Early 2022 RB Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Early 2022 RB Rankings

Postby Yarnith » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 am

CEH is going to carry built in hate because of the CEH > JT debates. His health issues over the first 2 years bother me more than his performance. 23 of 33 potential games does not a star make. We all hoped for Hunt level performance but I dont think KC is built that way anymore even if they still had Hunt. He's a solid RB2 I think with a chance for upside but its dwindling fast.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Are we really putting CEH (and Jacobs/Monty) with guys that are coming off of catastrophic injuries? (ETN, Carson, Akers, Jrob) I know he hasn't been great but C'mon...
So far CEH looks like a guy who happens to play with Mahomes and happens to be coached by Andy Reid. That's not a good thing for his long-term outlook because he is too situation dependent. My guess is if he ever leaves KC, his value tanks. He hasn't really excelled at anything (which isn't completely his fault):

He rarely has big rushing games: 4 games of 100+ rushing yards. 3 games of 20+ carries

He rarely has big receiving games: 3 games of 5+ receptions. 2 games of 50+ receiving yards.

He looks like a replaceable RB in a great situation, that hasn't been as great the past two seasons.
This. He looks all situation and limited talent to me. I think we all bought into the ‘Every back Andy Reid has drafted has been a RB1 narrative’, and now we need to admit we were wrong. He’s a replaceable (on KC) low-end RB2, and I highly doubt that he signs for big money anywhere after his first contract. Year 3 could significantly change things, but I would be selling if I had him.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:41 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:28 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Are we really putting CEH (and Jacobs/Monty) with guys that are coming off of catastrophic injuries? (ETN, Carson, Akers, Jrob) I know he hasn't been great but C'mon...
So far CEH looks like a guy who happens to play with Mahomes and happens to be coached by Andy Reid. That's not a good thing for his long-term outlook because he is too situation dependent. My guess is if he ever leaves KC, his value tanks. He hasn't really excelled at anything (which isn't completely his fault):

He rarely has big rushing games: 4 games of 100+ rushing yards. 3 games of 20+ carries

He rarely has big receiving games: 3 games of 5+ receptions. 2 games of 50+ receiving yards.

He looks like a replaceable RB in a great situation, that hasn't been as great the past two seasons.
This. He looks all situation and limited talent to me. I think we all bought into the ‘Every back Andy Reid has drafted has been a RB1 narrative’, and now we need to admit we were wrong. He’s a replaceable (on KC) low-end RB2, and I highly doubt that he signs for big money anywhere after his first contract. Year 3 could significantly change things, but I would be selling if I had him.
He'll be in the league for years, with first round pedigree. He's a hold, if you have him because nobody will pay that much IMO. He might actually do better in another system, that is willing to throw him the ball. I think CEH is well above replacement level. The Chiefs don't utilize their RB's much in the passing game, and CEH could really be an asset there, on another team. The big issue was people thought they'd use him as a pass catcher way more than they are actually using him. They expected Reid to change, and he hasn't. He's an RB2, and that's what should be expected of him at this point. I think he'd be an RB2 wherever he goes, unless he went to a team that really threw the ball his way more, then he could scratch RB1 territory. He's a safe player to me. He's got all the skills required to hang around the league and be productive for years, he's just not going to be that high end producer he was advertised as when he was drafted.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:11 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 am
honcho55 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:17 am
If you haven’t done it with KC by now, are ya gonna do it? I don’t hate him, he’s just consistently too much in all my leagues/formats.
I don’t think this is a fair take for one rookie season followed by one of KC’s worst performances, and O-lines, in recent years…
I don’t think it’s unfair at all. How many RBs historically have his kind of production over the first two years, and merit a fantasy RB1 valuation going into the third year?

There’s a glaringly obvious chance he proves me wrong, I just like the guys ahead of him on my list more for this reason.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:18 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:11 pm
realmacaroni wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 am
honcho55 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:17 am
If you haven’t done it with KC by now, are ya gonna do it? I don’t hate him, he’s just consistently too much in all my leagues/formats.
I don’t think this is a fair take for one rookie season followed by one of KC’s worst performances, and O-lines, in recent years…
I don’t think it’s unfair at all. How many RBs historically have his kind of production over the first two years, and merit a fantasy RB1 valuation going into the third year?

There’s a glaringly obvious chance he proves me wrong, I just like the guys ahead of him on my list more for this reason.
Agreed, people are again making excuses for him.

Darrell Williams and Derrick Gore did just fine behind "one of KC's worst performances, and O-lines, in recent years" ;)

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:58 pm

Shcritters wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm
I am. I want nothing to do with him. He’s shown no burst, no ability to break tackles, only gets what’s blocked, isn’t even an average pass blocker, and other RB’s in KC have done more with the same touches. He’s an absolute sell for me, and an absolute waste of a draft pick for KC.

Imagine JT in KC… who they passed on to take CEH. Mahomes is a heck of a QB… but talent evaluator? Not so much.
JT in KC would probably not be as good as he is in Indy. Indy runs way more often and has better run blocking.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1