Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:17 pm

Who do you think will emerge as the better Patriots QB statistically by the time this is all said and done?

Tom Brady’s 1st season as starter
86.5 QBR
264/413 - 64%
2843 passing yards
18 TDs
12 INTs
11-3 record in 14 starts

Mac Jones 1st season as starter (rookie season)
QBR 92.5
332/491 - 68%
3540 passing yards
21 TDs
12 INTs
10-6 record in 16 starts
Last edited by The MAC Machine on Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:19 pm

Miles Sanders.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:28 pm

For the regular season, I’d give the edge to Mac. I’ve watched nearly every pats game this year. His final stats should’ve been a lot better. He’s had many beautiful deep balls that were dimes that his receivers dropped. The dude needs more weapons.

Im ignoring the postseason for now - what brady did in the superbowl against the greatest show on turf was special. We can revisit that though if the Pats win the Super Bowl this season.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:46 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:17 pm Who do you think will emerge as the better Patriots QB statistically by the time this is all said and done?

Tom Brady’s 1st season as starter
86.5 QBR
264/413 - 64%
2843 passing yards
18 TDs
12 INTs
11-3 record in 14 starts

Mac Jones 1st season as starter (rookie season)
QBR 92.5
332/491 - 68%
3540 passing yards
21 TDs
12 INTs
10-6 record in 16 starts
Different eras. Different offensive approaches. Not even remotely comparable.

But so long as you're asking for the "when all is said and done" part of things, I think we can safely write off Mac Jones getting 6 Superbowls over two decades of play on two seperate teams.

I dunno, just sounds a bit unlikely, innit. (With all due respect to your avatar and bias, of course.)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Can't compare. Qbs now, along with the guy they are throwing to, can't get looked at funny or its a penalty.

If I have to. Give me the guy with 6 super bowls.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:08 pm

A bunch of y’all are copping out from taking a hardline stance.

Compare your outlook on Mac Jones now to your outlook on Tom Brady during his first year starting.

Adjust your opinions based on how you’d weigh contextual differences such as team talent, production curves, etc….and take a stance. I know what my avatar looks like but It’s an open ended question. 😂
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:13 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:08 pm A bunch of y’all are copping out from taking a hardline stance.

Compare your outlook on Mac Jones now to your outlook on Tom Brady during his first year starting.

Adjust your opinions based on how you’d weigh contextual differences such as team talent, production curves, etc….and take a stance. I know what my avatar looks like but It’s an open ended question. 😂
.... orrrrrr just ignore this thread, and get back to talking Dynasty fantasy, and accept that when Players on the field for other teams that are currently playing the game say "I'm not celebrating that sack, that's GOAT over there" that maybe they know what they're talking about.

The only real conversation we should be having about Tom Brady right now is whether he gets to be called the GOAT when we already have Jerry Rice. But that's far too interesting a conversation for this thread.

Mac Jones is good. Maybe lets not anoint him the second coming of the greatest QB to ever do it jusssssst yet. You -might- get disappointed and have to change your avatar again! Oh no!!

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:13 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:08 pm A bunch of y’all are copping out from taking a hardline stance.

.... orrrrrr just ignore this thread, and get back to talking Dynasty fantasy, and accept that when Players on the field for other teams that are currently playing the game say "I'm not celebrating that sack, that's GOAT over there" that maybe they know what they're talking about.

The only real conversation we should be having about Tom Brady right now is whether he gets to be called the GOAT when we already have Jerry Rice. But that's far too interesting a conversation for this thread.

Mac Jones is good. Maybe lets not anoint him the second coming of the greatest QB to ever do it jusssssst yet. You -might- get disappointed and have to change your avatar again! Oh no!!
Are you saying that because you had no thoughts about Tom Brady coming out? Because if so, that’s OK too. I think it’s reasonable to have a conversation that reflects on and compares our expectations for players that hit the field for the first time, even if that means highlighting that maybe we were wrong at some point about a players trajectory. But heaven forbid we entertain THAT - let’s instead give our opinion on the question because we have nothing else to say about the actual question :lol:

I wasn’t anointing anyone.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:19 pm

Really

Tom Brady is the best QB All Time and that statement is barely debatable.

Mac Jones has had a good rookie season. I was very high on him entering the league but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

When and if Mac spends half of his life in the league then we can revisit.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Tom Brady is and will be the greatest Patriot QB ever. And oh yeah, as much as it pains me to say it, he's one of greatest QBs in the history of the NFL too (maybe the greatest.)

So no, I have no intentions of entertaining an argument about whether mac jones will be better than Brady. Check back once he wins his first superbowl and maybe we can start a conversation. Until then, be happy with what Mac is, a solid rookie who performed above expectations in a strong system for future success.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:11 pm

Mac Jones is clearly better than Brady. Not even close.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:02 pm

The best statistics you can give a QB is wins, Division titles and playoff wins.

Brady won the division his first year with a record of 11-3 in the regular season and won the Super Bowl that year.

I hate to say it, but Brady, and it's not remotely close.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 am

Your initial question asked who will emerge as the Patriots QB statistically when it's all said and done. With the 17 game season, expanded playoffs, and the way the game is played today Mac Jones certainly has a shot to have better statistics, it's not impossible. What is highly improbable is for Mac Jones to ever be in the same class of QB as Tom Brady when it's all said and done. Brady is legendary and arguably the GOAT of all sports GOATs. It's unlikely that Jones is ever in the conversation of all-time greats.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:50 am

How dare you throw dirt on the name of the GOAT. Repent
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 am Brady is legendary and arguably the GOAT of all sports GOATs.
Fixed it
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant