Taxi Squads

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bmeintz
Role Player
Role Player

Taxi Squads

Postby bmeintz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:47 am

I just switched our league over to myfantasyleague.com (and absolutely love it) and saw they have taxi squads available. I love this idea and have opened it up for league vote as to wether we add it or not. Just wanted to get some input from some of you that have played in leagues that have it and see what you think. Do your leagues allow any player to be places on the taxi squad or what. Basically I need help how to manage it and how to sell it to my league. How large a squad and who is eligible mainly.

Thanks
TEAM 1
10 Tm PPR QB heavy $250 Cap TS
1QB Brees 3yr/$25 Locker 3yr/$1 Luck 7yr/$5
2RB Rice 4yr/$30 McCoy 5yr/$25 Spiller 3yr/$5 Best 1yr/15 J Stew 5yr/$10 Stephens-Howling 1yr/$.50 Ballard 1yr/$.50 Hunter 1yr/$1 R.Williams 2yr/$1 L.Miller 3yr/$3 Powell 2yr/$.50
2WR Megatron 5yr/$25 AJ Green 6yr/$5 Julio 6yr/$10 Dez 4yr/$15 Nicks 5yr/$25 James Jones 1yr/$.50 J Baldwin 2yr/$1 AZ Floyd 5yr/$5 Quick 4yr/$3
1TE Witten 2yr/$15 Cook 3yr/$1 Rudolph 4yr/$1 L Green 3yr/$.50
1WR/RB/TE Flex Position

jd5016
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Taxi Squads

Postby jd5016 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

I am in the same boat as you!

I wonder, since I am in a salary capped dynasty, do the taxi squad players have contracts that count against your cap? Or do they only count against the cap if they are activated?

Once activated can they be placed back on the taxi squad?

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm

In my leagues that utilize the TS, the player has to be a rookie that has never been on a contract. He doesn't count towards any salary/years until activated. At the time he's brought up he has to be given a contract and is no longer able to go on the TS.

In my local we went from not having a TS to having one. We decided that in the first year of the TS that rookies, or second year guys would be eligible, the following year only rookies go forward. We have a 3 years of service limit, meaning players going into their fourth year must be activated, or dropped.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 pm

In a salary/contract league that I was in we used the taxi squad for rookies only. 50% of their salary went against the cap but they did not have any contract years until promoted. In a non-salary/contract league we simply used the taxi squad for rookies only.

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 pm

In a non conteact IDP league we have a 5 man TS. Rookies and college players only. Rookies have 3 years to make it to the active roster. College players can sit on there till they reach the NFL then have 3 years once that happens.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 pm

we use the taxi squad on MFL, allowing two players to be placed on it, whether rookie, veteran, or to stash IR players. Also, we do not allow players to be promoted during the season. This is not a salary league, so not sure how to handle that.

-oo-

xGUACAMOLEx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xGUACAMOLEx » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:49 pm

our taxi squad is limited to 3 players, must be under 25. players can be taken on/off the taxi squad at will during the offseason, but during the regular season if you promote them, they cannot go back on the taxi squad. noncontract league however.

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JockPostDT » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 am

bmeintz wrote:I just switched our league over to myfantasyleague.com (and absolutely love it) and saw they have taxi squads available. I love this idea and have opened it up for league vote as to wether we add it or not. Just wanted to get some input from some of you that have played in leagues that have it and see what you think. Do your leagues allow any player to be places on the taxi squad or what. Basically I need help how to manage it and how to sell it to my league. How large a squad and who is eligible mainly.

Thanks
We use 10 taxi squad spots, must be used by either rookies or second year players. Taxi squad player's salaries don't count toward your cap, and they cannot be activated until after the year is over. (So if you started Cam on taxi squad last year, you didn't get to reap his benefits)

Also, if a taxi squad player is signed to a 3 year deal, the years he spends on the taxi squad don't count towards his contract.
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen