Tebow starting over Sanchez poll

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Does Tebow take over from Sanchez at some point this season as NYJ's starting QB?

Poll ended at Thu May 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 24

bluemetal
Role Player
Role Player

Tebow starting over Sanchez poll

Postby bluemetal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:04 pm

this forum is a pretty diverse group of ppl. I am in a league where starting QBs are at a crazy high premium. Trying to figure out if I should trade for Tebow now. Please respond to the poll. Am keeping it a simple Yes/No. Thanks

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Tebow starting over Sanchez poll

Postby cha » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 pm

He may very well start over him at some point but I am not sure I would recommend trading for him.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 pm

I think they'd have been better off with Drew Stanton, but now Stanton gets to aid in the development of another #1 QB with Luck.

-oo-

probowlguy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby probowlguy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm

this forum is a pretty diverse group of ppl. I am in a league where starting QBs are at a crazy high premium. Trying to figure out if I should trade for Tebow now. Please respond to the poll. Am keeping it a simple Yes/No. Thanks

I answered the poll but I have to comment. Are you a Sanchez owner in this league, that could matter?
I think Tebow's current value is low compared to the upside potential. It is also possible he spends some time playing at RB or HBack if he does not start at QB. What if he is reclassified and/or has dual classifications... It's always a matter of price of course but I see him as great risk/reward at his current value

bluemetal
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bluemetal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Fair comments probowlguy....I don't own Sanchez but my rationale is that if I get Tebow real cheap (say 3rd or 5th round pick) and he does become a starter, I can easily flip him for someone like a Colston or an Ingram....QBs are that much valued in my league...problem is Tebow is only classified as a QB and his other stuff (punt coverage, etc.) does not help me at all. thanks

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

As a Sanchez owner I am disgusted by this whole ordeal haha.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 pm

The only way Tebow starts ahead of Sanchez this year is if Sanchez gets hurt. Otherwise, it's just not happening.

That doesn't mean Tebow won't see the field. I fully expect them to use him in a limited capacity for special packages, just not as a starter.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:50 am

probowlguy wrote:this forum is a pretty diverse group of ppl. I am in a league where starting QBs are at a crazy high premium. Trying to figure out if I should trade for Tebow now. Please respond to the poll. Am keeping it a simple Yes/No. Thanks

I answered the poll but I have to comment. Are you a Sanchez owner in this league, that could matter?
I think Tebow's current value is low compared to the upside potential. It is also possible he spends some time playing at RB or HBack if he does not start at QB. What if he is reclassified and/or has dual classifications... It's always a matter of price of course but I see him as great risk/reward at his current value
You've got the right idea, I've said this before. Tebow is the ultimate buy-low, he could put up big fantasy numbers once he takes over and will cost you next to nothing.

And don't be scared off by people saying that Sanchez will keep the job, not only is he a dynamic rushing threat that will turn the jets into the #1 rushing team in the game, he's also a better career passer according to the stats. You'll learn that Tebow haters are extremely prone to ignoring factual evidence