Rookie QB discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rookie QB discussion

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:06 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if even more than six rookie QBs end up starting this year. Chaos!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Davis Mills is the only the 2nd Rookie QB to have 3 TDs against Belichick since 2000 (Russell Wilson is the other)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm I said he had to work on his touch. You don't think he does? What did I say that wasn't accurate about Lance? I wasn't the one who made the statements that he was throwing nothing but rockets. I just commented that he needs to work on his touch, and has a long way to go. His accuracy is a big problem, too, no doubt.
To be fair, I wrote my Rocket Man post when he was 1 for 6 for 76 yards. That play was a busted coverage, and the ball flew like a wounded duck. If there'd been any defender even remotely close to Deebo, that's incomplete - or a pick. From the Game Log, SF's Trey Lance possessions looked like this:

Punt
Punt
Fumble
Touchdown (Deebo, busted coverage)
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Touchdown (Game out of reach / Seahawks in soft zone)

Outside of that one play, it took until 4:30 remaining in the 4th Quarter (with the game at 28-13 - ie, two score game, ie mathematically out of reach - ie garbagio time) for him to put a decent drive together.
grandmabetty wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:07 pm 22 points in one half of football for lance? What the problem is?
I mean, he's going to be great as a running back. But if he can't beat teams through the air, then it won't be long before teams throw the Lamar playoff defense at him and force him to do it. He doesn't look as proficient as Lamar at avoiding hits in the running game, either - he's a much bigger, gangly-limbed guy; he's going to take a beating playing this way for sure.
The update that nobody asked for... Today's absolutely ghastly San Fran "Fightin' Trey Lance's" Possession Log:

Interception
Turnover on Downs
Turnover on Downs
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD (Deebo rush)
Turnover on Downs
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal

I'd also add that his patented "Rocket Man" balls are being launched so flat, that the DL players are getting tips aplenty on nearly every possession that he deigns to throw. For a dude that stands as tall as he does, I've never seen so many tipped balls at the line.

Rough year to be a rook in the NFL. Rougher still to not manage a singular TD for fantasy owners in a full 60 minutes of the SF / Shanahan offense. Ouch.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:59 pm

I think surrounding cast, coaching staff, etc have a large part to play in Zach Wilson's struggles. That said, has any QB started this poorly and righted the ship that anyone can remember in the past? Even if it isn't entirely his fault, it's not good for confidence, etc.

I had high hopes and I'm getting bust vibes and don't like it.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:25 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:59 pm I think surrounding cast, coaching staff, etc have a large part to play in Zach Wilson's struggles. That said, has any QB started this poorly and righted the ship that anyone can remember in the past? Even if it isn't entirely his fault, it's not good for confidence, etc.

Maybe im just remembering it being worse than it was, but Josh Allen was not good until last season. And I remember it being pretty laughable at times.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:37 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm
mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm I said he had to work on his touch. You don't think he does? What did I say that wasn't accurate about Lance? I wasn't the one who made the statements that he was throwing nothing but rockets. I just commented that he needs to work on his touch, and has a long way to go. His accuracy is a big problem, too, no doubt.
To be fair, I wrote my Rocket Man post when he was 1 for 6 for 76 yards. That play was a busted coverage, and the ball flew like a wounded duck. If there'd been any defender even remotely close to Deebo, that's incomplete - or a pick. From the Game Log, SF's Trey Lance possessions looked like this:

Punt
Punt
Fumble
Touchdown (Deebo, busted coverage)
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Touchdown (Game out of reach / Seahawks in soft zone)

Outside of that one play, it took until 4:30 remaining in the 4th Quarter (with the game at 28-13 - ie, two score game, ie mathematically out of reach - ie garbagio time) for him to put a decent drive together.
grandmabetty wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:07 pm 22 points in one half of football for lance? What the problem is?
I mean, he's going to be great as a running back. But if he can't beat teams through the air, then it won't be long before teams throw the Lamar playoff defense at him and force him to do it. He doesn't look as proficient as Lamar at avoiding hits in the running game, either - he's a much bigger, gangly-limbed guy; he's going to take a beating playing this way for sure.
The update that nobody asked for... Today's absolutely ghastly San Fran "Fightin' Trey Lance's" Possession Log:

Interception
Turnover on Downs
Turnover on Downs
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD (Deebo rush)
Turnover on Downs
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal

I'd also add that his patented "Rocket Man" balls are being launched so flat, that the DL players are getting tips aplenty on nearly every possession that he deigns to throw. For a dude that stands as tall as he does, I've never seen so many tipped balls at the line.

Rough year to be a rook in the NFL. Rougher still to not manage a singular TD for fantasy owners in a full 60 minutes of the SF / Shanahan offense. Ouch.
lol

Now do Kyler Murray’s possession log that game

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:25 am

Zach Wilson - Looked horrendous yesterday, sort of reminds me of rookie season Josh Allen so there may be hope. He has one of the strongest arms I have ever seen but his accuracy is laughably bad.
Mac Jones - He is ok, having a solid rookie season so there really isn't anything much to complain about. He is fine playing the game manager role.
Trevor Lawrence - I still have really high hopes for him but that team is a dumpster fire, he is kind of performing as I expected.
Justin Fields - Yes the Bears got the win but it didn't have much to do with him and his 20 pass attempts. If Fields ain't rushing he is pretty useless for fantasy
Trey Lance - Yikes! He saved his fantasy day with the rushing but he did not look good at all. I'm expecting Jimmy G to start when healthy
"Detective" Davis Mills - Yeah he was balling yesterday but that HAS to be because of the Patriots defense. I can't imagine he is in the legit future plans of the Texans at the moment.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:42 am

mills had the best game by any rookie so far this season, or am i forgetting something?

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:42 am mills had the best game by any rookie so far this season, or am i forgetting something?
Mills is a running gag in our circles... I said he had talent enough to be an NFL QB and landed in the perfect storm to get his chance. Can he take the job & run with it🤔likely not but I said I preferred him over Kellen Mond's situation.

Somehow that became I said he was future Pro Bowler which makes for an easy gag punch line. Especially after his all time epic horrific game the week before this. Of course that was in a driving rain against the Bills D that just made Mahomes look ordinary.

Now that being said his good stat line vs "THE GENIUS" D was a byproduct of a cpl of fluke plays that turned into big gainers. But at least he was able to go toe to toe against Belichick who usually dedtroys rookie QBs to show he can be a competent NFL QB albeit more likely as a backup. Nkt thinking he's the 2nd coming of Brady (we all know that MAC is)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:17 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:59 pm I think surrounding cast, coaching staff, etc have a large part to play in Zach Wilson's struggles. That said, has any QB started this poorly and righted the ship that anyone can remember in the past? Even if it isn't entirely his fault, it's not good for confidence, etc.

I watched the first game and I swear he looked good. But now he looks bad and is missing easy throws. It’s either a hidden injury or his confidence is completely shot, because arm strength and accuracy were his best attributes. He needs to take off and run more as well, there was a 3rd and 3 or something and he could have run for 10 yards but instead threw a yolo ball. I think it’s a combination of factors but bottom line is he doesn’t look good rn. Goff looked horrid his rookie year and came back and Wilson has much more talent than Goff so still hopeful. Lamar was not good as a passer either. I think the jets coahcing staff needs to get him to run more. Look at Darnold and Danny Dimes, both average at best qbs but look better because of their rushing.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Good news on the rookie QB Front. Zach Wilson & Trey Lance joined Trevor Lawrence as the only rookies to not throw an INT this week. :angel:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:06 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm Good news on the rookie QB Front. Zach Wilson & Trey Lance joined Trevor Lawrence as the only rookies to not throw an INT this week. :angel:
:snooty:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:05 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm Good news on the rookie QB Front. Zach Wilson & Trey Lance joined Trevor Lawrence as the only rookies to not throw an INT this week. :angel:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The lord's work. We thank you for your service.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Honestly I know a few people who hate on Wilson and Lance so much they'll somehow find a negative from their showing in week 6 whilst making excuses for every Fields play :lol: , they will forever be salty that they were taking higher than Fields.

Joking aside I actually like how Lawrence is progressing and am very bullish on him in the future, which wasn't always the case, I thought he was over hyped a fair bit coming into the year. Lance still needs time to learn which was always the case so his troubles so far really shouldn't be a shock to people, Wilson has me a touch worried but I still believe in the talent and I'm would be buying if I didn't already own him everywhere.
Fields I won't talk about as my friends blind love has turned me against him so I feel I'm biased against him which isn't his fault haha

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:12 pm

I definitely think Trevor Lawrence is the most likely to survive regardless of situation and this season has done nothing to change that for me - whether or not he'll reach his ceiling with Jacksonville remains to be seen but he'll at least be Baker Mayfield (by that I mean a safe QB2 for several years - in terms of floor & job security - no other comparison).

I am looking forward to seeing how they all progress the remainder of 2021 and forward.