Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Jalen Hurts

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:02 am

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:52 am There's legitimately no reason to play Wentz again this season. He's not making anyone better and continues to play like a bum. If the offense plays well in their remaining games, maybe Pederson makes it appear like it isn't his fault. But who knows how far out the door he is.

Who TF knows how the Wentz saga will unwind but the guy's confidence is toast for 2020, regardless of PHI's other issues, Wentz has brought this on himself. Pretty wild.

If Hurts balls out, what an insane value he could wind up being, went in the 3rd of all my 2QB/SF drafts.
LMAO

Wentz has brought this on himself? :wtf: I'm going to assume you watch football. Is it Wentz's fault that he is the highest pressured qb in the league? Leading the league in sacks, hits, and pressures? Where has Ertz been? Oh, yeah, Goedart has missed substantial time too, Oh yeah their o-line is in shambles, and their Wr's haven't been healthy... play calling has somehow led to them passing to their rb's less? Hmmm?

Yep, Lets put the blame on Wentz and - lets also frame it like - Wentz brought this on himself.

good grief..... :wall:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 am

joeday wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:43 pm I think Hurts will be great! Not related question...did they fire the coach and replace the entire offensive line? They didn't? Ok, never mind, it's gonna be more of the same lol.
This ^ :clap: Words of wisdom by Joeday.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:19 pm
joeday wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:43 pm I think Hurts will be great!
I didn't think he was a very good college QB, so I'd be rwally surprised if he succeeds at this level, but Josh Allen has shown it's not impossible.
You cut out the second part of my post! lol. You cut that out and you miss the sarcasm and it totally changes the context of what I said haha.

"I think Hurts will be great! Not related question...did they fire the coach and replace the entire offensive line? They didn't? Ok, never mind, it's gonna be more of the same lol."
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:12 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:37 pm
joeday wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:43 pm I think Hurts will be great!
I didn't think he was a very good college QB, so I'd be rwally surprised if he succeeds at this level, but Josh Allen has shown it's not impossible.
Not to derail this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if Allen follows up this year with a Wentz like yea.r I feel like he over-performed this year and at the beginning of the year if I had to be on any starter being unseated by their backup it would have been 1) Mariota over Carr and 2) Fromm over Allen.
:wtf: Gulp.... huh? Woah are you drinking heavily these days Beast? :confused:

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:19 am

Context MATTERS people.

So many here seem to gravitate to confirmation biases. Cheering for Hurts who finds himself in a horrible situation - to succeed - because you own him or picked him up or what have you. Are any people wondering what conditions (cause / effect) could have potentially contributed to the decline of Wentz? Or - is it more convienant to ignore that - so we can stick to the narative that Wentz now sucks?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:25 am

JFever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:19 am Context MATTERS people.

So many here seem to gravitate to confirmation biases. Cheering for Hurts who finds himself in a horrible situation - to succeed - because you own him or picked him up or what have you. Are any people wondering what conditions (cause / effect) could have potentially contributed to the decline of Wentz? Or - is it more convienant to ignore that - so we can stick to the narative that Wentz now sucks?
Can't I have both? I think Hurts will struggle and also think Wentz kind of sucks.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:26 am

Sure. Up to you.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:26 am

JFever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:19 am Context MATTERS people.

I don’t even believe Wentz has declined that much. I’ve been saying that he’s not good for years now. He’s always had extreme happy feet in the pocket, he always airmailed his receivers, he always was a one read QB. I thought he was massively overrated from pretty much the very start.

He had a good rookie year, for a rookie, then a nice 14 games with a team that was so stacked it won the SB without him, then has been thoroughly mediocre/bad since. He never was good/great himself.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:38 am

"I don’t even believe &%&%$ has declined that much. I’ve been saying that he’s not good for years now. He’s always had extreme happy feet in the pocket, he always airmailed his receivers, he always was a one read QB. I thought he was massively overrated from pretty much the very start."

VERY subjective huh? I read this and I can't help but think this statement is discribing Dak. lmao. To each their own.

I see the reasons for Wentz's 2020 crash as being glairingly obvious. I guess people see what they want to see.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:47 am

JFever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:38 am "I don’t even believe &%&%$ has declined that much. I’ve been saying that he’s not good for years now. He’s always had extreme happy feet in the pocket, he always airmailed his receivers, he always was a one read QB. I thought he was massively overrated from pretty much the very start."

VERY subjective huh? I read this and I can't help but think this statement is discribing Dak. lmao. To each their own.

I see the reasons for Wentz's 2020 crash as being glairingly obvious. I guess people see what they want to see.
Yes, football is highly subjective, that’s kind of how it works. You aren’t going to get an objective, factual about a players ability, when numbers are so heavily influenced by the 10 other guys surrounding a player, usage, scheme, and all the other factors. I could do a tape review of Wentz, which would be the best way to accurately assess his ability, but I don’t care that much.

In Wentz’ case, it always seemed pretty clear to me that he was buoyed by his top of the line supporting cast. Now that that’s gone, and he doesn’t have a top tier O-line, a top tier deep threat, great TE, excllent possession WR, effective ground game, great defense, and innovative coaching staff/gm (same people, but they have stagnated), his true colors are showing. I get it though, he was crowned the NFL’s golden boy as a rookie/second year pro, so he has lots of defenders.

Hurts will be a QB upgrade for the Eagles.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am

I think it's clearly both situation and Wince that are the issue. I own Wince in 3 of my 6 dynasty teams so I'm pulling for him, but there's no doubt even when he's had a clean pocket and open receivers he's simply not reading the field well. I don't think he's unsalvageable though. It would appear as if he's on an accelerated Carson Palmer career path, where he has a disastrous year, switches teams, then plays well again. The PlayerProfiler comps are sometimes pretty silly but Wince to Palmer was perhaps the most accurate comp he ever made. Everything from their size, athleticism, draft pedigree and college production was similar, and it could be that their careers play out similarly as well.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am I think it's clearly both situation and Wince that are the issue. I own Wince in 3 of my 6 dynasty teams so I'm pulling for him, but there's no doubt even when he's had a clean pocket and open receivers he's simply not reading the field well. I don't think he's unsalvageable though. It would appear as if he's on an accelerated Carson Palmer career path, where he has a disastrous year, switches teams, then plays well again. The PlayerProfiler comps are sometimes pretty silly but Wince to Palmer was perhaps the most accurate comp he ever made. Everything from their size, athleticism, draft pedigree and college production was similar, and it could be that their careers play out similarly as well.
Wince may be quite appropriate. His decline has been pretty steady. He has taken a lot of hits, has a lot of money and already broke his back once.

He has never read the field very well which is why several past on him in Dynasty I suspect.

Hurts mobility should help him given the Eagles major line issues. He has RB speed and Wentz couldn't sniff a 4.9 40 these days after all his injuries. Wentz looks like a pretty old soon to be 28.

I could see an Andrew Luck situation who retired at 29.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:56 am

If you like my Carson Wince nickname you might enjoy some others. Sham Darnold, Colt DeCoy, Kyler Hurry, Jar-Head Goff, Kirk Kissing Cousins, Injury Garoppolo.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:21 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:02 am Yep, Lets put the blame on Wentz and - lets also frame it like - Wentz brought this on himself.
good grief..... :wall:
Woof, you must have Wentz on quite a few teams, what a rollercoaster of emotions this season must be.

If we're being honest with ourselves, EVERYONE is aware of the issues Philly have had this season. However, how many more excuses should you or we make for him? You understand the way he's played gave the organization NO CHOICE but to bench him.

I and plenty of others watch football...and no one wants to watch him QB. Yes, he has brought this on himself 14 weeks into the season. LOL :wave:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:39 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Not to derail this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if Allen follows up this year with a Wentz like year. I feel like he over-performed this year and at the beginning of the year if I had to be on any starter being unseated by their backup it would have been 1) Mariota over Carr and 2) Fromm over Allen.
Are you on Drugs...... :biggrin:

Josh Allen is fantastic and a vastly better athlete. He is also on an ascending team with a real GM and great coaching.

Wentz is a great athlete. 100% agree on the latter part, though