Postby CGW » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Setting up nicely for a Wilson return.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Re: Elijah Mitchell thread

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am

He looked really legit this week.

Hopefully he doesn’t accidentally give Shanahan a dirty look or anything, should probably offer foot massages and chocolates to stay out of the dog house.

Would be nice if he would catch some passes but I’ll take what he’s doing for the 3rd round pick that he cost.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 am

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am He looked really legit this week.

Hopefully he doesn’t accidentally give Shanahan a dirty look or anything, should probably offer foot massages and chocolates to stay out of the dog house.

Would be nice if he would catch some passes but I’ll take what he’s doing for the 3rd round pick that he cost.
Yeah my only concern is Wilson at this point. Hasty did have 3 Rec for 15 yards but not sure it matters to Mitchell

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:30 am

Mitchell's skill set fits very well with this offense. The SF first drive showed what he is capable of in my opinion. The fact they went away from some of these successfully executed run plays was confusing to me. Perhaps there was defensive adjustments that I didn't notice.

Wilson's return may turn this into more of a time share but in my opinion, Serman is the odd man out and Mitchell is the odds on favorite to be the more valuable & consistant Rb from this backfield corp. But, as we all know, things change quickly with Shanahan.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 am

What's the crystal ball for next year looking like? Aren't most of them going to be FA?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:37 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 am What's the crystal ball for next year looking like? Aren't most of them going to be FA?
Mitchell and Sermon will be there for sure. The rest are question marks. Long term, Mitchell could prove to be a nice steal while Sermon is looking like a swing and a miss at his ADP.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:51 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 am
Nanananananana wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am He looked really legit this week.

Yeah my only concern is Wilson at this point. Hasty did have 3 Rec for 15 yards but not sure it matters to Mitchell
wilson was mainly used on 3rd downs and short yardage situations iirc, he'll probably resume that role. he'll cut into mitchell's work a bit more than hasty, but it's not a big worry for me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:39 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:51 am

wilson was mainly used on 3rd downs and short yardage situations iirc, he'll probably resume that role. he'll cut into mitchell's work a bit more than hasty, but it's not a big worry for me.
It really depends on who was out there with Wilson for SF last year. There was a really good reddit thread on the timeline of each RB that was mind boggling.

Basically what I remembered was Wilson was 3rd down, red zone when Mostert was available. But most of the other times, he took the early role and had a bulk of the carries. And he was darn good with them too. That's why I say he's my concern

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 am What's the crystal ball for next year looking like? Aren't most of them going to be FA?
All of them besides Mitchell and Sermon.

This was one of the things I contemplated when looking at both these rookies. It seemed like a messy backfield, but in reality all of the previous guys get hurt frequently and most of the backfield should vacate next season. Maybe Wilson or Hasty come back on cheap deals. They could draft another, but I doubt it would be with high investment considering how the team is shaped and after just drafting a day 2 and day 3 RB.

When Mitchell was around for me to select during all of the Sermon hype, I thought why not this guy? Hopefully it pays off

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:39 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:51 am

It really depends on who was out there with Wilson for SF last year. There was a really good reddit thread on the timeline of each RB that was mind boggling.

Basically what I remembered was Wilson was 3rd down, red zone when Mostert was available. But most of the other times, he took the early role and had a bulk of the carries. And he was darn good with them too. That's why I say he's my concern
yeah, i'm assuming mitchell plays the mostert role, which makes sense... on paper.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

RFA for Wilson.
UFA for Mostert.
ERFA for Hasty.

I would expect one of them back, maybe two, imo.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Alright guys, what's he worth? An early 2? Two rando 2's? A 1?

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:26 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 pm Alright guys, what's he worth? An early 2? Two rando 2's? A 1?
I was offered a 2nd and 3rd for him and held. I’d want a 1st for him and a 2nd
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:56 pm

I don't think he's worth a 1st. I think he's better than a 2nd. Maybe 2 x 2nds is the right price. If Jeff Wilson takes over, his value could plummet. I'm exiting on most of my 49ers these days as I'm shaken by the Aiyuk and Sermon abandonment by the coaches.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 am

The expectation by some over Wilson has me as puzzled as the excitement by some over Mike Davis before the season started. What has Wilson done that would make people think he’ll put Mitchell on the bench when he returns?

We’re talking about a guy who is built like a WR and has has as many 100+ yd rushing games in 25 games over 3 years as Mitchell has had in 4 games as a 6th round rookie - and Wilson’s 2 100+ yd rushing games were against bottom third run Ds. Mitchell was pretty much the last guy left last year when he put up his big game against a terrible NE run D.

Mitchell on the other hand has given SF exactly what they want from a RB - good solid production that keeps the offense ahead of the chains with the ability to bust off long plays. He’s averaging 4.70 ypa and has shown some pass protection ability. He’s forced Sermon to the bench (or inactive list) and is pretty much a RB that fits the SF offense very well and has the physique to take more punishment than Wilson. He absolutely has the look of a Shanahan RB.

I’m not seeing where Wilson adds anything more than solid depth to the RB corps. Explain to me why I’m wrong.