Week 10 discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 10 discussion

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:25 pm The Carr to Waller TD that got called back late in the game may cost me about 4 wins this week, as I had that stack. Cost me 15 points or more in TE premium leagues. Can't recall a single call that affected so many matchups in my entire FF career. Anyone else ever experience this type of thing before, across so many leagues?
I had this before my dynasty career when I took Bengals stud WR AJ Green in multiple leagues in the 1st - because he was lasting all the way to the end of the 1st, and that's where I happened to pick, and the value looked right.

Of course, he got injured and lost for the season, tanking all three of my leagues that year. Dark days.

(This also contributed to my well established dislike of drafting high-priced Bengals, something I've said a lot around here. Any season you don't -have- to watch Bengals games, you can chalk it up as a win)

These days I try and divest my biggest capital outlays from league to league - unless the value is just "too good". It's definitely great to believe in a guy, and scoop the value when it's there - but you have to be prepared for one bad moment hitting you everywhere when it happens.

Tough loss man. Hopefully you and your Raiders rebound next week against the fighting Joe Burrows, or failing that, the Dallas Cowboys! Raider UP
Always diversify. Although it can be really tough when someone is just being undervalued significantly across all of fantasy lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Jones out 1-2 weeks. Dillon szn over before it even started :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:06 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 pm Jones out 1-2 weeks. Dillon szn over before it even started :lol:
I will be starting him for those 2 weeks in my start 3 RB league. I think Jones will miss 2, with the bye coming up right after that. I have Jones on another team, I actually hope they rest him for 2, gives him almost a month to recover that way. Dillon is the future featured back in GB, but Jones still has some tread left.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 pm

I would absolutely start Dillon as well. With Hill also out hes due for a massive workload.

But from a dynasty perspective hes still just an overvalued handcuff. This news blocks his path to taking over any time soon.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:49 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 pm I would absolutely start Dillon as well. With Hill also out hes due for a massive workload.

But from a dynasty perspective hes still just an overvalued handcuff. This news blocks his path to taking over any time soon.
I think he's going to have a larger role next season. I roster Jones too, so not on any side here. If Rodgers leaves, both will suffer next year, in a massive way. Dillon will be the lead back there by 2023, but it might take until then.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:55 pm

If Rodgers leaves that's obviously a massive blow to the offense. Personally I think its 50/50 at this point. I cant begin to get in to the mind of what Aaron Rodgers wants. I do thi k hes loyal to the city, players, fans, and coaches. He just hates managment.

I still think Jones is 1a next year. Which makes Dillon a 25 year old RB going in to his 2nd contract, with limited opportunity as a receiver, needing to fend off other RBs and possibly Jones for that role...

A Jones acl year would have been huge for Dillons career. But it didnt happen. I stead he still has a long uphill climb to being a tip tier fantasy asset. So many people disgraced the community over thos whole thing over the past few days.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:59 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:55 pm If Rodgers leaves that's obviously a massive blow to the offense. Personally I think its 50/50 at this point. I cant begin to get in to the mind of what Aaron Rodgers wants. I do thi k hes loyal to the city, players, fans, and coaches. He just hates managment.

I still think Jones is 1a next year. Which makes Dillon a 25 year old RB going in to his 2nd contract, with limited opportunity as a receiver, needing to fend off other RBs and possibly Jones for that role...

A Jones acl year would have been huge for Dillons career. But it didnt happen. I stead he still has a long uphill climb to being a tip tier fantasy asset. So many people disgraced the community over thos whole thing over the past few days.
Dillon will be ahead of Jones in 23, IMO. I expect him to be the 1A by then. Next year, Jones will still be the 1A, but Dillon has another year left on his rookie deal, in 23.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:04 pm

I mean,I potential totally agree. Hard to project that far out but I thinknits a reasonable take. And still, that puts him at 25 going in to a 2nd contract as nothing more than a power runner. Jones will be 28,29 by then. Not necessarily a death se.tence for him but odds arent on his side that season.

I think a lot of the future has to do with Rodgers decision. If he stays, it benefits Jones. An offense with Rodgers as its QB isnt going to simply pound the ball. Jones skillset can help unlock that potential.

If he leaves and Love is the QB, I could see them going for a Totams style offense and Dillon gets his chance in 2023.

Best case scenario you're waiting like 3 years for a 2-3 year window with Dillon amd that isnt even guaranteed. Hes so overvalued in dynasty.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:04 pm I mean,I potential totally agree. Hard to project that far out but I thinknits a reasonable take. And still, that puts him at 25 going in to a 2nd contract as nothing more than a power runner. Jones will be 28,29 by then. Not necessarily a death se.tence for him but odds arent on his side that season.

I think a lot of the future has to do with Rodgers decision. If he stays, it benefits Jones. An offense with Rodgers as its QB isnt going to simply pound the ball. Jones skillset can help unlock that potential.

If he leaves and Love is the QB, I could see them going for a Totams style offense and Dillon gets his chance in 2023.

Best case scenario you're waiting like 3 years for a 2-3 year window with Dillon amd that isnt even guaranteed. Hes so overvalued in dynasty.
Not even sure of Dillon's value, TBH. I have him in a start 3 RB league, so value is different there. Agreed on the part about Rodgers decision affecting how they play football moving forward.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Kupp has a real shot at MT's receptions record this year, especially with the extra game.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:10 pm Kupp has a real shot at MT's receptions record this year, especially with the extra game.
I hate Kupp, mostly because I don’t have any shares.
Other than that I’m sure he’s a nice guy.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 am

Deebo is becoming a monster beast.

Deebo lined up in 4 positions last night. He is becoming an unstoppable fantasy force before our eyes averaging just under 22 per game now with zero single digit games YTD.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:04 am

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 am Deebo is becoming a monster beast.

Deebo lined up in 4 positions last night. He is becoming an unstoppable fantasy force before our eyes averaging just under 22 per game now with zero single digit games YTD.
I was pleasantly surprised how well he ran out of the backfield. He doesn't run like a WR. I thought he was Mitchell a couple times.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:20 am

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:38 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:13 pm

A college 6'2. So probably 6 ft in the NFL. LOL.
No, he's a legit 6'2". I played a pick up game aginst him. I am 6'5", he dunked on me, multiple times
sounds like he's a hofer already, didn't know he could dunk on the great Murphy.

I kid, but on the real. He's going to be an NFL WR. Anything any NFL athlete does to a non professional athlete doesn't really tell me anything
Are you kidding, I was just trying to get out of his way.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:38 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:04 am
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 am Deebo is becoming a monster beast.

I was pleasantly surprised how well he ran out of the backfield. He doesn't run like a WR. I thought he was Mitchell a couple times.
Agree, I have been really studying this player this season and the more I watch him and enjoy his breakout, the more he reminds me of CMC. While he is a slightly bigger version and plays WR, the similarities are there in style and production.

The 49'ers are designing game plans around his talent. He lines up out wide, in the slot, at RB, and even TE these days. He is really electric and a fun player to watch play the game.

As a Cowboy fan I have no love lost for the 49er's but this is a special player and the stage suits him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts