Julio vs AJ

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

There can be only one

AJ Green
33%
Julio Jones
67%

Total votes: 49

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Julio vs AJ

Postby RobertBobson » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 pm

After spending a summer thinking about this, I think I'd take julio over aj. I think they are both great receivers, but I think Julio is a more dynamic athlete, so when in doubt, I have to give the edge to measurables. This is a switch in position for me, because I've been in love with AJ since before the draft last season. And this position switched before the game, for the record!
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:14 pm

RobertBobson wrote:After spending a summer thinking about this, I think I'd take julio over aj. I think they are both great receivers, but I think Julio is a more dynamic athlete, so when in doubt, I have to give the edge to measurables. This is a switch in position for me, because I've been in love with AJ since before the draft last season. And this position switched before the game, for the record!

Couldn't agree more with this, AJ has great balls skills but Julio is very fast, very strong, and extremely explosive. Add in the fact that his situation is much better and Julio is the easy choice for me.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm

In a track and field event, I would take Julio. In football, I would take AJ. Both are likely going to be great, however for me at this point it is easily AJ for the same reasons that many are choosing Julio. Namely, a better QB, better situation for Julio. AJ has already produced as a rookie while being the focus in the passing game against #1 CBs and with a presumably a weaker QB. Julio has not had to do that exactly because he is currently in a better situation. Until Julio has proven he can produce against #1 CBs and double coverage, the choice for me is clearly AJ. Also, I have a suspicion that Julio is going to fight recurring hamstring issues in his career(as he did last year) because he is so explosive...