moreno

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
blitz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

moreno

Postby blitz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 am

with peyton going to denver whats everyones thought on moreno . he still is young and can catch the ball and peyton likes a pass 1st offense w/ a little running game . do you think he has what it takes .

reddaddy32
Role Player
Role Player

Re: moreno

Postby reddaddy32 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 am

I've never thought Moreno had what it takes to play in the NFL consistently. That said, I think you have to like the insertion of Manning into the offense. You now know that at the very least, people will not be focusing on Moreno, and Manning will get him into good situations. And he cannot succeed then, well, that's all there is to it.
Start 1 QB/TE/K/DEF,2RB/3WR or 1RB/4WR 1PPR,12 Team

QB:Locker, Schaub, Tannehill, R Wilson
RB:J Bell, Charles, K hunter, Murray, J Stewart
WR:Benjamin, Cobb, Fitzgerald, Nicks, M Williams, Rob Woods
TE:Gronkowski, Green, Housler
3.02, 4.02
WR: Cal Johnson, Broyles, Hankerson, St Johnson, M Jones, D Moore, D Thomas, Wheaton
TE: Gresham, Rudolph
K: Janikowski
1.07, 2.06, 3.07, 4.06

northga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby northga » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 am

I am not sold that he stays in Denver.

Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 am

That is the question. First thing is he needs to recover from his torn ACL. I've read his rookie contract has two more cap friendly years so you'd think it doesn't hurt to see it through another year.

I think he has zero trade value so unless the roster gets so crowded with FA's recruited by Manning I would assume he stay until that point.

Probably imagine them drafting a RB...perhaps with any pick acquired in a Tebow trade...but they also still need a backup QB.

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 pm

When it comes to Manning and his running backs, he is going to look for someone that can pass protect first, catch passes second, and pick up that 1 yard on 3rd and 1. I don't really think that describes Moreno, so I doubt he is the answer for them.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Moreno is not a Fox guy and is not likely to ever get much of a role there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

skip wrote:Moreno is not a Fox guy and is not likely to ever get much of a role there.
I agree. The interesting question would be is it more important to be a Fox guy or a Manning guy? Moreno isn't either one, but it will be interesting to see which one carries more weight. My guess is that Manning would win that debate.

Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:33 pm

He will be 25 at the start of the season with less than 500 carries ( albeit a torn ACL in the year he was used the least).

Perhaps the Falcons would show interest in him if he were cut. No clear successor to Turner and there are likely still fans of Moreno in ATL. I view Quiz as more of a Sproles weapon than a Ray Rice or MJD. But I could easily be wrong.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't have high hopes for Moreno. After his recent ACL I don't see him coming back in Denver and having much if any impact. To me he ran soft prior to the injury and got straight up beat out my W. McGahee before he blew his knee, all the while on a "run heavy offense". Sorry, I wouldn't waste a roster spot. I also don't beleive that Manning being there helps his value out at all.

IMO - Moreno = Bust.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

JFever wrote:I don't have high hopes for Moreno. After his recent ACL I don't see him coming back in Denver and having much if any impact. To me he ran soft prior to the injury and got straight up beat out my W. McGahee before he blew his knee, all the while on a "run heavy offense". Sorry, I wouldn't waste a roster spot. I also don't beleive that Manning being there helps his value out at all.

IMO - Moreno = Bust.
Agreed...BUSTO!

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm

i own moreno in one league and the fact is that his trade value is zero right now. he's an all upside guy cause he cant be much lower and still have actual value.

this year is his final chance to show something i think. if he cant come in and get stats with peyton than he's basura. i just think if you have him? you hold him. i think he IS worth a roster spot... he's def on triple secret probation status tho.

Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:37 am

Exactly...hold but don't drop/trade for nothing. This of course assumes you have a large dynasty roster and better options are not on the wire.

He can sit on my bench next to Tashard Choice and Tim Hightower. Don't count on them but you never know given their ages.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sun May 06, 2012 7:49 am

With Hillman drafted by Broncos, could Moreno get value in PPR ? Maybe could he be cut and bounce back in an other franchise ? In my dynasty, someone offered me Jason Avant. I refused. I sent a counter-offer to get his 4th round (4.02) and fifth round (5.02). The owner thinks it's too expensive. I don't think so.

What do you think about this ?

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 am

Blackout wrote:With Hillman drafted by Broncos, could Moreno get value in PPR ? Maybe could he be cut and bounce back in an other franchise ? In my dynasty, someone offered me Jason Avant. I refused. I sent a counter-offer to get his 4th round (4.02) and fifth round (5.02). The owner thinks it's too expensive. I don't think so.

What do you think about this ?
You more than likely used a top three pick a few years ago on him. He gets a bad wrap for production, but look at what he had around him... He didn't get a chance to run with Tebow, which is what McGahee benefited from. I think the talent is there to be a productive back, but I'm not sure that happens in Denver. I'm not sure he's a Bronco in August either. Regardless, I wouldn't take any of those offers for Moreno.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I think Fox has seen enough from Moreno. I expect Hillman to pass him quickly and have a shot to become the lead back given McGahee's age.