Are early to mid season injuries really that bad?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Are early to mid season injuries really that bad?

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:36 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:30 am I myself prefer the mid- to late-season injuries. Missing Kamara, CPatt, and AB is really working wonders for my lineup.
:lol:

This is why I don't appreciate injuries early, mid-season, at at any point of the year. If the injuries cost you wins you might find yourself out of the playoffs anyway. And any play at any time can result in an injury. It's just the nature of the game. There is no insulation against future injury by having a player inactive. Add in the possibility of lingering issues with the affected body part(s), or recurrence of injury, and I just hope my players remain healthy.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Are early to mid season injuries really that bad?

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 pm

So as discussed already mid-season injuries can be a blessing, if the player comes back healthy. Barkley 2 years ago comes to my mind as he won a championship for me. However, I generally think this is a wash due to missed time/practice and the actual injury possibly lingering. I'd rather a player be fully healthy.

Amari Cooper could be an interesting case. I haven't been starting him many weeks, and now he's out the next 2. Obviously, I hope he recovers and beats covids bleep, but him coming back 100% in time for a fantasy playoff run would be key. Especially with the lingering hammy he was already dealing with, he could heal that up in the meantime