Davis Mills thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Davis Mills thread

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm selling for an early 2nd if I can get it. I don't think he's long for the league, regardless of him being alright so far. He may have a few 300 yard games but his average PPG is 11. He has had a decent 3 game stretch (around 17 ppg), but I wouldn't consider any of SEA, JAX, LAC good defenses either.

Maybe he continues to progress but this just screams sell while you can to me. HOU will be most likely dealing Watson and there's a decent chance a QB comes back in that deal that would be better than Mills. And if they don't get a QB, I would think they're getting a few 1sts that put them into a good position to draft one. I know it's not a great QB class, but HOU front office might not realize that lol if he somehow does maintain the starting QB job for 22, then what? You have another year to sell for a late 1st probably until they try to get another QB

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:40 pm I'm selling for an early 2nd if I can get it. I don't think he's long for the league, regardless of him being alright so far. He may have a few 300 yard games but his average PPG is 11. He has had a decent 3 game stretch (around 17 ppg), but I wouldn't consider any of SEA, JAX, LAC good defenses either.

Maybe he continues to progress but this just screams sell while you can to me. HOU will be most likely dealing Watson and there's a decent chance a QB comes back in that deal that would be better than Mills. And if they don't get a QB, I would think they're getting a few 1sts that put them into a good position to draft one. I know it's not a great QB class, but HOU front office might not realize that lol if he somehow does maintain the starting QB job for 22, then what? You have another year to sell for a late 1st probably until they try to get another QB
I am not sure many realize just how lousy the Texans overall talent is this year. He has played really well with what he has had to work with overall. The Texans have a -153 point differential this year.

He may be their best player. His rating in 6 of his 11 starts have been above 92. They could go QB in the draft but this isn't a great class. They have a ton of issues far more pressing IMO.

Not sure I would sell for an early 2nd in this draft personally in a SF but they are a bad team so it will take a while for him to more than a legit depth piece.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:43 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:40 pm I'm selling for an early 2nd if I can get it. I don't think he's long for the league, regardless of him being alright so far. He may have a few 300 yard games but his average PPG is 11. He has had a decent 3 game stretch (around 17 ppg), but I wouldn't consider any of SEA, JAX, LAC good defenses either.

I am not sure many realize just how lousy the Texans overall talent is this year. He has played really well with what he has had to work with overall. The Texans have a -153 point differential this year.

He may be their best player. His rating in 6 of his 11 starts have been above 92. They could go QB in the draft but this isn't a great class. They have a ton of issues far more pressing IMO.

Not sure I would sell for an early 2nd in this draft personally in a SF but they are a bad team so it will take a while for him to more than a legit depth piece.
I think Mills has been very effective considering the situation. The contrast between his performances and Lawrence is stark.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

El Guapo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby El Guapo » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:13 am

I think the Texans should and will give Mills the first shot at starting again next season. Bring back Tyrod or another veteran qb to sit behind him if it goes south. Mills really has been the 2nd best rookie qb in 2021 behind only Mac Jones, and came in with very little college game experience. I drafted him with the 2.10 pick in a 2qb dynasty, 10 team league but traded him away in a package deal that got me Lamar Jackson and Tyler Huntley in return. Wishing I would've found another way to pull that trade off without including Mills now.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm

The last few days, there's been talk Flores will become the new coach, and that will lead to Watson staying.

Assuming Watson gets his issues resolved and it's known weeks in advance that he'll be available week 1, would teams try to acquire him? He was drafted at 3.3- what kind of returns would Houston be offered?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:44 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm The last few days, there's been talk Flores will become the new coach, and that will lead to Watson staying.

Assuming Watson gets his issues resolved and it's known weeks in advance that he'll be available week 1, would teams try to acquire him? He was drafted at 3.3- what kind of returns would Houston be offered?
I have been seeing the opposite. That Watson is done there regardless of the coach
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:50 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm The last few days, there's been talk Flores will become the new coach, and that will lead to Watson staying.

This makes little sense to me. He was frustrated with the Pats stuff. Easterby, BOB, and Caserio. So another Patriots guy is going to make him stay? The two have no history together. I don't buy this at all, it makes so little sense. Watson is done in Houston, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am

There's a rumor that Watson and Flores were discussing teams they could end up at together and one of them was the Giants.

Watson and Houston seems like an inevitable divorce. The issues don't seem to be 100% coaching related.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:43 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am There's a rumor that Watson and Flores were discussing teams they could end up at together and one of them was the Giants.
Then sign Will Fuller :dance:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:43 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am There's a rumor that Watson and Flores were discussing teams they could end up at together and one of them was the Giants.
They can't.

My friend made the Allen Robinson Giants joke to me tonight too. It's a great gag.

Unfortunately, we gave our last 72 million to Kenny Golladay, and now we're poor.

Alas.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 am

mild wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:43 am
They can't.

My friend made the Allen Robinson Giants joke to me tonight too. It's a great gag.

Unfortunately, we gave our last 72 million to Kenny Golladay, and now we're poor.

Alas.
What a great decision that worked out to be for the giants and a good chunk of my fantasy teams.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 am What a great decision that worked out to be for the giants and a good chunk of my fantasy teams.
Neither Kenny G nor their first round WR catching a touchdown this season was truly mind-blowing.

I did love Mara's season ending press conference, though:

"I kept thinking we hit rock bottom and then each week it got worse."

Same, John. Same. :lol:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:05 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 am What a great decision that worked out to be for the giants and a good chunk of my fantasy teams.
Neither Kenny G nor their first round WR catching a touchdown this season was truly mind-blowing.

I did love Mara's season ending press conference, though:

"I kept thinking we hit rock bottom and then each week it got worse."

Same, John. Same. :lol:
Tbf Toney was actually better than I expected--bad TD luck aside

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Watson and Houston seems like an inevitable divorce. The issues don't seem to be 100% coaching related.
Seems pretty outlandish. I don't think the two of them have that much power. What I am confused about, is the connection at all. Is there one? I mean, beyond Flores maybe wanting Miami to trade some of that capital they had for him. He's a Patriots guy, the very organization Watson was sick of having guys running things from. I feel like this is off season water cooler stuff at it's finest, and probably doesn't have a grain of truth to it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:12 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:28 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Which FA QB is going to the Texans? And they used their first pick in 2021 on him

This isn't like most mid round QBs picked to be backups. He was selected to be given a chance IMO
I'm just saying he needs to survive it through the spring. They are going to deal Watson and may get a QB back i the deal during that period. I understand it was their first pick, but if there is a guy in this class they love, or if there is a guy they like on a team they deal Watson to, it will crush his value. We just don't know what the Texans front office will do yet, and I don't think he should be valued as a first round pick until we know he's topping the depth chart when they put the pads on. Personally I wouldn't pay it even if that happens, but you can at least justify that type of price tag at that point.
I'm not necessarily paying a 1st for him either

But I'm not selling for a 2nd either

He gives me some Matt Schaub vibes (which isn't a bad thing for where they got him)
I'm way too lazy to look back but I'm 68% sure that I compared him to Schaub. I think it's a great comp.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1