Dalton Schultz: Situational Production or Something More?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dalton Schultz: Situational Production or Something More?

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:12 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:07 am So here we are at the end of the season and Schultz is TE4 in full PPR leagues. Where are we ranking him for next year? Having watched his recent performances I don't think this is a fluke and I think he can still develop further. His situation is also great as he's tied to Dak for the foreseeable future and Dak seems to trust him in critical moments and in the redzone.
I thought he was a UFA this year??

If he signs with Dallas, he's a TE1. Dak likes him and they are about to lose Gallup most likely. Schultz would only definitely be behind the top 5 TE (Pitts, Andrews, Kelce, Kittle, Waller). Then I may take Hock over him. But that's about it.

I'd be hesitant to rank him outside of Dallas, which is exactly why I left him off my list in the '2022 TE' thread. He reminds me a bit of Hooper in ATL. Would be worried Schultz goes to a CLE that doesn't utilize him as much

Edit: I see everyone already compared him to Hooper LOL

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:12 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:07 am So here we are at the end of the season and Schultz is TE4 in full PPR leagues. Where are we ranking him for next year? Having watched his recent performances I don't think this is a fluke and I think he can still develop further. His situation is also great as he's tied to Dak for the foreseeable future and Dak seems to trust him in critical moments and in the redzone.

If he signs with Dallas, he's a TE1. Dak likes him and they are about to lose Gallup most likely. Schultz would only definitely be behind the top 5 TE (Pitts, Andrews, Kelce, Kittle, Waller). Then I may take Hock over him. But that's about it.

I'd be hesitant to rank him outside of Dallas, which is exactly why I left him off my list in the '2022 TE' thread. He reminds me a bit of Hooper in ATL. Would be worried Schultz goes to a CLE that doesn't utilize him as much
That's good info, I thought he was still on his rookie deal. I think it's likely Dallas resigns him, it seems like the best fit for both. With the assumption that he returns to Dallas, I pretty much agree with your list, however, he has done enough for me to put him equal with Waller and I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:01 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:12 am

That's good info, I thought he was still on his rookie deal. I think it's likely Dallas resigns him, it seems like the best fit for both. With the assumption that he returns to Dallas, I pretty much agree with your list, however, he has done enough for me to put him equal with Waller and I would have a hard time choosing between the two.
Yeah thats fair..Waller with a down and injured year. He's much older.. maybe he's not a definite over Schultz, assuming he's in DAL

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:40 pm

Well, if he leaves this off-season I think he definitely drops in value. If they restructure or cut Jarwin (which they should, Schultz outplayed him this year when they were both on the field) and re-sign him I see him as a back-end TE1. I don’t see him ever cracking the top 5 TE’s, but as someone most likely picked up off the waiver wire he is definitely a hold if he stays in Dallas.

I tried to sell him this off-season in a TE-super premium league and nobody would pay a 2nd for him. Sometimes the best moves are those that don’t happen.
Last edited by Shcritters on Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 am

If he resigns and had a similar season he will be in the elite tier. I am not sure if it makes sense talking about TEs as TE1 or top 5 etc. those classifications seem meaningless as TE1 and TE12 have vastly different values and top 5 is just an arbitrary line. There will likely be more than 5 elite TEs next year that all hold significant value compared to the field.