Midseason Dynasty Surprises

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Midseason Dynasty Surprises

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:38 am

henderson is still standing upright after carrying the load the whole season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:42 am

gpaok wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:07 pm Strong WR rookie class! Chase came out with a strong statement justifying some picking him at 1.01 but other rookies have done good ie Bateman!

Lots of fantasy related injuries and last minute covid swaps!

Lamb passed Cooper in rankings!
This definitely happened last year or offseason at the latest

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:42 am
gpaok wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:07 pm Strong WR rookie class! Chase came out with a strong statement justifying some picking him at 1.01 but other rookies have done good ie Bateman!

From the moment he was drafted I NEVER saw lamb go after Cooper. Maybe the rankings on site didn’t have it that way but no one drafted Cooper ahead of lamb in any drafts I saw
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:43 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm

From the moment he was drafted I NEVER saw lamb go after Cooper. Maybe the rankings on site didn’t have it that way but no one drafted Cooper ahead of lamb in any drafts I saw
Yeah, I was being generous lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 am
Henderson being a legit RB1. If LA doesn't go RB hunting this offseason, this season could set up Henderson for another good run next season.
Akers

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 pm
Henderson being a legit RB1. If LA doesn't go RB hunting this offseason, this season could set up Henderson for another good run next season.
Akers
Akers tore his Achilles. That's far worse than ACL or other common season ending injury.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:12 am TIGHT END melting pot

All the talk preseason was about a TE aristocracy, an extremely top-heavy group that would totally outpace the next group of 8.
Mostly it's been Kelce, then a drop to Andrews, then everybody else.

Though I held firm against spending much for TEs, even I am surprised the TE curve has flattened this much.
Leagues where start 2TEP are required are still slightly ahead of their time - and I love TE!

Simply not fun to grossly overpay at TE in drafts/trades or wait and start garbage every week, with virtually no middle ground.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm
Akers
Akers tore his Achilles. That's far worse than ACL or other common season ending injury.
What does Kevin Durant think about that?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:03 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm What does Kevin Durant think about that?
He thinks he's a 7ft shooter playing a far different sport that doesn't initiate nearly as much violent contact, and that doesn't require abrupt changes of direction as much as it calls for constant leg impacts from jumping up-and-down.

He thinks it took him 1.5 years to return to his sport, and even then, probably realistically 2-to-3 years to be truly himself again. He thinks he is lucky that he has the trump card against lost athletic explosion in the NBA - an almighty jump shot, and the length to pull up over any defender to get it off. He thinks this skillset will continue to age incredibly well in his 30's, even if his athleticism starts to truly wane at any point.

He thinks you should maybe not compare HoF basketball players to NFL running backs, and find a new analogy. But that's just his opinion, ya dig.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:05 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm
What does Kevin Durant think about that?
Please kindly name 1 NFL RB that this injury didn't end their career within a couple of seasons. I'll wait
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm
Akers
My mom tore something giving birth, recovered just fine!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:18 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:03 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm What does Kevin Durant think about that?
He thinks he's a 7ft shooter playing a far different sport that doesn't initiate nearly as much violent contact, and that doesn't require abrupt changes of direction as much as it calls for constant leg impacts from jumping up-and-down.

He thinks it took him 1.5 years to return to his sport, and even then, probably realistically 2-to-3 years to be truly himself again. He thinks he is lucky that he has the trump card against lost athletic explosion in the NBA - an almighty jump shot, and the length to pull up over any defender to get it off. He thinks this skillset will continue to age incredibly well in his 30's, even if his athleticism starts to truly wane at any point.

He thinks you should maybe not compare HoF basketball players to NFL running backs, and find a new analogy. But that's just his opinion, ya dig.
This had me cracking up hard. Wife was like wtf is wrong with you.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:28 pm

:clap:

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:43 pm
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Yeah, I was being generous lol
There was for sure in new Dynasty leagues that order - but if someone drafted them I’m pretty sure they expected a 1a-1b type of scoring this year. I expected them to be within 5 rankings delta in a PPR league. Yes Lamb was ahead due to age however lots still question if he could be the top Wr. I think Lamb has done a pretty big leap into this year solidifying he is the top scorer for sure! I also expected Cooper to have a lot more weeks where he would be higher scoring than Lamb!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:31 pm

:lol: This is my favourite post in a while. Akers may come back and be the same back next year (unlikely), but Kevin Durant and his situation will have absolutely nothing to do with it. Apples and oranges.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick