Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm

Truly wonder what will happen to these Steelers weapons with a QB change next season. I am unsure what narrative to buy into and wi that uncertainty it usually means to me to buy the cheaper options, so fade Najee/Diontae and buy JuJu/Claypool?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:03 pm

Claypool is a screaming buy

Juju is a buy if he can get out of Pittsburgh. I've always been low on him but a Robert Woods like resurgence is very possible if he picks his destination wisely

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:15 pm Another "TD pass" for Tap Mahomes.
i'D rAtHeR hAvE jUsTiN hErBeRt :lol:

The Steelers could just, y'know, stop it? It's obviously an easy gimmicky play that is completely readable and in no way represents the threats and binds that Mahomes puts you in as a thrower, right...?

Any further analysis on his further 4 touchdowns in this game, orrrr...?

Perhaps he'll let you off the hook and not throw any more in the -checks timer- "whole forthcoming 4th quarter"

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Najee just looks so, so untalented every time I watch him

Steelers would have helped their running game more by giving Conner an OL as the Colts and Giants showed in 2018 (one had Marlon Mack and Nyhiem Hines+a strong OL, the other rolled with Saquon and a bunch of turnstiles--the former had a far better running game)

And Najee is no Saquon

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 pm

I've heard whistles (or what sound like them) coming from the crowd in various games. I've always wondered if the NFL has taken steps to reduce/eliminate them.

There's an easy solution to relying on the sounds of whistles- either the ref blowing their whistle puts an alert on a HUD-like device for players, or using a device that does that in place of whistles. If that's too expensive, that device could send a signal to players equipped with headsets like those currently used by field captains.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 pm I've heard whistles (or what sound like them) coming from the crowd in various games. I've always wondered if the NFL has taken steps to reduce/eliminate them.

There's an easy solution to relying on the sounds of whistles- either the ref blowing their whistle puts an alert on a HUD-like device for players, or using a device that does that in place of whistles. If that's too expensive, that device could send a signal to players equipped with headsets like those currently used by field captains.
or they could shoot any non-ref with a whistle at half time. better entertainment than bruno mars!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:28 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:24 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:15 pm Another "TD pass" for Tap Mahomes.
i'D rAtHeR hAvE jUsTiN hErBeRt :lol:

The Steelers could just, y'know, stop it? It's obviously an easy gimmicky play that is completely readable and in no way represents the threats and binds that Mahomes puts you in as a thrower, right...?

Any further analysis on his further 4 touchdowns in this game, orrrr...?

Perhaps he'll let you off the hook and not throw any more in the -checks timer- "whole forthcoming 4th quarter"
Yeah, I've just made the comment before that he gets more cheap TD passes for FF than anyone. Tap is still a good QB, but he gets the added bonus of Andy Reid's gimmicks on the stat sheet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:42 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:03 pm Claypool is a screaming buy

Juju is a buy if he can get out of Pittsburgh. I've always been low on him but a Robert Woods like resurgence is very possible if he picks his destination wisely
I wish he'd signed with KC last year. I agree Juju could be good elsewhere for FF.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:52 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:46 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:34 pm Do yourselves a favor and sell Lamb before he loses name value. He’s seriously overrated
It is crazy how few targets he gets. The WR version of CEH.

But no, not selling low.
Selling low? He's a top 3 Dynasty WR. The idea is you'd be selling high. He's at peak value (IMO)

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 am

Needed a day off to recouperate from the whooping the Bills put on the Pats, my lord. I didnt expect the pats to win but i didnt expect it to be that bad. Lots of work to do on the defense this offseason. Offense is fine but could use a WR, will be interesting to see how that impacts Fantasy if a WR goes to the Pats.

Anyway i have a bad feeliing these 7 Seed at 2 Seed games are going to be a lot like the two were this weekend. Gonna get a 9 win team going up against a 13 win team some years and they will be awful sloppy massacres most of the time. Itll look like the NCAA Tourney 16 seed vs 1 seed games. Bad idea but all the NFL cares about is money.

Other thoughts, Chiefs vs Bills could be an amazing game, im gonna pick the Bills, Josh Allen is just incredible right now. Im very interested to see Titans vs Bengals, two totally different styles of play and henry is back. I can really see the 9ers beating the Packers, that could be a fun game. And im just gonna pick the bucs vs rams or cardinals because Brady is just still a king. Good luck to all the fans of teams still in playoffs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:06 am

Not sure what was worse. Dak's lack of on field awareness when it mattered most, or him condoning fan violence on the refs for his mistake.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:06 am Not sure what was worse. Dak's lack of on field awareness when it mattered most, or him condoning fan violence on the refs for his mistake.
This speaks to a bigger problem, fans are getting more out of control than ever it seems. Yes the Buffalo sex toy on the field at Kendrick Bourne was funny, but you shouldnt throw things at players. Fans should not be throwing things at refs. Its just bad all around and im not sure why people think they can act this way?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:06 am Not sure what was worse. Dak's lack of on field awareness when it mattered most, or him condoning fan violence on the refs for his mistake.
This speaks to a bigger problem, fans are getting more out of control than ever it seems. Yes the Buffalo sex toy on the field at Kendrick Bourne was funny, but you shouldnt throw things at players. Fans should not be throwing things at refs. Its just bad all around and im not sure why people think they can act this way?
Lowest common denominator. Dumb people with a bunch of booze in them, acting irrationally and emotionally. What makes it worse, is the guy who is supposed to be the leader of that franchise just incentivized the fans to do it again in the future. Dak is an immature, over paid cry baby. I lost all respect for him after this. He had time to change, shower, process. No excuses. Instead of taking responsibility for his own mistake, he passed blame to someone who didn't deserve it, and condoned violence/aggression towards them.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:46 am

Refs are low hanging fruit for scapegoats.

It would be too hard to blame Dak for not sliding a few seconds earlier or the 49ers players who prevented them from getting up for a quick second.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am
Lowest common denominator. Dumb people with a bunch of booze in them, acting irrationally and emotionally. What makes it worse, is the guy who is supposed to be the leader of that franchise just incentivized the fans to do it again in the future. Dak is an immature, over paid cry baby. I lost all respect for him after this. He had time to change, shower, process. No excuses. Instead of taking responsibility for his own mistake, he passed blame to someone who didn't deserve it, and condoned violence/aggression towards them.
Agree. This makes Cam Newton after losing Super Bowl 50 seem not so bad. Advocating/condoning violence is just nasty. You're supposed to be a professional and the leader of your team - grow up and show good sportsmanship in your loss. If you and your team would've played better, you would've won, simple as that.
Last edited by DynastyDrum30 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None