GOAT

Re: 2022 QB Carousel

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:24 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:34 am Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles

You don't have to be elite to win a Super Bowl. You just have to have the right team at the right time. Heck, even Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl.
It can happen, but 4 times in 20 years isn't a great story to strategize with
Eli Manning beyond a few good playoff stretches was a very average NFL QB for most of his career. He never had a QB Rating over 94, and his career rating was 84.1. Well, well below what Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts etc. get lambasted for. He also averaged over 1 INT per game over his long career, and his TD rate was not much higher. You need to add him to this list IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:24 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:34 am Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles

You don't have to be elite to win a Super Bowl. You just have to have the right team at the right time. Heck, even Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl.
Eli Manning beyond a few good playoff stretches was a very average NFL QB for most of his career. He never had a QB Rating over 94, and his career rating was 84.1. Well, well below what Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts etc. get lambasted for. He also averaged over 1 INT per game over his long career, and his TD rate was not much higher. You need to add him to this list IMO.
X2 funny enough he might make rhe HOF actually.... but it'll be purely off the two superbowl rings

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:40 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm We aren't, he just disappers in pressure situations and makes one or two decisions a game that boggle my mind. I am not pinning the Jags loss on him, it was a team effort. I just don't feel like he is a difference maker and I worry Frank is too close to him to be objective. If anything I pin the loss on our O-Line not showing up
Good thing it's not Frank's decision to make. If you missed it...

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1481676832428732425
Ballard on Carson Wentz: "At the time (of the trade), we felt it was the right decision. I’m not going to make a comment on who is going to be here next year and who isn't ... I thought Carson did some good things, and I thought there are some things he needs to do a lot better."
That is, uhhhh... not a ringing endorsement. :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:36 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 am

X2 funny enough he might make rhe HOF actually.... but it'll be purely off the two superbowl rings
Bottom line is Manning played really well when it mattered most under pressure. Wentz well, he does Wentz things. Hurt is just getting started too soon to tell but he his deep ball accuracy IMO will be his undoing.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:25 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:36 pm

Bottom line is Manning played really well when it mattered most under pressure. Wentz well, he does Wentz things. Hurt is just getting started too soon to tell but he his deep ball accuracy IMO will be his undoing.
Well, Eli played clutch football when needed in at least two playoff runs. He cost them plenty of others.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:13 pm

If you don't have a QB you have nothing

If you want mediocre at QB keep your first round pick and sign a couple of wash outs/roll with the best one

If you don't and want excellence do everything possible to get in position to draft a good QB prospect and hope for the best--or hoard your picks until a star QB somehow becomes available

Trading your picks for trash in the hopes he can reach his ceiling of mediocrity should never be the go-to

The Colts resigned themselves to fringe first round exit for the next few years

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:15 pm

The bottom line is Eli should be included in that list of non elite QB's that won a SB.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:15 pm
The bottom line is Eli should be included in that list of non elite QB's that won a SB.
Don’t disrespect my king like that. Put some respect on his name. You can’t spell “Elite” without “Eli”.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am

How many Super Bowls? How many SB MVP's ? How many Pro Bowls?

I get labeling him anything you like but without question he will be inducted into the HOF one of these days.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm
Don’t disrespect my king like that. Put some respect on his name. You can’t spell “Elite” without “Eli”.
:biggrin:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:28 am

Ben and Eli will both make it in. I still don't think Rivers has a shot but maybe he gets lucky

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:28 am Ben and Eli will both make it in. I still don't think Rivers has a shot but maybe he gets lucky
More yards than Marino and 8X pro bowls only one less than Marino, Rivers will get in given he is 6th all time in passing yards, maybe not 1st ballot but he should get in given his body of work. Both Marino and Rivers played 17 years. Interesting; Rivers is also 6th in passing TD's, one more than Marino who ranks 7th in both categories.

No he isn't Marino but by Marino's standard Rivers is clearly deserving of early consideration.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am

I get labeling him anything you like but without question he will be inducted into the HOF one of these days.
Pro Bowls? Who cares about Pro Bowls? Fan voting, it's a useless thing to go by. SB's I get, but over his career Eli was anything but elite. There's no real argument to say he was. He was strapped to an elite D and played well for a few stretches, when it counted, I'll give him that. I guess we should not include "elite" Joe Flacco on the list on non elite QB's too, since he played really well for a few games. :lol:

IMO, Eli does not belong in the HOF.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 am
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am

Pro Bowls? Who cares about Pro Bowls? Fan voting, it's a useless thing to go by. SB's I get, but over his career Eli was anything but elite. There's no real argument to say he was. He was strapped to an elite D and played well for a few stretches, when it counted, I'll give him that. I guess we should not include "elite" Joe Flacco on the list on non elite QB's too, since he played really well for a few games. :lol:

IMO, Eli does not belong in the HOF.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion but regardless he is getting in the HOF.

2 SB titles
2 SB MVP's
9th ALL TIME passing yards
9th ALL TIME completions
10th ALL TIME passing TD's.

Plenty were better no doubt but he is getting in the HOF easily.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:41 pm

Brady retires.

Wonder what the odds are of Rodgers going to Tampa are, though GB wouldn't want him to stay in the NFC