"The Kenny G Story" - Kenny Golladay Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: How much extra to sign in a bad situation ... or “The Kenny G story”

Postby _yeti » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:57 am

Lol @ "The Kenny G Story." I forgot this was a nickname for someone other than Kenneth Griffin. Rough nickname to have in 2020-2022 (check twitter mentions for it haha ((GME/AMC/Citadel))
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:23 am

WR's take the money. They have big egos and want big money.

Robinson was the 2nd highest paid WR this year. Money well spent......NOT.
Kenny G is a BUST.

Rumor has it A. Brown will sign an incentive laden contract.....Well SORT OF...
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:25 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:23 am WR's take the money. They have big egos and want big money.

Kenny G is a BUST.

Can you fault them? Rookie contracts don't pay that much and for a Lotta them if you're not a bona fide stud you really only get one big contract before your back to being a depth guy. I'm not gonna knock people for cashing in on the likely one big time pay day of they're life

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:25 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:23 am WR's take the money. They have big egos and want big money.

Kenny G is a BUST.

Can you fault them? Rookie contracts don't pay that much and for a Lotta them if you're not a bona fide stud you really only get one big contract before your back to being a depth guy. I'm not gonna knock people for cashing in on the likely one big time pay day of they're life
Can’t fault them a bit; They should get the bag if possible IMO!

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: "The Kenny G Story" - Kenny Golladay Thread

Postby mild » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm

"The receivers deserve their share of the blame, too. Every pass to Kenny Golladay is tightly contested because he’s incapable of creating separation. Cornerbacks show no respect for Golladay’s deep speed, so they’re squatting on his curl and comeback routes."

80 million dollars.

Thanks DAVE, you fk-n moron.

Time to pour one out for this once-great receiver, my dudes.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm "The receivers deserve their share of the blame, too. Every pass to Kenny Golladay is tightly contested because he’s incapable of creating separation. Cornerbacks show no respect for Golladay’s deep speed, so they’re squatting on his curl and comeback routes."

80 million dollars.

Sounds like Dez. Except Kenny G was less talented. Just losing that 1 thing, that enabled you to work other things, and now he's toast.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 pm
mild wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm "The receivers deserve their share of the blame, too. Every pass to Kenny Golladay is tightly contested because he’s incapable of creating separation. Cornerbacks show no respect for Golladay’s deep speed, so they’re squatting on his curl and comeback routes."

80 million dollars.

Sounds like Dez. Except Kenny G was less talented. Just losing that 1 thing, that enabled you to work other things, and now he's toast.
That one thing being the Lions? :lol:

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am

He was a long strider with a good second gear in Detroit. Money can be de-motivating.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:22 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am He was a long strider with a good second gear in Detroit. Money can be de-motivating.
So can having Daniel Jones as your QB. These articles coming out about NYG camp read like a Benny Hill & Three Stooges cross-over event, with him being the primary antagonist. Even the apologist Giants fans I know finally stopped blaming everything on the o-line and Gettleman by the end of last season and said it's time to dump "Danny Dimes". They are 22-59 over the past 5 seasons; tied with the Jets for the worst record of any franchise over that time.

I'm not saying Golliday was a good signing for them, or that he's capable of the level of play he was a few years ago. But I whole-heartedly agree that a combination of collecting his bag and being on the sneaky worst team in the NFL (which is also sounding pretty dysfunctional as of late) can be terribly de-motivating. Especially in training camp in your 7th year.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 am

Blows my mind that NYG is still rolling with Daniel Jones

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 am Blows my mind that NYG is still rolling with Daniel Jones
Blows my mind that the person I traded him to 2 years ago is still rolling with him as well

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:10 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 am Blows my mind that NYG is still rolling with Daniel Jones
Blows my mind that the person I traded him to 2 years ago is still rolling with him as well
Giants fan here. I actually don't mind it. If you take the wider view...

- No QB's of note in this draft worth taking at the top
- Declaring "make or break year" even prior to the draft allowed them to take quality OL and DL players with two top-10 1sts guilt-free / with zero media attention. It also doesn't start the clock on Schoen as a decision maker yet, because he "inherited this asset and is evaluating it". Sharp poker player, I would bet.
- This is an evaluation year anyway, as the roster/contract sitch is in absolutely dire shape
- To expand on that - they're as capped as any other team in 2022, with not a lot of high-priced long termers to show for it. (Thanks Dave!) Next year they are tabbed for over $50 million in cap space - and that's before we cut $21 million of Golladay's @ss. Hey, it's a start.

Perhaps most importantly, and specific to Danny Dimes:
- We've never seen him in a real NFL Offensive Scheme before. Saying "we might as well see if he can handle the modern NFL" and attempt to run Daboll's scheme is a no-cost move with upside each way. If he CAN run it, then hooray, perhaps scheme was holding him back all along. And if he CAN'T run it...

- This was a stealth tank job all along.

I look forward to meeting the new future of the Giants at QB in next year's draft, and I'm glad it wasn't Kenny Pickett.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:15 pm

mild wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:10 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 pm
Giants fan here. I actually don't mind it. If you take the wider view...

- No QB's of note in this draft worth taking at the top
- Declaring "make or break year" even prior to the draft allowed them to take quality OL and DL players with two top-10 1sts guilt-free / with zero media attention. It also doesn't start the clock on Schoen as a decision maker yet, because he "inherited this asset and is evaluating it". Sharp poker player, I would bet.
- This is an evaluation year anyway, as the roster/contract sitch is in absolutely dire shape
- To expand on that - they're as capped as any other team in 2022, with not a lot of high-priced long termers to show for it. (Thanks Dave!) Next year they are tabbed for over $50 million in cap space - and that's before we cut $21 million of Golladay's @ss. Hey, it's a start.

Perhaps most importantly, and specific to Danny Dimes:
- We've never seen him in a real NFL Offensive Scheme before. Saying "we might as well see if he can handle the modern NFL" and attempt to run Daboll's scheme is a no-cost move with upside each way. If he CAN run it, then hooray, perhaps scheme was holding him back all along. And if he CAN'T run it...

- This was a stealth tank job all along.

I look forward to meeting the new future of the Giants at QB in next year's draft, and I'm glad it wasn't Kenny Pickett.
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Not like there were studs they could replace him with. I think you're right. Give it another year.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:21 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:15 pm Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Not like there were studs they could replace him with. I think you're right. Give it another year.
Pretty much, man. Unfortunately for Big Blue... Dave Gettleman was -extremely- thorough in destroying this roster over a 5 year period. Just thinking about trying to list all of his transgressions of perpetual mediocrity makes me want to jump off a tall building. Saquon #2 overall. Danny Dimes 7th overall despite holding the #16 and nobody else being interested. And of course: running up the tab on his way out the door with Golladay, Bradberry, etc.

I believe they were the most capped-out team picking in the top 10 this Draft. Impressive.

It's going to take more than a single season to un-f_ck themselves from the Dave Gettleman era, unfortunately.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 am

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The rest of the NFC East teams thought Gettleman was a savant and probably the best GM on planet Earth.