Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 am

mild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 am
mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm I'm just glad we can finally bury this "Tom Brady 2.0" nonsense once and for all, and all the Pats fans can stop huffing their own farts convincing themselves it was going to be 2002 all over again.

Patriots fans have needed a wake up call for a while. Last night is what reality is going to look like for the rest of the Josh Allen era; and they made a point of telling you that.

It was a beautiful, beautiful game - and I enjoyed every second of it. Namaste!
I hope you read my post. My post is how most pats fans feel about Mac, we dont feel this Tom Brady 2.0 nonsense. Thats a narrative the national media pushed. It is not a narrative the Boston Media or Pats fans pushed...

Im also unsure where you got this " Pats fans thought it was going to be 2001 all over again" if you listened to any Pats fans we very clearly did not think that way with the way the Pats finished the regular season... I dont judge all Bills fans because one guy threw a sex toy at Kendrick Bourne which is totally demeaning to that player.
Firstly: the Dildo is hilarious. I'm not a Bills fan. That's just Bills mafia having a good time, it's not directed at any player specifically. If a Dildo offends you in 2021, then... :thumbup:

Secondly: may I direct you to possibly the most nationally visible and vocally smug Patriots fan in America, owner and host of one of the most popular Sports Podcasts in all of the world for the last 15 years, and a Patriots lifer: Mr. William "Bill" Simmons Jr.

This is him here, picking the Pats because "in the cold weather, you know who really wants to be out there" and "Bill Belichick has owned this team his whole life". This man did not blink. Believe me when I say: he has been invoking 2002 for many months now.

If you have a problem with someone repeatedly invoking the Brady rookie season, then I suggest you and your Boston friends have a confab, get together, and take down that blowhard when he's not looking. You'll have to travel to LA to do it, but hey: it might even be worth it.

You might also reign in your boi "the MAC Machine" and lecture him on the dangers of creating a thread entitled "Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady" in a public forum in week 16 of the regular season before Mac had ever played a playoff game. :lol:

You seem sound of mind, so I'm sure you're taking this in stride. If you were more measured about this team's actual ceiling, then more kudos to you. When I say "the Patriots have deserved this for a long time" you know exactly what I mean. Brady beat the league like a drum for 20 years. Those days? They're over.

You can understand how fans of other teams might be quite enjoying this moment, surely.
1. The dildo is funny and im not offended

2. I dont know much about Bill Simmons, but i do know he is a clown. He is also again just ONE person, idc that his podcast is extremely popular, you are taking what ONE person is saying and laying it onto an entire region, thats not fair. You obviously dont listen to Boston sports media much, they are literally the most negative media in the entire country. No one had them making the super bowl, no one was talking about 2001, no one was talking about Mac being Tom Brady, id say if anything the media up here is too obsessed with Brady still. The media and many Fans wanted Brady here still so they put Mac under an unfair microscope and were looking to pick him apart.

3. If you read my earlier post at the top of this page i did call out " The Mac Machine" the premise of this thread is idiotic.

4. I can certainly understand why other fans are enjoying it but again the pats have lost 11 times in the postseason, one time as an undefeated team in the super bowl, so this isnt new, this isnt a heartbreaking loss. Its amazing we even made the playoffs with this team. We arent all Bill Clown Simmons. I dont understand the need to crap all over a poor rookie like Mac Jones when none of these other rookies are getting crapped on. He played well for a rookie, not everyone is going to look like Justin Herbert as a rookie

In the end i suggest you dont sterotype all Pats fans like Bill Simmons, we have annoying fans like all teams. Its like saying all Philly fans are trash, when that is not true. All Pats fans are not arrogant blowhards, many are negative even after all the success, many are positive and happy to have made the playoffs with a rookie QB. Please dont think we are all the Mac Machine

Ps: Id say what Mac Jones did this season, stepping in as the Greatest QB of all Times (possibly greatest football player and possibly greatest athlete of all time) replacement put more pressure on him than any rookies and more pressure on him than many QBs in the league. And he still went out there and played well enough to get the team to the playoffs.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am

It was a Billdo. Get it? :dance:

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am It was a Billdo. Get it? :dance:
Maybe the bills fan "misunderstood the rules?" :wave:
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Interesting time for this feed to come back up. Brady was a monster again this year but is done. This is the value of youth in dynasty outside of legit contenders holding old players.