The REAL Week 13 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: The REAL Week 13 Discussion

Postby mild » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:27 pm
jdacunha wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 pm Herbert is the best passing QB in the league. Yes better than Mahomes.
Nope
Yeahhhhhh nah I'm a +1 that Nope. This is knee-jerk BS. He's an elite passer from a physicality p.o.v, that much is true.

But until he wins against real-deal defenses, and shows he can win a big game, you can't anoint a CHARGERS QB over a literal MVP and Superbowl winning freak talent in Mahomes. And you especially can't do it just because he's having a nice game against -adjusts monocle- "the Bengals".

In case you needed reminding... because apparently you do... Herbert vs. "good" defenses this year: very poopy.

vs. DAL Wk2 - L 17-20
vs. BAL Wk6 - L 6-34
vs. NE Wk8 - L 24-27
vs. DEN Wk12 - L 13-28

These are literally the 4 most impressive defenses he's faced this year, and he lost to all of them. If you wanted to count the Watt-less and Minkah-Fitz-Less Steelers win that he almost blew multiple times... then yeah, sure...

Come back to us and state your case when he outright beats a good D OR wins an MVP OR wins a dang Superbowl in his 2nd season as a starter OR grows a sick moustache and mullet and wears a Top Gun flight jacket to a game and renames himself Gardner Minshew II because OTHERWISE we AREN'T INTERESTED. 8-)

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 pm

mild wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm
jdacunha wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 pm Herbert is the best passing QB in the league. Yes better than Mahomes.
Nope
Yeahhhhhh nah I'm a +1 that Nope. This is knee-jerk BS. He's an elite passer from a physicality p.o.v, that much is true.

But until he wins against real-deal defenses, and shows he can win a big game, you can't anoint a CHARGERS QB over a literal MVP and Superbowl winning freak talent in Mahomes. And you especially can't do it just because he's having a nice game against -adjusts monocle- "the Bengals".

In case you needed reminding... because apparently you do... Herbert vs. "good" defenses this year: very poopy.

vs. DAL Wk2 - L 17-20
vs. BAL Wk6 - L 6-34
vs. NE Wk8 - L 24-27
vs. DEN Wk12 - L 13-28

These are literally the 4 most impressive defenses he's faced this year, and he lost to all of them. If you wanted to count the Watt-less and Minkah-Fitz-Less Steelers win that he almost blew multiple times... then yeah, sure...

Come back to us and state your case when he outright beats a good D OR wins an MVP OR wins a dang Superbowl in his 2nd season as a starter OR grows a sick moustache and mullet and wears a Top Gun flight jacket to a game and renames himself Gardner Minshew II because OTHERWISE we AREN'T INTERESTED. 8-)

Put Tyrek and Kelce on the Chargers and he would be.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:22 pm

jdacunha wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 pm Put Tyrek and Kelce on the Chargers and he would be.
Got anything else for us? Anything remotely statistical, and not based in a fantasy reality where you require literal body-swapping for your statements to hold water?

Your best passing QB in the league is currently falling apart against the Bengals...

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:39 pm

Speaking of falling apart, Zach Wilson throws one of the worst throws I’ve seen this season (this includes his butt interception). Woof lol
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:43 pm

jdacunha wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 pm
mild wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm

Nope

vs. DAL Wk2 - L 17-20
vs. BAL Wk6 - L 6-34
vs. NE Wk8 - L 24-27
vs. DEN Wk12 - L 13-28

Put Tyrek and Kelce on the Chargers and he would be.
It's not like he's starved of weapons in LA though? Allen, Williams, and ekeler. Sure it's not those two but it's not like he's working with the raiders core.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Sanders finally has a good game with volume...loses his shoe on a goal line carry, gets injured in the 4th quarter.

Probably the most Miles Sanders thing ever.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:15 pm

I find football barely watchable anymore with defenders being asked to do the impossible, and refs making bad calls at the worst times in games....highly suspect in a lot of cases.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Jaylen Waddle is a great example of why full PPR isn't perhaps such a great scoring system.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm Jaylen Waddle is a great example of why full PPR isn't perhaps such a great scoring system.
Never thought the comp for him would be landry the 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:11 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:45 pm Jaylen Waddle is a great example of why full PPR isn't perhaps such a great scoring system.
Never thought the comp for him would be landry the 2nd
It's true.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:20 pm

This shouldn't be a hot take, but many will consider it that. Mahomes is an elite talent, but he isn't an elite QB right now. He's outside the top ten in QBR I believe (counting this game) and has a QB rating in the low 90's. He consistently makes poor decisions, game in, game out. He's an elite QB talent, who simply isn't playing up to that right now. Luckily, their D has stepped up lately. Chiefs have a good team that is able to pick up the slack for each other when one side of the ball isn't on.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:20 pm This shouldn't be a hot take, but many will consider it that. Mahomes is an elite talent, but he isn't an elite QB right now. He's outside the top ten in QBR I believe (counting this game) and has a QB rating in the low 90's. He consistently makes poor decisions, game in, game out. He's an elite QB talent, who simply isn't playing up to that right now. Luckily, their D has stepped up lately. Chiefs have a good team that is able to pick up the slack for each other when one side of the ball isn't on.
I liken him to Favre, many many TDs, but you gotta take the INTs that comes with the gunslinger vibes. But it feels like he is trying a little too hard to be what the media has billed him to be, and not a QB that just wants to win, he has to do it in a certain fashion it seems.

Plus any D can bail out a QB when playing the Teddy B spearheaded Broncos
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:07 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:20 pm This shouldn't be a hot take, but many will consider it that. Mahomes is an elite talent, but he isn't an elite QB right now. He's outside the top ten in QBR I believe (counting this game) and has a QB rating in the low 90's. He consistently makes poor decisions, game in, game out. He's an elite QB talent, who simply isn't playing up to that right now. Luckily, their D has stepped up lately. Chiefs have a good team that is able to pick up the slack for each other when one side of the ball isn't on.
I liken him to Favre, many many TDs, but you gotta take the INTs that comes with the gunslinger vibes. But it feels like he is trying a little too hard to be what the media has billed him to be, and not a QB that just wants to win, he has to do it in a certain fashion it seems.

I agree with the 2nd part somewhat, but the 1st part doesn't really make sense. Sure Mahomes is a gunslinger but he has a career 1.6% INT rate, whereas Farve was 3.3%, so double that of Mahomes. Even in his "worst" season, Mahomes is still under 3% so not even at Favres average.

I think the GM has failed this team, at least in terms of offensive weapons. They've had the opportunity to bring in easy, EASY first guesses of offensive talent like Allen Robinson, DK Metcalf, and Jonathan Taylor. Instead they opted for Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman and Clyde Edwards Mehlaire. I'm sure everything will end up fine in the long run, but in the short term teams have seemed to figure out how to corral this offense in its current state.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:07 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm

I agree with the 2nd part somewhat, but the 1st part doesn't really make sense. Sure Mahomes is a gunslinger but he has a career 1.6% INT rate, whereas Farve was 3.3%, so double that of Mahomes. Even in his "worst" season, Mahomes is still under 3% so not even at Favres average.

I think the GM has failed this team, at least in terms of offensive weapons. They've had the opportunity to bring in easy, EASY first guesses of offensive talent like Allen Robinson, DK Metcalf, and Jonathan Taylor. Instead they opted for Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman and Clyde Edwards Mehlaire. I'm sure everything will end up fine in the long run, but in the short term teams have seemed to figure out how to corral this offense in its current state.
He still has more to work with than a lot of QB's. Tyreek and Kelce are elite players at their position, and CEH isn't some scrub, albeit not the best back in that draft. Stick Mahomes in front of that Raiders OL with the WR's they currently have and no Waller, or in NE, or on a handful of other teams. As I said, he's an elite talent, but he also has what people consider a top 3 offensive mind in the game at HC/Offensive play designer and he's not playing elite football. He's a far better talent than Carr or Mac, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying he doesn't have it oh so bad. He's just struggling with the on field part of the game as D's have adapted to his style, IMO. He isn't willing to consistently play small ball that teams will give him, and until he has the patience to be willing to dink and dunk his way to a 12 play/80 yard drive if that's what they are willing to concede, he'll have this type of issue.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:29 pm

This is just a speculative thought, but watching Teddy Bridgewater play terribly tonight and remembering they just paid Sutton a boat load of cash, sort of seems like Teddy won't be back next year considering he doesn't target Sutton unless he's being double covered 50 yards down the field. It would be quite strange if they paid Sutton while also having in mind to bring back a QB that hates throwing to Sutton.