General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Jalen Hurts: what's the verdict?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:08 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 am Saw this on Twitter:

In 9 full games as a starter, he has at least 21 points in each start. He's averaging 27 points in those starts.

Could be a better fantasy player than football player, or perhaps the Eagles aren't maximizing a player who could actually be really good
Yeah, based on everything I have seen, it's the former, not the latter. After watching the Monday game, followed by the Thursday game, there's no doubt in my mind Wentz is the better real life QB. I don't doubt that it was time for the two sides to part ways, but I think the Eagles definitely should look into a move next year with those picks, one way or another. They are stuck in a holding pattern with this guy. He's just not talented enough in any facet of the game to make the style he plays excel. I think the Eagles off season next year will be one of the most exciting, in terms of FF shake up.
I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like this before, at least not that comes to mind. The Tebow comp is solid, but I don't remember him going nuclear in FF every damn game. It's wild to watch. Hurts has been Teflon.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:15 am

free gardner!

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:15 am free gardner!
Free Ertz!
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 am

abloom wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:15 am free gardner!
Free Ertz!
well you got your wish!

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:30 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:14 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 am Saw this on Twitter:

In 9 full games as a starter, he has at least 21 points in each start. He's averaging 27 points in those starts.

Could be a better fantasy player than football player, or perhaps the Eagles aren't maximizing a player who could actually be really good
Yeah, based on everything I have seen, it's the former, not the latter. After watching the Monday game, followed by the Thursday game, there's no doubt in my mind Wentz is the better real life QB. I don't doubt that it was time for the two sides to part ways, but I think the Eagles definitely should look into a move next year with those picks, one way or another. They are stuck in a holding pattern with this guy. He's just not talented enough in any facet of the game to make the style he plays excel. I think the Eagles off season next year will be one of the most exciting, in terms of FF shake up.
I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like this before, at least not that comes to mind. The Tebow comp is solid, but I don't remember him going nuclear in FF every damn game. It's wild to watch. Hurts has been Teflon.
The one that comes to mind for me is Tyrod Taylor back when he was with Buffalo (~2016).
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:16 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:59 am
CGW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:54 am

Agreed. That play early on where he scrambled to his left right into a defender for a 2 yard loss rather than just throw the ball away for an imcompletion. I dont think the game has slowed down enough for him yet and he's got a long way to go. I'm just not sure there's enough time for that development. With 2(3) firsts next year there's going to be a lot of calls for a change sooner than later.
It'll be interesting to see if the Eagles stick by him, I think it's been said but to me it's really Watson or bust if they want to go that route (and personally I don't think they should). My analysis is, 1) Give him the whole year 2) Assess at year and and use those other picks to continue building talent around him 3) Either stop gap next year if he's that bad and aim for 2023 or see if another team wants him. I wouldn't be shocked if another QB needy team wants him honestly, I think there a worse starters when you consider his upside.
They have 3 firsts, assuming Wentz plays enough. With that kind of capital, they won't pass on a QB upgrade, IMO. You only have a shot every so often, via draft or trade. I believe the Eagles will use it. Nobody wants to be in QB purgatory, and that's exactly what Hurts is.
I get what you mean FF but I'm not seeing a QB in this class that makes them a better franchise (right now based on what I'm reading and seeing). This is also dependent on the staff, this staff shouldn't stay if they go that route because they're absolutely not doing anything to "unlock Hurts" that's for sure.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 am

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:30 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:14 am

The one that comes to mind for me is Tyrod Taylor back when he was with Buffalo (~2016).
This actually reminds me of Blake Bortles a few years back with Jax. Downright awful real life qb but top 5 for fantasy somehow and then gets replaced shortly thereafter.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 am

I have now watched two Eagles games, so small sample size. But I think we are banging the coaching staff and that may not be fair. I personally feel the playbook is so basic because Hurts just can't handle a lot right now. He is not able to read defenses at this point. The lack of run plays is very much a reflection of defenses not being concerned about the passing game and allocating extra players to enforce the line. This is also making the short/intermediate passing game a challenge. Jalen is ether going to throw long or scramble. Every defense knows this. I am not yet decided if it can be corrected, but today the Eagles are dealing with a talented QB with serious limitations
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 am I have now watched two Eagles games, so small sample size. But I think we are banging the coaching staff and that may not be fair. I personally feel the playbook is so basic because Hurts just can't handle a lot right now. He is not able to read defenses at this point. The lack of run plays is very much a reflection of defenses not being concerned about the passing game and allocating extra players to enforce the line. This is also making the short/intermediate passing game a challenge. Jalen is ether going to throw long or scramble. Every defense knows this. I am not yet decided if it can be corrected, but today the Eagles are dealing with a talented QB with serious limitations
I still think there is a good amount of blame on the coaching staff. They don’t run the ball consistently, they average about 22 rushing attempts per game, half of which are from Hurts. Point being that it’s difficult for a young qb to carry the team without a running game, puts too much pressure on the qb. If they were more balanced like their first two games I believe hurts and the team as a whole would be more successful.

RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman

Draft picks:

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 am
murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 am I have now watched two Eagles games, so small sample size. But I think we are banging the coaching staff and that may not be fair. I personally feel the playbook is so basic because Hurts just can't handle a lot right now. He is not able to read defenses at this point. The lack of run plays is very much a reflection of defenses not being concerned about the passing game and allocating extra players to enforce the line. This is also making the short/intermediate passing game a challenge. Jalen is ether going to throw long or scramble. Every defense knows this. I am not yet decided if it can be corrected, but today the Eagles are dealing with a talented QB with serious limitations
I still think there is a good amount of blame on the coaching staff. They don’t run the ball consistently, they average about 22 rushing attempts per game, half of which are from Hurts. Point being that it’s difficult for a young qb to carry the team without a running game, puts too much pressure on the qb. If they were more balanced like their first two games I believe hurts and the team as a whole would be more successful.
But if they are running RPO's and the QB is the one deciding to keep the ball 90% of the time it's not really on the coach is it?

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am

KingsKing wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am
PigeonBoys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 am
But if they are running RPO's and the QB is the one deciding to keep the ball 90% of the time it's not really on the coach is it?
They had one, ONE, designed run all of the first half. You just can’t do that and be successful. That’s on the coaching staff to but put the ball into sanders hands. Honestly I don’t know what the staff is thinking half the time in Philly, look at the games the eagles have been competitive in, they have a higher percentage of designed run plays called whereas in losses they have had less than 10 designed runs to rbs in those games, just asinine.

I also don’t buy the playing from behind narrative as I believe they are playing behind because they can’t sustain drives which usually is aided by the run game. Their play calling in first halves this year has been laughable in losses especially.

Draft picks:

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Since the Falcons game he has the lowest QBR in the league by a mile at 32, also only 5 tds and 4 ints and a 60% completion percentage. They are a Vintage Sam Darnold performance away from being 1-5 right now . Coaching staff doesn’t help him but let’s put the blame where it belongs , he simply isn’t playing well.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:19 pm

Mike11 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:16 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:59 am

It'll be interesting to see if the Eagles stick by him, I think it's been said but to me it's really Watson or bust if they want to go that route (and personally I don't think they should). My analysis is, 1) Give him the whole year 2) Assess at year and and use those other picks to continue building talent around him 3) Either stop gap next year if he's that bad and aim for 2023 or see if another team wants him. I wouldn't be shocked if another QB needy team wants him honestly, I think there a worse starters when you consider his upside.
They have 3 firsts, assuming Wentz plays enough. With that kind of capital, they won't pass on a QB upgrade, IMO. You only have a shot every so often, via draft or trade. I believe the Eagles will use it. Nobody wants to be in QB purgatory, and that's exactly what Hurts is.
I get what you mean FF but I'm not seeing a QB in this class that makes them a better franchise (right now based on what I'm reading and seeing). This is also dependent on the staff, this staff shouldn't stay if they go that route because they're absolutely not doing anything to "unlock Hurts" that's for sure.
You don't think any QB coming out of college is better than Hurts? I mean, Howell was making 4 read progressions as a true freshman vs Clemson. He's clearly a better prospect than Hurts, just to name one. They could go for the big move with Watson, too. Right now, they have 3 firsts, and they are 2-4, Indy is 1-4, Miami is 1-4. Right now, they are all top ten picks. They have the ammo, for sure. I just don't see how they can be watching this display and not be thinking of a QB upgrade when they have a real chance to do it next year. I'd be shocked. Unless they plan to build like Washington, and get the QB last. Hurts is on borrowed time, IMO. Guy would make a really nice back up. He'd come in when teams aren't prepared for him, and provide a type of game that is difficult to defend, out of the blue, for a game or two. Beyond that, he's just not going to cut it, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Just playing devils advocate here.

I remember a lot on here has similar comments about Lamar Jackson, granted I’m not comparing Hurts to Jackson. But it is possible he could over time learn to be a passer much like Jackson is still working at this as well. I believe we will see another year or two of hurts to see if he gets there.

He is a cheap QB playing on a rookie contract. I don’t envision the eagles taking a day 1 QB to replace Hurts at least this off season. Yes I do own him, only because he was dropped last season week 1 or 2 I can’t remember. So I’m not heavily invested in the guy so if he flops owell. However if I find a buyer I’d sell for sure.

I wouldn’t conclude so early that the guys fate is already written
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:11 pm

There is not one other player in the NFL I want to see succeed more than Jalen - you could write books about the class he showed in handling the Alabama QB situation with Tua - but I don’t think his current level of play is going to keep him as an NFL QB. His fantasy stats are nice, but I think his passing yards are inflated given his team has been down and he’s been throwing against D’s playing soft coverages. Last night he had like 60 yards passing at halftime against the league’s worst pass D team. That’s not going to get it done long term in the NFL.

There’s time for him to grow, and I’m rooting for him, but not trying to acquire him because I just don’t see it so far. I hope I’m wrong.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd