Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Saquan Barkley??

Postby Ice » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 pm

Pretty simple questions really.

1) What do you think you can get him for at auction if you let him walk?
2) Do you have a T Tag?
3) Can you Trade him prior to extending or post extension?

They are getting a new coach which may help his value. This is a strong O line draft and the Giants may go there early and often which will help his production.

Not an answer one can really give but my take is Barkley will never live up to his rookie season so I would be looking to trade him even if I signed him as soon as possible.

Good Luck!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

The Giants need an Oline, A QB, A WR, A TE, a Defense and a HC. I cant see half of that getting fixed by start of next year. Even if Barkley is 100% healthy there is very little help to make defenses not just sell out to stop him. I say that assuming he can live up to his rookie wonder season. I would sell him. Someone has to believe still in your league, I would find them and cash out.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:24 am

@OP. Can we get the thread title spelling right? This is really bothering me. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Saquon Barkley??

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:24 am @OP. Can we get the thread title spelling right? This is really bothering me. :lol:
There you go. :thumbup:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Saquon Barkley??

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:24 am @OP. Can we get the thread title spelling right? This is really bothering me. :lol:
There you go. :thumbup:
Thanks man, but it still says Saquan on the threads Dynasty League Discussion main page!!! :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Yarnith wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm The Giants need an Oline, A QB, A WR, A TE, a Defense and a HC. I cant see half of that getting fixed by start of next year. Even if Barkley is 100% healthy there is very little help to make defenses not just sell out to stop him. I say that assuming he can live up to his rookie wonder season. I would sell him. Someone has to believe still in your league, I would find them and cash out.
They don't necessarily need the defense. We've seen great rushing seasons out of poor teams. Regardless, Saquon's ceiling value is tied to his usage in the passing game - so that's Defensive-agnostic.

This is an OL heavy draft. With no obvious successor to Jones staring them in the face, and one year remaining on his contract, I could easily see a new GM going OL heavy with one-or-both of their 1sts, if the right value is there.

Toney flashed. Golladay could stand to play a lot better. Slayton has had his moments historically. This draft has a lot of WR talent. WR could be fixed, but even if it isn't, it doesn't impact Saquon's touch share. It merely impacts his overall red zone opportunities, nothing more.

I've posted this a hundred times around here, but it's a maxim worth repeating:
The quickest way back to NFL relevance is through establishing league-average QB play, and league-average coaching.

There is a non-zero chance that a hire like Brian Daboll could hit both of those birds with one stone.

Dimes will never be the long-term answer in New York, but in the right circumstances, he can produce. Feeding an RB in the passing game, and freezing Linebackers with his (surprising, though not elite) dual-threat abilities are both things that are in his wheel-house.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:12 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm
Yarnith wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm The Giants need an Oline, A QB, A WR, A TE, a Defense and a HC. I cant see half of that getting fixed by start of next year. Even if Barkley is 100% healthy there is very little help to make defenses not just sell out to stop him. I say that assuming he can live up to his rookie wonder season. I would sell him. Someone has to believe still in your league, I would find them and cash out.
They don't necessarily need the defense. We've seen great rushing seasons out of poor teams. Regardless, Saquon's ceiling value is tied to his usage in the passing game - so that's Defensive-agnostic.
When your defense is among the worst for most all categories its a problem. Sure passing raises his ceiling but a lack of rushes because your down 21 in the first half drops the bottom out of his floor. This makes him far riskier and negates essentially what makes RB's better fantasy options to WR's. A higher consistent floor. This is not the kind of risk I expect from "Generational Talents".
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Guess who's back

Back again

Saquon's back

Tell a friend

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:39 pm

Love Saquon. So good. But yeah…I’d still probably sell at the right price because I still don’t trust the offense. But hey…the Giants could get one of the stud QBs next year
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:48 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:39 pm Love Saquon. So good. But yeah…I’d still probably sell at the right price because I still don’t trust the offense. But hey…the Giants could get one of the stud QBs next year
Plenty of elite RB1 seasons from bad offenses. Saquon is going to be a top 5 RB this year in PPR. Sell if you wish, but if you're competing, he is a superstar that can win you multiple weeks.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Glad to see him play well again.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:01 pm

My PPR redraft where I'm starting saquon, cook, and Swift is going to be hot this year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:34 pm

CGW wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:01 pm My PPR redraft where I'm starting saquon, cook, and Swift is going to be hot this year.
8 team league? How did you get all 3??

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:34 pm
CGW wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:01 pm My PPR redraft where I'm starting saquon, cook, and Swift is going to be hot this year.
8 team league? How did you get all 3??
12tm SF, everyone went WR heavy early. M

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Came so close to swapping Cook and a 2nd for Barkley. Other owner decided he wanted to see how the season starts. That deals not happening anytime soon 😂
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd