General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 13 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 am

actionjackson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:08 am
abloom wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 am
actionjackson wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:46 pm I bailed on DK about 10 minutes before kickoff...not looking back. Seattle appears to have tire fire written all over it for the foreseeable future.
DK and Russ should both be benched until Russ shows a good game. He still looks like he is dealing with an injury and as temperatures drop outside it's only going to be harder.

Of course the one league I have Russ in is a SF where my other QBs are Murray, tyrod, and Watson, so I don't have a lot of choice. But in that same league I have a lot of options at wr so DK isn't going anywhere near my starting lineup anytime soon. Im just hoping they can put a couple games together so I can try to move DK in off season.
I got an offer of 2 - 2022 1sts (one mid, one late) and 1 - 2024 2nd. Might not be full-value, but close enough for me. I smashed accept. If Russ leaves or doesn't return to form, it could be tough sledding all around for the Seahawks.
I wouldn't move a player of that caliber based on hypotheticals for that, myself.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 am

DK and Russ should both be benched until Russ shows a good game. He still looks like he is dealing with an injury and as temperatures drop outside it's only going to be harder.

Of course the one league I have Russ in is a SF where my other QBs are Murray, tyrod, and Watson, so I don't have a lot of choice. But in that same league I have a lot of options at wr so DK isn't going anywhere near my starting lineup anytime soon. Im just hoping they can put a couple games together so I can try to move DK in off season.
I got an offer of 2 - 2022 1sts (one mid, one late) and 1 - 2024 2nd. Might not be full-value, but close enough for me. I smashed accept. If Russ leaves or doesn't return to form, it could be tough sledding all around for the Seahawks.
I wouldn't move a player of that caliber based on hypotheticals for that, myself.
Shhhh! Quiet down for those of us that are trying to buy low! For all we know Burks could be the next DK! :think:

actionjackson
Rookie
Rookie

Postby actionjackson » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:41 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 am

Shhhh! Quiet down for those of us that are trying to buy low! For all we know Burks could be the next DK! :think:
There is risk in both keeping and dealing the player, people like to see it from whatever side of the deal they are on. None of us can account for if Russ stays, if Russ regresses, If there is a coaching change where the offensive scheme makes DK less effective...If your preference is to hold the player, that's great. I turned those picks and another into Jonathan Taylor...who I would rather have on my roster any day.

actionjackson
Rookie
Rookie

Postby actionjackson » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:06 pm

^^^I get my balls busted constantly for cashing in on players and taking 1sts instead of players. I cashed in on Joe Burrow even though my QB situation is brutal. I guess I am hoping to build the ship as I am sailing it!

I am turning the corner on a full rebuild (currently 11th in my league of 12) and now have the following players of significance:

QB:
Justin Fields
Trey Lance

RB:
Jonathan Tayor
J.K. Dobbins
C.E.H.

WR:
Jamarr Chase
Tee Higgins
Brandon Aiyuk
Chris Godwin

TE:
TJ Hockenson
Cole Kmet

IDP:
Micah Parsons
Devin White
Kevin Byard
Josh Allen

2022 - 4 1sts
2023 - 3 1sts
2024 - 2 1sts

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:39 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:47 am
abloom wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 am Im just hoping they can put a couple games together so I can try to move DK in off season.
I don't see this as a DK problem. Pete needs to go and Russ needs to heal
Bingo

Hawks need to move out of the stone age, or rebuild to team to fit their archaic philosophy. As a fan I'd rather see them adapt than try to miserably recapture 2013. I've done a lot of harping on GB for only winning 2/3 super bowls with 3+ decades of top 10 all time QB play, hawks are starting to get into that territory by wasting Russ
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/146 ... 95333?s=20 ... this should get them out of their archaic philosophy :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:46 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:39 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:47 am

I don't see this as a DK problem. Pete needs to go and Russ needs to heal
Bingo

Hawks need to move out of the stone age, or rebuild to team to fit their archaic philosophy. As a fan I'd rather see them adapt than try to miserably recapture 2013. I've done a lot of harping on GB for only winning 2/3 super bowls with 3+ decades of top 10 all time QB play, hawks are starting to get into that territory by wasting Russ
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/146 ... 95333?s=20 ... this should get them out of their archaic philosophy :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
It only makes sense at this point...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:10 pm

actionjackson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:06 pm ^^^I get my balls busted constantly for cashing in on players and taking 1sts instead of players. I cashed in on Joe Burrow even though my QB situation is brutal. I guess I am hoping to build the ship as I am sailing it!

I am turning the corner on a full rebuild (currently 11th in my league of 12) and now have the following players of significance:

QB:
Justin Fields
Trey Lance

RB:
Jonathan Tayor
J.K. Dobbins
C.E.H.

WR:
Jamarr Chase
Tee Higgins
Brandon Aiyuk
Chris Godwin

TE:
TJ Hockenson
Cole Kmet

IDP:
Micah Parsons
Devin White
Kevin Byard
Josh Allen

2022 - 4 1sts
2023 - 3 1sts
2024 - 2 1sts
While picks are fun to have - and trade - there comes a time where you also need to take your shot and trade picks for the proven player to win the ship now. It's a balance.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm

actionjackson wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:46 pm I bailed on DK about 10 minutes before kickoff...not looking back. Seattle appears to have tire fire written all over it for the foreseeable future.

Yuck. I mean, it's a parachute sure. But you're jumping out of a private jet that's just flying thru some turbulence, homie ;)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:09 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:30 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:47 am I don't see this as a DK problem. Pete needs to go and Russ needs to heal
I'm more concerned with the possibility that Pete stays and Russ goes. Maybe they'll suck enough the rest of season that they will keep Russ and boot Pete. Then I'd be okay.
I feel like this is going to be the more likely outcome. They're pick-poor, and flawed all over the roster. Russ already asked to get out last offseason. I can definitely see him doing it again.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:09 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:47 am I don't see this as a DK problem. Pete needs to go and Russ needs to heal
I'm more concerned with the possibility that Pete stays and Russ goes. Maybe they'll suck enough the rest of season that they will keep Russ and boot Pete. Then I'd be okay.
I feel like this is going to be the more likely outcome. They're pick-poor, and flawed all over the roster. Russ already asked to get out last offseason. I can definitely see him doing it again.
I got a scenario guys..

Pete retires

Russ stays

and Kellen Moore with his brilliant offensive mind comes to make this offense dynamik!!

How about them apples
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:31 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm

I got a scenario guys..

Pete retires

Russ stays

and Kellen Moore with his brilliant offensive mind comes to make this offense dynamik!!

How about them apples
:think: :dance:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:11 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm

I got a scenario guys..

Pete retires

Russ stays

How about them apples
as a certified hawk hater, I think I'd prefer the Pete stays russ goes deal
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig