Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 3 2021

Postby Packerland » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:37 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Such a make-able throw. Clean pocket, open receiver. Good QB's make that throw. Darnold is OK, but you need to make throws like that.
Why are you so quick to throw Darnold under the bus here? That was not by any means an easy throw to execute. He threw it to a place where only DJ Moore could get it. I'd rather him over throw it by a smidge than underthrow and risk a turnover. Stop being a hater....the man doesnt have a 68% completion percentage because he is a bad QB. Why dont you give him some credit....like when he stood in the pocket and delivered a dart while getting smashed in the face. Give him a break.
I said he was OK. Never said he was bad. You're out to lunch on this. I made a comment based on my opinion of the play. Has nothing to do with hate. If you don't don't like it, that's just too bad, but you're response is out of line. Not sure if you're the president of the Darnold fan club, or what, but you're taking this personally for some reason. The idea that someone else has a different view point to you is "hate", sorry man, but I am not interested in what you have to say, if this is what you bring to a discussion.
I honestly would say that most QB's in the NFL are able to make that throw. Pretty sure even Sam would say that he would like that one back.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Mills doesn't look like the worst QB in the league, I'll give him that. He at least looks like he belongs in the NFL, unlike Jacob Freaking Eason :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Packerland wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Why are you so quick to throw Darnold under the bus here? That was not by any means an easy throw to execute. He threw it to a place where only DJ Moore could get it. I'd rather him over throw it by a smidge than underthrow and risk a turnover. Stop being a hater....the man doesnt have a 68% completion percentage because he is a bad QB. Why dont you give him some credit....like when he stood in the pocket and delivered a dart while getting smashed in the face. Give him a break.
I said he was OK. Never said he was bad. You're out to lunch on this. I made a comment based on my opinion of the play. Has nothing to do with hate. If you don't don't like it, that's just too bad, but you're response is out of line. Not sure if you're the president of the Darnold fan club, or what, but you're taking this personally for some reason. The idea that someone else has a different view point to you is "hate", sorry man, but I am not interested in what you have to say, if this is what you bring to a discussion.
I honestly would say that most QB's in the NFL are able to make that throw. Pretty sure even Sam would say that he would like that one back.
Darnold has looked better thus far. He's still making some decisions that are a bit reckless, but has gotten away with them so far. The throwing across the body back across the field throws that had led to to some near interceptions. Holding the ball too long in the pocket for that fumble, but he has looked better overall. I think he's an OK QB, but I wouldn't say he's a good NFL QB just yet. I do think there is some cause for optimism, where a year ago there was none. Throws like that one, though, you want to see him make. As you said, most guys make that throw, and even he would say he should have hit it. That's just part of being a young QB, and hope that the consistency comes with time. Making the throws you should make, as well as some of the more difficult ones.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 pm Mills doesn't look like the worst QB in the league, I'll give him that. He at least looks like he belongs in the NFL, unlike Jacob Freaking Eason :lol:
I think Mills could be a solid backup. He could hang around for a while, getting some spot starts.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 pm Mills doesn't look like the worst QB in the league, I'll give him that. He at least looks like he belongs in the NFL, unlike Jacob Freaking Eason :lol:
I think Mills could be a solid backup. He could hang around for a while, getting some spot starts.
Yup. Honestly reminds me a lot of Taylor Heinecke - willing to throw the ball even in the face of pressure, which is all we care about for fantasy (for Cooks I mean)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 pm

He looked like he can easily develop into a decent starter. Hard to say for sure as his own coaching staff shackled him for most of the game.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:57 pm

This is starting to feel like DJ Moore's year. I'm sure he'll still get hate for not catching enough TDs though.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 pm
He looked like he can easily develop into a decent starter. Hard to say for sure as his own coaching staff shackled him for most of the game.
I haven't seen that yet. Mills isn't in the greatest situation to succeed, either. 11 college starts, I believe, 3rd round capital. Odds area against him. "Easily" develop into a starter? I don't agree. There isn't much that will be easy for him to become a starter long term. I think he could be a solid backup, but I don't foresee any sort of long term starter in the league at this point from what I have seen. If he develops into a starter in this league, I would be surprised. If he does though, good for him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 pm

hoos89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:57 pm This is starting to feel like DJ Moore's year. I'm sure he'll still get hate for not catching enough TDs though.
He's getting peppered. They are using him properly this year. The role he had last year, was so limiting to his skill set.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:25 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:08 pm Texans brass botching the whole Watson scenario. This team has fight in a wide open division. Instead, they're paying 11M bucks to start Davis Fuggin Mills.
How is that their fault?

Watson didn't want to show
If you name him starter and he doesn't show, he violates the CBA and Houston could've gotten out of paying him.

Voluntarily sitting him has zero team benefit.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:08 pm Texans brass botching the whole Watson scenario. This team has fight in a wide open division. Instead, they're paying 11M bucks to start Davis Fuggin Mills.
Lowkey probably the worst team in the league to be a fan of. Off the top of my head, the Texans have had four franchise players in recent years -- Watson, JJ Watt, Nuk Hopkins and Honeybadger. Look how that went for each of them.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:07 am

Maybe he can be the new Chase Daniel, career backup. Been bouncing around the league for 12 seasons, earned $39M.

A sweet gig.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 pm
hoos89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:57 pm This is starting to feel like DJ Moore's year. I'm sure he'll still get hate for not catching enough TDs though.
He's getting peppered. They are using him properly this year. The role he had last year, was so limiting to his skill set.
That's a weird way of saying "Teddy Bridgewater". DJ Moore was open a ton last year and for whatever reason wasn't getting targets. Robby was being force fed instead. Seems like the tables finally turned.

I agree with you on Darnold. Idk if Gase ruined him or this is still a carryover from him being a bit careless in college and was never corrected. But he has to make some more throws and not fumble so much. They recovered both of them so it's not being viewed as a big of a deal to people.

And honestly, Mills looks a bit like Darnold. Made some nice throws, seems like a smart guy, was making checks, motions, etc. Semi mobile. The TD drive before the half was awesome. Stuff you expect from a QB but not necessarily a day 2 rookie against a top D. Id say he belongs, probably as a backup in the league or spot starter. But he had some bad plays and didn't connect on any deep balls besides the one to Cooks I think. Carolina D is really good though and they shut down the run. I thought Mills was in for a worse performance. He didn't turn the ball over which I was thinking he would. I'm really glad I got him in both leagues
Last edited by Jigga94 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 am

abloom wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 pm
abloom wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:54 pm

Finally first play on drive starting with about 9 left in fourth he doesn't dance and just plunges ahead for 4.

Two plays later no dancing, he runs for 12.
Another one
Chubba obvious has an account on DLF and was looking at this thread. He ran good after I pointed out his dancing to him.
I was thinking you were the RB coach :lol:

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Such a make-able throw. Clean pocket, open receiver. Good QB's make that throw. Darnold is OK, but you need to make throws like that.
Firstly, my disposition is not one of combat. So when I say hate its completely hyperbolic. I know you are just being critical which is very different than hate - I understand that. :thumbup: I also know I didnt use smileys in that last post so it might have come off as more literal than I had intended. Rest assured my tone and attitude is very casual and playful. I speak to each of ya'll like I do my friends. :lol:

Moving on, I know you made a comment based on your opinion. I am not criticizing your opinion of the throw or Darnold per se. Yes, you said he was "OK". My more simpler point is that your post expresses a limited window of opportunity to give Darnold credit for his overall progress. Maybe to you OK is progress :eh: *shrug*. I think him missing that throw by a smidge is better than him underthrowing it and it being intercepted. For me that is important because at least it shows progress. Not only that I think Darnold has shown that he is capable of learning, growing and making progress - which is really important because he has never had an opportunity to do that before. My criticism of your disposition is more about an unwillingness to highlight the good along with the bad. If the worst thing about his game was that he missed a throw, and made a few errors, but he didnt turn the ball over - Id say that warrants some credit based on where he was last year. Every QB makes some mistakes, the best QBs are the ones who best manage and minimize the mistakes. I think Darnold is OK right now too, but I think he will be good once he cleans up some stuff. Im from Philadelphia, we live for the underdogs. Maybe thats why Im so passionate. :lol: :dance:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)