Coaching Hotseat Thread: 2021-22

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Coaching Hotseat Thread: 2021-22

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Gotta assume Pete is in some choppy water. I really hope the Hawks let Pete go and keep Russ. You dont let a guy like Russ out the door at this point in his career, and Pete hasn't had a Superbowl contending team for awhile now. IMO the Hawks could use an overhaul, bring in someone the can refresh the offense, who cares about defense anymore if you arent putting up 35+ points each week anyways? They need to build around Russ, instead of building separate from him and forcing him to be lights out all the time. They have had the luxury of one of the best in the game for a long time, but have never had an above average Oline, have been trotting out late round WRs and RBs until they wasted a pick on Penny and lucked into DK falling into their lap. Where did everything go? Yeah they got Jamal Adams and some useless Dlinemen, guess what? Defense is still pretty bad regardless... The NFL has passed the Hawks, they need to evolve from their 2013 philosophy if they want to get back into title contention with Russ
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Unless things change, I expect changes in Miami, NYG, Den and Seattle, potentially Minn

edit:duh Chicago as well
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:09 pm

One interesting spot to watch is Dallas. There’s a lot of speculation that even if they go on to win the Super Bowl this year, they’ll fire McCarthy and promote Kellen Moore just to make sure he doesn’t leave for a HC job elsewhere.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:16 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:48 pm Unless things change, I expect changes in Miami, NYG, Den and Seattle, potentially Minn

edit:duh Chicago as well
I think this is accurately said.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:34 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:41 pm Gotta assume Pete is in some choppy water. I really hope the Hawks let Pete go and keep Russ. You dont let a guy like Russ out the door at this point in his career, and Pete hasn't had a Superbowl contending team for awhile now. IMO the Hawks could use an overhaul, bring in someone the can refresh the offense, who cares about defense anymore if you arent putting up 35+ points each week anyways? They need to build around Russ...
I don't think Russ wants to stick around for a rebuild; he already tried to force his way out this last offseason. They already tried a Sean McVay disciple as OC this year in an attempt to "refresh" the offense, too.

I think the smarter play - if you're really going full capital-R rebuild - is to take some of those 1st round picks off the Eagles hands for your 32 year old QB... and go all the way, and start again from scratch.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:34 pm

I'll throw Phillys hat in the ring.

I'd say Detroit based pm performance but they'll give Dan another year or 2. I think they signed him for 6 lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:38 pm

ChinAntlerParseMans wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:09 pm One interesting spot to watch is Dallas. There’s a lot of speculation that even if they go on to win the Super Bowl this year, they’ll fire McCarthy and promote Kellen Moore just to make sure he doesn’t leave for a HC job elsewhere.
That is interesting. I feel like it'd be hard to justify firing McCarthy after 2 years though, especially if they make the playoffs. But I think they should renegotiate Kellen Moore's contract and pay him a little more. Then they can give him more responsibilities as well, or let him make more decisions about who is on the offensive and practice/training staffs and whatnot.
Make zero mistake: Kellen Moore is your current HC1 candidate for this offseason's carousel. "Bumping his contract a little more" will not do it. Further, unless he's made Dallas HC, they will be unable to block him from interviewing with other teams.

Dallas would take a major nose-dive in the "coaching brainpower" power rankings if Kellen was indeed allowed to fly the coop.

I'm personally hopeful that "Kellen Moore, 2022 Giants Head Coach" is a phrase I'll be saying next year.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:56 am

So, NYG OC Jason Garrett got canned this week. Curious how that affects the offense (Freddie Kitchens, who ran a good offense for Mayfield some years ago, before faceplanting as Coach) and if this signals Joe Judge being on the hot seat.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def