Midseason Dynasty Surprises

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Midseason Dynasty Surprises

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:34 am

When this level of risk is involved it's better to be cautiously optimistic at best. If you move Akers for 'something' and he exceeds that value well I guess you just lost some value.

But if Akers reinjures himself at all then the potential buyers in the market all go, "see, told you so," and you just lost all the value.

In my league when Akers first tore it the 2020 champion sold him for DJ chark and an early 2nd.

I assume that's all he could get and Chark was still healthy and TLaw hadn't played a snap yet. Might be a bad example but at the time nobody said nothing.

Personally if I had Akers I'd wait until the hype train gets going then 100% trade him away. Major doubts he plays next year unscathed. A Zeke/Pollard style RB split wouldn't surprise me at all next year.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:05 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm
What does Kevin Durant think about that?
Please kindly name 1 NFL RB that this injury didn't end their career within a couple of seasons. I'll wait
has it happened to any good young rbs that aren't slackers? that rules out donta foreman.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:00 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 am
thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm
What does Kevin Durant think about that?
Please kindly name 1 NFL RB that this injury didn't end their career within a couple of seasons. I'll wait
has it happened to any good young rbs that aren't slackers? that rules out donta foreman.
You actually just made my point. Foreman is the only RB to play in 5 more NFL games. Mikel Leshore had draft capital and was 21. Kendall Hunter was 24, Vic Ballard was 24... Arian Foster is the only player I can find over 26 that has had this injury. It has ended everybody's career. At the RB position. Literally Foreman is the best result of any RB rupture from a future NFL production standpoint.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:39 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:00 am

You actually just made my point. Foreman is the only RB to play in 5 more NFL games. Mikel Leshore had draft capital and was 21. Kendall Hunter was 24, Vic Ballard was 24... Arian Foster is the only player I can find over 26 that has had this injury. It has ended everybody's career. At the RB position. Literally Foreman is the best result of any RB rupture from a future NFL production standpoint.
Agree big time. Obviously there’s exceptions, and obviously the sample size isn’t 1000 RBs that ruptured an Achilles, but the info we have available is pretty gross for his future.

I didn’t even pursue him on my rebuild squad.

Wish the best for him, sucks. But, I’m completely out on this guy.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:18 am

Im really taken aback by the omission of Leonard Fournette in this thread by many of you.

Many of yall (and I have the receipts) during this offseason completely wrote him off.

I myself am surprised by Trevor Lawrence getting off to such a rocky start.
Im surprised by Hollywood Brown outperforming Courtland Sutton.
Im surprised by Schultzs performance. Wish I would have bought low when I had the chance.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:12 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:39 am

Agree big time. Obviously there’s exceptions, and obviously the sample size isn’t 1000 RBs that ruptured an Achilles, but the info we have available is pretty gross for his future.

I didn’t even pursue him on my rebuild squad.

Wish the best for him, sucks. But, I’m completely out on this guy.
I've added a response related to this in the Akers thread, which I think is better suited for the discussion. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=200232&p=2046579#p2046579

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:18 am Im really taken aback by the omission of Leonard Fournette in this thread by many of you.

Many of yall (and I have the receipts) during this offseason completely wrote him off.
Valid point, I sure missed on him this year
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:23 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:18 am Im really taken aback by the omission of Leonard Fournette in this thread by many of you.

Valid point, I sure missed on him this year
Wasn't down on Fournette directly, instead I thought we were going to see more of Ronald Jones and Gio.

And w/ AB I thought that pass attack was going to be the focal point if the offense. Seems like every time I flip back to the channel lately Brady is throwing an INT.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Mikel leshoure was arrested multiple times during the offseason and suspended by the team for multiple games before he was cut. He’s used as the Achilles poster child of rbs never recovering and he shouldn’t be. He had 1,000 total yards and 9 tds on an awful lions team the year after his injury, in what was basically his rookie season. He was a knucklehead that essentially got himself thrown off the team and untouchable to the rest of the league.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:09 pm

I get many still think an Achilles injury is a death sentence but surgery is so much more advanced these days players get back to full strength with far more regularity.

Someone mentioned Malik Hooker who tore an Achilles last September but made it back in training camp. He plays quite a bit for Dallas. Emmanuel Sanders tore an Achilles in December and was back the following August.

Obviously, it is not a fun injury but with the advancements in surgery it isn't like the old days.

-------------------------

As far as surprises; I have been high on Kendrick Bourne as a talented player for a while now and now that Mac Jones has his QB position under control it is obvious there is a solid connection with Kendrick Bourne who is 14th in points since week 6 putting up almost identical numbers to Pittman.

Bourne is a great low cost add for fantasy teams. Not a #1 just yet but close to a plug and play starter these days.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:19 am

In deep leagues mostly, I'm surprised...

...Wentz isn't completely horrible, especially in superflex.

...Not a single SEA back is startable, and Carson might never be again.

...Allen Lazard hasn't done more after a pretty good year last year.

...Kittle and Waller aren't anywhere near as good this year. (Deep league TE talk just isn't exciting!)
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am

D'Onta Foreman looks pretty good post achilles tear.