Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather own in Dynasty leagues?

Russell Wilson
61%
Colin Kaepernick
39%

Total votes: 137

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick

Postby TheOracle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Here's something: what if the 49ers had signed Peyton Manning?
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 am

TheOracle wrote:Here's something: what if the 49ers had signed Peyton Manning?
Somehow I wonder if Kaepernick's presence affected Manning's & the 49ers decision.

I think Harbaugh deserves a ton of credit for identifying Kaep, developing him, and naming him the permanent starter. And while I'm not sure even Jim expected these great results this quickly, it's pretty clear that Kaepernick was always "Jim's guy".

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim/the 49ers offered Peyton just a 2-year deal. The 49ers were/are absolutely loaded and were always thought to be "a QB away from a SB", so any interest from the 49ers would have certainly forced Peyton to consider them. At the end of the day, I'm guessing Manning really just wanted to play 3-5 years, and the 49ers only wanted him for 1 or 2 before Jim could hand over the reigns to Kaepernick.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 am

The thought is scary; I would have been shocked if they didn't win atleast one superbowl in the last few years of Peyton's career. Who knows what Kaepernicks fate would have been.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
The thought is scary; I would have been shocked if they didn't win atleast one superbowl in the last few years of Peyton's career. Who knows what Kaepernicks fate would have been.

I don't agree. I think Manning would have been a huge waste of money for the 9ers that, if they didn't win this year could have cost them for years to come. IN retrospect, their non-signing of manning makes much more sense, given that Harbaugh obviously loved Kaepernick. He probably didn't' see the wisdom of devoting such a huge percentage of their salary cap in a player they couldn't even be sure would be effective again, when they had a player they were grooming to be the long term, not short term, starter.

Manning made the most sense in denver, where they were trying to excise Tebow, not in a place where they were trying to groom a young stud.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

It's an interesting question to pose. Though I did hear an interview with Jack Harbaugh talking about how he spoke with Jim after round 1 of that draft, and he was curious who his QB would be, and he was dead set on Kaepernick at that point and had him as one of his highest rated players that year, he just understood where his value was. And if you recall, the minute Dalton went off the board, he traded up immediately to get Kaep. Getting Kaep out there was the best thing for the Niners and Kaep longterm though. He gained some valuable experience and took them very far in the process, and I am expecting him to be a much better player in 2013 due to it vs coming in with zero games started.

Crazy as it seems I do think Kaep takes the Niners further then Peyton, I'm not really a big believer in Peyton being the same guy in the playoffs. After so many '1 and dones' eventually you have to start placing the blame on him because for an all time great the excuses stop at some point.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Rag3aholik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rag3aholik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 am

Chris_R wrote:
Crazy as it seems I do think Kaep takes the Niners further then Peyton, I'm not really a big believer in Peyton being the same guy in the playoffs. After so many '1 and dones' eventually you have to start placing the blame on him because for an all time great the excuses stop at some point.
In Peyton's case there's always a legitimate reason. I mean, this year, it's easy to use the excuse of another all-time great: thanks, Champ Bailey. Peyton kicked bleep all game except one throw. The fact that there was an OT period at all is a testament to how awful Champ and the secondary were.

Looking back over Peyton's career, the one time he had a functioning defence and some semblance of a running game at the same time: Superbowl. Dan Marino couldn't do it on his own either.
Rag3
12 team standard league - Non-PPR - 1 year completed
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Stafford,, Cutler,
RB: Spiller, Ball, Mathews, Gerhart, T-Rich, C. Michael
WR: C. Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, K. Allen,, J. Hunter, D. Rogers
TE: L. Green , J. Cool

Decepticons
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE 3Flex, 1TM
QB: Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson Montee Ball, Jonathan Stewart, Jay Ajayi,
WR: Brandon Marshall, K. Allen, D. Hopkins, Davante Adams, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Lafell, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt
TE: Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green{/size]

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am

Rag3aholik wrote:
Chris_R wrote:
In Peyton's case there's always a legitimate reason. I mean, this year, it's easy to use the excuse of another all-time great: thanks, Champ Bailey. Peyton kicked bleep all game except one throw. The fact that there was an OT period at all is a testament to how awful Champ and the secondary were.

Looking back over Peyton's career, the one time he had a functioning defence and some semblance of a running game at the same time: Superbowl. Dan Marino couldn't do it on his own either.

I get that, and if Rahim Moore makes that play maybe it is over. But he still threw a crucial INT in the game, and they were in that game more so for special teams play then Peyton. Look at what Flacco did this post season. His defense wasn't elite, neither was Ray Rice, or any WR's, but he didn't throw a single INT and carried that team. I hardly have seen Peyton do that in the post season yet he does it over and over in the regular season.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:20 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:He had crap games v.s. the worst defense in the league (Saints) and he had a crap game against the Dolphins who had one of the worst pass defenses in the league. He didn't pass for a TD in 2 games and only threw 1 in 2 others.

Another knock against Kaepernick is that his team's defense is stout which leads to conservative play-calling. This is the same issue with Russell Wilson as well, although Wilson is a much more accurate passer with worse weapons that what Kaepernick is working with.

Another knock against Kaepernick is the division that he plays in - arguably the toughest defensively in the league.

That's one of the reason's Newton is such a fantastic fantasy QB - his team's defense is god-awful and he's constantly asked to run and pass his team back into respectable contention.

If you can live with Kaepernick's low output every other week (i.e. his games v.s. St.L, Miami, Seattle) mixed in with the occasional big game, be my guest. I wouldn't want to depend on him on a week-to-week basis.
This is so baseless, putting up 19 & 18 fantasy points is a "crap game".

You do realize that Peyton Manning averaged 19 points per game this season right? If Kaepernick has nothing but "crap games" next year he will finish the season as a top 5 QB.

Your such a hater it's ridiculous, at least fabricate an argument that makes a little bit of sense.

:wave:

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:He had crap games v.s. the worst defense in the league (Saints) and he had a crap game against the Dolphins who had one of the worst pass defenses in the league. He didn't pass for a TD in 2 games and only threw 1 in 2 others.

Another knock against Kaepernick is that his team's defense is stout which leads to conservative play-calling. This is the same issue with Russell Wilson as well, although Wilson is a much more accurate passer with worse weapons that what Kaepernick is working with.

Another knock against Kaepernick is the division that he plays in - arguably the toughest defensively in the league.

That's one of the reason's Newton is such a fantastic fantasy QB - his team's defense is god-awful and he's constantly asked to run and pass his team back into respectable contention.

If you can live with Kaepernick's low output every other week (i.e. his games v.s. St.L, Miami, Seattle) mixed in with the occasional big game, be my guest. I wouldn't want to depend on him on a week-to-week basis.
This is so baseless, putting up 19 & 18 fantasy points is a "crap game".

You do realize that Peyton Manning averaged 19 points per game this season right? If Kaepernick has nothing but "crap games" next year he will finish the season as a top 5 QB.

Your such a hater it's ridiculous, at least fabricate an argument that makes a little bit of sense.

:wave:
Not sure what this means, can you not tell the difference between a poor real life performance and fantasy performance?

He had 2 poor games, one against the best defense in the league who has the most ridiculous home-field advantage in sports.

The past two weeks have just been blow out's that didn't cause for him to do much. For the most part you are correct, Kaepernick's situation kills him for fantasy purposes. Great defense, horrific receivers, and a good running game. Long term I see it difficult to not like Kaepernick's chances.

Lol you stick with Cam though, dude takes the cerebral aspect of the game to another level :lol:

He is absolutely terrible, the fact that the general populous thinks this guy is a good passer is a joke.

Then again I tend to forget that the simple minded folk around here are only concerned with passing yards.

Kaep > Cam in literally every single way and you know it.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm not a huge Cam fan either - but have been laughing at the quick disappearance of all the Kaep-lovers now that the NFL has figured him out.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:21 am

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:I'm not a huge Cam fan either - but have been laughing at the quick disappearance of all the Kaep-lovers now that the NFL has figured him out.
Once again, you're having some serious issues telling the difference between a poor real-life performance and fantasy performance.

But your right, he was still a complete mystery to the NFL in week 1 but over the last few weeks the league has completely figured him out. :roll: