MFL vs Yahoo

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: MFL vs Yahoo

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm I will say this openly... if I only had the MFL platform as an option to play fantasy from, I probably would find a different hobby lol. Thats how much I hate their interface.
I really don't understand this. After spending 7 years using MFL, plus using yahoo, ESPN, and CBS, MFL blows them away for a dynasty league. When I first started using MFL most of the league didn't like it, as it was their first time using it. We tried to switch to CBS, we realized pretty quickly how superior MFL was.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm I will say this openly... if I only had the MFL platform as an option to play fantasy from, I probably would find a different hobby lol. Thats how much I hate their interface.
I really don't understand this. After spending 7 years using MFL, plus using yahoo, ESPN, and CBS, MFL blows them away for a dynasty league. When I first started using MFL most of the league didn't like it, as it was their first time using it. We tried to switch to CBS, we realized pretty quickly how superior MFL was.
Read my post on page 1. We use Sleeper. I'm in the DLF Early Bird Special league and we use MFL for that. My home league and a new SF dynasty league use Sleeper. I personally dont see how people like MFL outside of the customization options. But I can live without that level of detail.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:24 pm

I hate the MFL interface. I hate that they list players by last name, first name. And I hate the fact that you can't arrange players on your roster, the way it is possible on ESPN .

But their software architecture is so old that they'd have to start from scratch to address these things, and that would probably cost seven figures. They'll just stay course and cash in so long as no other platform steps up and deliver a similar product. Heck, if ESPN allowed future picksntonne traded, I'd move two of my three leagues and just have my auction salary cap league at MFL.

In case it's not clear, I really hate MFL.

Lol

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm

I've been doing dynasty leagues for years on fleaflicker. Much, much better then mfl. I hate mfl. I have one league on there because it's the only one that does salaries, which is a great way to do dynasties. But using it is not user friendly.

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:30 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm I've been doing dynasty leagues for years on fleaflicker. Much, much better then mfl. I hate mfl. I have one league on there because it's the only one that does salaries, which is a great way to do dynasties. But using it is not user friendly.
I was curious if fleaflicker would be brought up. I've been trying to convince my league mates to switch from Yahoo to FF but over half of them prefer to stay with yahoo simply because all the other leagues they are in are Yahoo leagues. But they all agree that they wish Yahoo supported dynasty format. I've gone to the extent of recreating my league on fleaflicker, that way I can easily see my roster/news an waiver wire targets. Everyone else is just waiting in the dark.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:01 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:43 am Is flea flicker free?
Yes. And on both FF and Sleeer you can trade future draft picks.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 am

Some questions for the Sleeper site / app, since our league is considering switching over from MFL:
-Can you manually seed playoff teams? We have 2 divisions and each Division winner gets an automatic bye, then the next 3 seeds given to overall record, with the remaining seed going to the best remaining All-Play record - does Sleeper track All-Play record and can I ensure the proper teams make the playoffs?
-Can you manually create playoff matchups? We have a 2-week Loser's Bracket that we set up for teams that don't make the playoffs so that they can fight over future draft pick seeds.
-Waivers, can you customize the frequency when FAAB bids process? We have waivers set up to process Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday @ noon - can Sleeper accomodate?
-Injured Reserve and Roster Expansion - how easy is it to setup IR spots, and then expand / contract roster sizes?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 am

I have actually found MFL easier to use than Yahoo/ESPN. I find Yahoo/ESPN hard to find where things are, such as league settings, past player stats etc. We have also had issues with commishs in yahoo, as you can't change things if there is a problem.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 am

meineymoe wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:09 am Not gonna lie - the learning curve on using MFL is higher than Yahoo. However, just spend a few hours exploring, and you'll never wanna go back.
For sure. When I transitioned to MFL from Yahoo like 8 years ago, I was so lost. The rest of your post was a very nice way to get started. Took me a while to figure all of that out. Probably longer than need be too.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 pm

I play on both. 8 dynasty leagues on MFL. 2 redrafters on yahoo.

MFL is a miserable experience compared to yahoo.

Yahoo would be a miserable experience for Dynasty.

I would look into the sleeper app. That should feel a lot more yahoo-like, while also giving you the needed Dynasty functionality that yahoo lacks.

My next dynasty startup will be on sleeper. Not sure when that will be, but I’ve taken a game of thrones style oath to not give MFL any more business until they get with the technology

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:53 pm I would like people to check out Sleeper. It may not have the deep customization that MFL has, but what it lacks there it makes up for it in so many ways.

Full dynasty support
Easy to use interface
Mainstream looks and feel
FREE
Mobile friendly
Built in chat for each league

I get people like the customization that MFL offers. But its bad in so many ways. And on top of that it costs money. I do 99% of my fantasy interaction from my phone or ipad. Sleeper is so easy and it doesnt go down during the off season like the mainstream platforms do. It really is the best of both worlds and I'm extremely pleased.
Bot -

Our league is considering a transition to Sleeper, can I pick your brain on your experience a little bit? Would be happy to message or email you - just a few questions that shouldn't take much time.

Thanks!
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:53 pm I would like people to check out Sleeper. It may not have the deep customization that MFL has, but what it lacks there it makes up for it in so many ways.

Full dynasty support
Easy to use interface
FREE
Mobile friendly

I get people like the customization that MFL offers. But its bad in so many ways. And on top of that it costs money. I do 99% of my fantasy interaction from my phone or ipad. Sleeper is so easy and it doesnt go down during the off season like the mainstream platforms do. It really is the best of both worlds and I'm extremely pleased.
Bot -

Our league is considering a transition to Sleeper, can I pick your brain on your experience a little bit? Would be happy to message or email you - just a few questions that shouldn't take much time.

Thanks!

Absolutely!

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am

im trying to switch my home dynasty from yahoo to mfl because its a huge pain to use yahoo but nobody really wants to use mfl except for the few that are really into dynasty. i just suck it up and run both lol, i use mfl in offseason and yahoo in season. its awful
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am

Full dynasty support
Easy to use interface
FREE
Mobile friendly

Bot -

Thanks!

Absolutely!
Awesome, just sent you an email - let me know if you didn't get it.

Much appreciated!