Week 10 discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 10 discussion

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:41 am

This whole AJ vs AJ argument is stupid on both sides. Both can be great RB. Stop acting like one side has to be true and the other has to be false by using less than a games worth of data.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 am

I'm using years worth of data. The Dillon Stans are drunk on him scoring his first TD of the season in week 10. And disgracefully stretching an MCL sprain that sidelined Jones for 2 weeks in the past in to hoping it's a season ending injury.

All I'm doing is injecting truth and facts in to this because everybody is going off emotion right now. I'm not even saying Dillon is bad. Only tempering expectations.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 am

Here's all his touches so we can stop accusing each other of not watching the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWIUXmHpuw

Looks like a good running back to me. Better than I remembered him being.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:59 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 am Here's all his touches so we can stop accusing each other of not watching the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWIUXmHpuw

Nobody is saying he isnt a good running back. That video only confirms my point.

When hes in the game it's probably a power run or dump off. He struggles in pass pro and doesnt bring the versatility to the offense that Jones does. This is relevant because Jones looks to have avoided a major injury and will probably reclaim the 1a role when hes back. Thus keeping Dillon a handcuff type value in dynasty. Expectations and hype are crazy high with Dillon right now making hom a sell high.

Sorry but you all know I'm right.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:00 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 am … everybody is going off emotion right now…
I have no ownership of either back (hate owning Packers) so I’m relatively non-biased in viewing this dispute.

You may consider an honest look into your own motivations/underlying emotions in your posts, as an Aaron Jones owner (in your sig). Just reading through this, your posts read to me as at minimum equally defensive/emotional, which is what you’re accusing the opposition of.
Just food for thought. We’re better fantasy evaluators when we can recognize our own biases/emotions. We also get along better on the forums.

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:20 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:33 am Yeah. I get that. Youre the one missing the point here not me. I'll try laying it out in bullet points because you're having a hard time.

- Packers offense stunk yesterday
- Jones barely played
- Fresh Aaron Jones down the stretch of the game would have made a big difference (source: 3 year sample)

Saying they were "400%" better in a game where they stunk anyway isn't a convincing argument.

If Dillon doesn't score TDs he probably wont be an RB1 on yardage and receptions alone. Not consistently at least. Sprry but thos has been done a thousand times already. There are exceptions to the rule but I'm not in the habit of betting against the odds.
I’m not having a hard time, but you are and I’m not really sure how to help, because you continue to talk about what you want to, while ignoring my points. Let me break this down for you, I’m not sure what Jones would have done, but I do know what AJ did, and that’s scored touchdowns. AJ is going to continue scoring tds in this offense without Jones. If THill isn’t fast, he’s probably not a WR1. And if your mom doesn’t sleep with your dad, you aren’t born.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:26 am

Wtf is going on ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:29 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:59 am
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 am Here's all his touches so we can stop accusing each other of not watching the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWIUXmHpuw

Nobody is saying he isnt a good running back. That video only confirms my point.

When hes in the game it's probably a power run or dump off. He struggles in pass pro and doesnt bring the versatility to the offense that Jones does. This is relevant because Jones looks to have avoided a major injury and will probably reclaim the 1a role when hes back. Thus keeping Dillon a handcuff type value in dynasty. Expectations and hype are crazy high with Dillon right now making hom a sell high.

Because we all know you can’t be fantasy or reality relevant as a power rb & dump off back.

Sounds like the same genius thinking that kept DeMarco ahead of D. Henry for two years. I’m sure that coach told us all that he was right too :snooty:

Now at this stage Jones offers way more than a worn out Murray did then but point being acting like Dillon couldn’t be a viable rb 1 because he isn’t as versatile as A. Jones isn’t true or a proven fact. The fact that one can do certain things better doesn’t mean that the other couldn’t be effective in a different manner if team decided to focus on his strengths.

Fortunately we will get a short term window to see what it will look like & then we can come back to discuss it

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:30 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:59 am
I am sorry, but no, no I don't agree
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:40 am

Cause I can't be bothered to keep up with what's going on that debate anymore....

How about waddle and Smith. Nothing splashy but another solid week to help both of them keep up the 900 yd season pace.
Waddle-56 ypg(16 game pace- 891 yds, 17- 947yds)
Smith-60 ypg (16 pace-956 yds 17 - 1025yds)

Obviously they ain't chase but both looking promising so far imo, gotta be in that mid wr2 value range now right? (Top 20wr)

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:45 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:40 am Cause I can't be bothered to keep up with what's going on that debate anymore....

How about waddle and Smith. Nothing splashy but another solid week to help both of them keep up the 900 yd season pace.

Obviously they ain't chase but both looking promising so far imo, gotta be in that mid wr2 value range now right? (Top 20wr)
I really like smith. And decently more than waddle. Smith is probably out of my buy range though unless I knew who the qb of the future was. What do you think?

WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:40 am Cause I can't be bothered to keep up with what's going on that debate anymore....

Both are doing so with subpar QB play as well. I expected this from Smith (maybe not as quickly) but I thought Waddle would struggle more. Both are shaping up nicely and I assume owners who drafted them late 1st are happy.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 am

Jrblaha wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:45 am

I really like smith. And decently more than waddle. Smith is probably out of my buy range though unless I knew who the qb of the future was. What do you think?
Play pretty much sf so adjust accordingly. But imo not knowing the qb of the future doesn't hurt either of them much considering the level of qb play they've had. It's not like mt with Brees or the Tampa pass catchers with brady, this is already at the "things can't get much worse" level of passing production.
For me they were being picked late 1 and imo they were very solid values there (top 10 draft capital, good profiles, etc). So to me they've gotta be at the least mid firsts or maybe a bit higher than that at this point.

For reference PHI is the sixth lowest passing offense and Mia is 12th.

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:53 am

That makes sense and I can dig that, although it also brings my issue. I think he’s now valued at a mid to early first (non-sf) and I want to believe, but idk that he ends up ultimately being worth that. I’d probably risk 1.4 for him, but idk about top 3 (for 2022 draft picks)

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:56 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:00 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 am … everybody is going off emotion right now…
I have no ownership of either back (hate owning Packers) so I’m relatively non-biased in viewing this dispute.

You may consider an honest look into your own motivations/underlying emotions in your posts, as an Aaron Jones owner (in your sig). Just reading through this, your posts read to me as at minimum equally defensive/emotional, which is what you’re accusing the opposition of.
Just food for thought. We’re better fantasy evaluators when we can recognize our own biases/emotions. We also get along better on the forums.
but he's right, and you know it!