5 Years Later RB Review

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

5 Years Later RB Review

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:01 pm

In 2017 had 2nd overall pick in the draft & had our choice of any RB in the draft ( 1 QB LG & C. Davis WR went 1.01)

We took J. Mixon and have steadfastly stood by the pick that he was THEE best overall pkg . Looks like it might just play out that way but we know he has a lot of ground to catch up as for actual production compared to CMC or Dalvin or Kamara (who we got @ back end of the 1st that year )

We admit we are boneheaded & stubborn to a fault but just wondering how long you all stick by your talent assessments before bailing out ? (We still think Chad Kelly should get a shot in the LG ) :surprised:

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 5 Years Later RB Review

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Love it. I have been one of the staunchest Mixon supporters on this board ever since 17, and am happy to see everything coming together in a huge way for him (not that he hasn't been very productive in stretches, but this is obviously another level for him)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:26 pm

I've been holding Penny since he came out, year one was tough, year 2 was tough until he seemed to put it together for a 3 game stretch where he truly did look the part of a quality NFL running back, it's been impossible since just waiting for this guy to come back to hopefully that form, but never being healthy.

I'd move on if I could get anything of value for him but dude is radio active.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:56 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:26 pm I've been holding Penny since he came out, year one was tough, year 2 was tough until he seemed to put it together for a 3 game stretch where he truly did look the part of a quality NFL running back, it's been impossible since just waiting for this guy to come back to hopefully that form, but never being healthy.

I'd move on if I could get anything of value for him but dude is radio active.
(Penny was 2018)
Im in a similar boat, had LF as my top player due to his sheer freakish size/speed and draft capital. Which has been super hit or miss so far. Followed up with Mixon as my 2nd as the perceived 2nd best rusher and receiver jn thag class.

My late 1st go to was drum roll...... donta Foreman.... ooof

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:20 pm

I traded for Mixon this year, gave up Dobbins after the injury in a start 3 minimum RB league. Always thought Mixon had talent, but I felt this was THE year for him. Combination of coaching, Burrow's 2nd year, and the outside weapons drawing attention give Mixon a lot more room. I wouldn't say he was the most talented out of that class, but he's talented. I really hope you haven't jinxed him with this post. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:20 pm I traded for Mixon this year, gave up Dobbins after the injury in a start 3 minimum RB league. Always thought Mixon had talent, but I felt this was THE year for him. Combination of coaching, Burrow's 2nd year, and the outside weapons drawing attention give Mixon a lot more room. I wouldn't say he was the most talented out of that class, but he's talented. I really hope you haven't jinxed him with this post. :lol:
Been jinxing him for years … :doh:

Really feel he was massively misused in the past . Never had the weapons like this team but he was non-existent in the passing game which was/ is a crying shame. Has the ability to do everything like Dalvin but never had the offense geared to run around him in the same way. Sitting him to let Gio Bernard exclusively play in hurry up / catch up or 2 minute offense was just ridiculous as Mixon was as good if not better at it. Led AFC in rushing once but if he ever got used like Le’Veon or Najee he’d be top 5 back most years we always thought.

He can be GL & Short ydg , breakaway threat & above avg in receiving role and is tough as nails. CMC has him in a cpl facets but heavy usage has shown he can’t hold up. Fournette is showing out but a tick behind Mixon in everything but maybe the power . Dalvin is closest in all around style but not as much power or the receiver that Joe can be. Kamara is after CMC the best receiver and elusiveness while being strong enough for tough short yardage not on Mixon’s level

Taylor of all backs can hit the home run that Joe isn’t in the same class as him but don’t feel he has the all around game that Joe has. It’s a toss up between those two for me over this & the next cpl years. Both have solid qb & very good supporting cast. Bengals better skill players , Colts better line play. King Henry if healthy gets the volume to put himself maybe at the top & Najee needs more help to stay up there w/ the top guys

Most frustrating guy of young guns for me is D. Swift who seems destined to be always dinged up but think he can join the conversation once Goff gets replaced. Will have to do a 5 year revisit on that class too