Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm

Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow
Allen
Kyler

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm Kyler is not a top 5 fantasy QB asset. He is just not.
Which 5 are you taking over him?

Mahomes (obviously), Allen (also obvious), Herbert (maybe controversial but not that much for me), Burrow (kind of questionable but I would), ...

Who else? He's nowhere near a top 5 real life QB but he is an excellent dynasty asset
Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow
Lamar, Dak, Kyler

No question he's a great dynasty asset with the running addition, but he's only had the one great year rushing which led him to a QB3 finish. This year, his numbers came back down and his yardage was closer to Mahomes and Herbert's than Allen/Lamar.

Mostly splitting hairs here so don't take this as me dumping on Kyler too bad, but I'm taking the other 6 before him. Hes a good ways ahead of the next QBs though too. Watson, Russ, Arod, Stafford and all the rookies
I forgot about Lamar actually. Yeah I'd take him over Kyler though it be argued either way (Cardinals do have a lot more passing volume making Murray less reliant on TDs for points through the air for example but I think Lamar is a better player)

Dak is a better real life player who I'd rather start a franchise with but he doesn't really have the ceiling and legitimate QB1 upside that Murray does in a given season (even if he doesn't improve a ton in real life)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:33 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 pm

Which 5 are you taking over him?

Mahomes (obviously), Allen (also obvious), Herbert (maybe controversial but not that much for me), Burrow (kind of questionable but I would), ...

Who else? He's nowhere near a top 5 real life QB but he is an excellent dynasty asset
Lamar, Dak, Kyler

No question he's a great dynasty asset with the running addition, but he's only had the one great year rushing which led him to a QB3 finish. This year, his numbers came back down and his yardage was closer to Mahomes and Herbert's than Allen/Lamar.

Mostly splitting hairs here so don't take this as me dumping on Kyler too bad, but I'm taking the other 6 before him. Hes a good ways ahead of the next QBs though too. Watson, Russ, Arod, Stafford and all the rookies
I forgot about Lamar actually. Yeah I'd take him over Kyler though it be argued either way (Cardinals do have a lot more passing volume making Murray less reliant on TDs for points through the air for example but I think Lamar is a better player)

Dak is a better real life player who I'd rather start a franchise with but he doesn't really have the ceiling and legitimate QB1 upside that Murray does in a given season (even if he doesn't improve a ton in real life)
Personally I'd take Kyler over Lamar for FF. He's the better passer, and I he is a really savvy runner. Lamar has been going in a downwards trajectory for 2 years since his anomaly MVP year. This year there is no way to sugar coat it. He was bad as a thrower of the football. Haven't seen Kyler have that poor a season yet, and he's been in the league less time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 am

what kind of player runs 5 yards too far with 14 secs on the clock when the ball was snapped?

and then hands the ball to his centre instead of a ref?

then blames the refs because he doesn't know the rules?

then applauds fans throwing things at the refs because they're as dopey as he is about the rules?

he's useless. a flat track bully.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:04 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 am
what kind of player runs 5 yards too far with 14 secs on the clock when the ball was snapped?

and then hands the ball to his centre instead of a ref?

then blames the refs because he doesn't know the rules?

then applauds fans throwing things at the refs because they're as dopey as he is about the rules?

he's useless. a flat track bully.
He played poorly and was pathetic post game

He is still a better quarterback than Kyler--not elite but better than Kyler

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 pm

Lamar, Dak, Kyler

Personally I'd take Kyler over Lamar for FF. He's the better passer, and I he is a really savvy runner. Lamar has been going in a downwards trajectory for 2 years since his anomaly MVP year. This year there is no way to sugar coat it. He was bad as a thrower of the football. Haven't seen Kyler have that poor a season yet, and he's been in the league less time.
Kyler's first two years as a passer were worse than Lamar this year

Lamar's fantasy season was fine too until the Miami game where he first got hurt

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm

I saw someone call Dak Prescott a more popular Kirk Cousins. And, at least comparing stats, they are really close to being the same player.

Career Stat - Player A - Player B
Completion % - 66.9 - 66.6
Quarterback Rating - 98.6 - 98.7
Yards/Attempt - 7.7 - 7.6
Passing Yards/Game - 260.7 - 259.8
Passing TD/Game - 1.8 - 1.7
Interceptions/Game - 0.7 - 0.6
Times Sacked/Game - 1.9 - 2.1
Rushing Yards/Game - 6.7 - 17.2
Playoff Record - 1-2 - 1-3

Player A is Cousins, and B is Prescott. Without the minor difference in rushing yards per game, they’re indistinguishable.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm I saw someone call Dak Prescott a more popular Kirk Cousins. And, at least comparing stats, they are really close to being the same player.

Player A is Cousins, and B is Prescott. Without the minor difference in rushing yards per game, they’re indistinguishable.
They aren’t that far apart but to me that’s more about Kirk being underrated

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:59 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm I saw someone call Dak Prescott a more popular Kirk Cousins. And, at least comparing stats, they are really close to being the same player.

They aren’t that far apart but to me that’s more about Kirk being underrated
I think it's both. Dak has been proposed up by an all-star cast and only has a great record vs the weakest division in the NFL and a poor record outside of it.

He walked into the a NFL and was gifted the best Oline the league has possibly ever scene, an at the time elite RB (idk how much is Zeke and how much was the Oline but as a unit they were lights out regardless), he was not a game winning QB, he was essentially what Tannehill was when Henry was playing, hand the ball off, don't turn the ball over, hit the easy throws off PA. Did that for two years and the media just blew him up to epic proportions without epic stats behind it. And ever since 2018 he has been surrounded by crazy talent (Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Zeke regularly accounted for 450+ yards receiving, Witten for a time, Lamb now) and yet he just can't bring this Dallas team to beat any team with a decent roster.

The fact that he is the third highest paid QB based on average salary/year is obviously about the money he brings in for Jerry and not his on field ability. He is top 15 on the field, but should be in the 8-12 range IMO.

If Cousins came into Dallas and played the way he played this year he would be just as big of a star.

I also think that 2016 team lead by Romo would have had a deep playoff run
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:45 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:59 pm The fact that he is the third highest paid QB based on average salary/year is obviously about the money he brings in for Jerry and not his on field ability. He is top 15 on the field, but should be in the 8-12 range IMO.

If Cousins came into Dallas and played the way he played this year he would be just as big of a star.
Dak's annual salary is mostly a function of being the most recent good QB who needed a new contract. There will be bigger contracts coming soon. Same thing happened to Cousins. When he got a monster deal, it wasn't because he was the best QB in the league, it was because he was the best AVAILABLE QB in the league in that offseason.

And I agree that if Cousins were in Dallas and playing the same, he'd be as big of a star at Dak.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.