Hardesty - Are u handcuffing TR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Hardesty - Are u handcuffing TR

Postby Typhus » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:05 am

Every league is different,, but just curious the value Hardesty has to TR owners.
In one of my dynasty leagues that I drafted TR, I moved earlier than I would have normally to handcuff the rook, but feel that handcuffing TR is and should be one of the top handcuffs in the league. Right up there with Ben Tate.... Just curious what your values are with the Browns backfield situation considering that TR is a Rook, and the equated value to putting some chains on him. Not talked about much, but rooks do go down,,, and Hardesty might be a value later.

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Hardesty - Are u handcuffing TR

Postby JockPostDT » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 am

I haven't seen anything from Hardesty over the past 2 season's that have made him a "must handcuff". He seems brittle, and when he is in there I haven't been impressed with his production.

With that said, I have him rostered from a previous season and drafted TRich at 1.1. Take that for what it's worth.
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:34 am

Tate is a top handcuff because he has proven to be extremely successful in the Texans' offensive system. Even when Foster is healthy, the Texans run the ball enough to give Tate consistent Flex value.

That is not at all the case regarding Montario Hardesty. As JockPostDT mentioned, Hardesty has been brittle and ineffective when on the field and he has shown me absolutely nothing to suggest this will change. Additionally, the CLE coaching staff has been talking up Brandon Jackson way more than Hardesty.

Furthermore, Richardson has no health concerns at this time, so I'm not sure where the desire to handcuff would come from.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 am

Trent Richardson is a great fantasy player because of the player, not the situation.
He can be productive, Hardesty and Jackson will be desperation plays. I'd rather take a flier on someone who has some upside.
Although if having Richardson's handcuff is a must, I think I'd go with Jackson, although if anything were to happen to Richardson, Hardesty and Jackson are headed for a full on RBBC.