Elijah Mitchell thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Elijah Mitchell thread

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Various comments in the Trey Sermon thread, but Mitchell deserves his own thread. With Wilson already out week 1, Mostert injured during the game and Sermon inactive, Mitchell ran 19 for 104 and a tuddy. I drafted Mitchell everywhere and think he's primed.- he gets the Eagles and Packers the next two weeks, not especially fearsome run defenses.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Elijah Mitchell thread

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:56 pm

Good call on creating Elijah specific thread

Really think he could become what Mostert was & then some but even w/ Raheem you always know Shanny was going to use multiple RBs and somewhere down the line some other guy will get the bulk of the touches if they have the hot hand.

One missed blitz pickup or fumble could be enough to send Mitchell to a backseat role. But while Elijah doesn't have the experience of a Mostert neither does any of the other RB group. Going to be another 7-8 wks before Wilson or Mostert return.

Mitchell can go to the house like Mostert but might not see the holes & get through them as quickly as Mostert but he has more strength to get an extra yd or two on the tough runs. Be interesting to see who emerges as the goal line back. Don't take much from Hasty getting the TD run as it came after Mitchell's 3 runs and he was getting a breather. Did appear to be Hasty was the 3rd down back though..

Elijah looked like a decent receiver in college but maybe isn't trusted in pass protection yet.

Looking down the road for the time when Lance starts to get more involved Mitchell puts more stress on the defense than Hasty or Sermon on a RPO play. Give him 12 or so touches on the avg and I see him being a solid flex play w/ upside.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 am

Agree he gets a thread.

My worry is, when can you feel comfortable starting him? Is it all Hasty next week? When mustardsauce is back, does Mitchell see the field? Worse yet, does he see the field but something like 4 carries for 18 yards? Does Sermon take over for a game or 3?

Already turned and burned on my one copy of Sermon, drafted super early and cashed in on the 49ers lead back hype. I wonder if this game is time to churn Mitchell already.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:42 am

This may be like the Saints in the late 2000s. They drafted Antonio Pittman in the 4th round but was simply beat out by Pierre Thomas. Thomas went on to be a great RB…Pittman was cut and did nothing in the league. Where did Pittman play college ball? OSU
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:57 am

Wouldn’t it just suck if someone traded Mitchell to an opponent for a 2022 2nd rounder because they were “selling high” and then found out that Mitchell ends up being the lead RB in SF for the next few years?

Oh, that’s right - that couldn’t possibly happen because Mitchell doesn’t have enough draft capital.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:44 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:57 am Wouldn’t it just suck if someone traded Mitchell to an opponent for a 2022 2nd rounder because they were “selling high” and then found out that Mitchell ends up being the lead RB in SF for the next few years?

Oh, that’s right - that couldn’t possibly happen because Mitchell doesn’t have enough draft capital.
:clap: :clap:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:55 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:57 am Wouldn’t it just suck if someone traded Mitchell to an opponent for a 2022 2nd rounder because they were “selling high” and then found out that Mitchell ends up being the lead RB in SF for the next few years?

And this is why those people win trades more than they lose—because people get an inch and take a mile by assuming the best case scenario is within reach off one game or a hype column.

If you want to go ahead and marry a San Francisco RB, then go for it.

I'll keep saying it: The best 49ers RB is whoever is playing.

Mitchell looked good, but it's clear as day that any RB with a pulse can run in Shanahan's historically elite run scheme. If he gets hurt, then what? There's no promises he's returning to a starting role with so many RBs there. Hasty is there. Sermon may be active with Mostert out. Wilson is lurking on the IR. None of these guys are special. The system is the star.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 am

Ironic because I just sold Mitchell for a 2nd to a contender, though the 2nd was from a non contender so it’s projected early/mid in 10tm SF. I picked up Mitchell an hour before game time because I made a trade which opened a bench spot.

Last year I did this same thing with JRob and I obviously regret it. But two years prior I did it with Jaylen Samuels. I’m okay with the risk considering the carousel that is SF RBs and I fully intend on putting in a claim for hasty.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:48 am

Slackalacker wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 am
Last year I did this same thing with JRob and I obviously regret it.
Do you still regret it tho? Urban Meyer apparently hates James Robinson

Drafts a rookie RB over last year's best breakout rookie RB

Rushes Carlos freaking Hyde twice as much as Robinson in week 1
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:52 am

Best case scenario you get a 2nd ... Is that a guarantee for a guy that actually has a shot at lead RB in maybe the best running offense in the game?

Do a redraft today and tell me who goes ahead of Elijah ? M. Carter ?? ... Sermon ?? ... those guys were in the 2nd rd range along w/ Gainwell who actually was going early - mid 3rd a lot.

Last few years the 2nd rd is at best 50 / 50 for hitting on a starter caliber player (and that's being generous). And I know :roll: "it's a tool / asset to flip in attaining higher assets " So is having a starting RB that is actually already doing it while helping you win now.

Will Mitchell be the next Alf or Arian Foster that runs away & keeps the job🤔 who knows but it's right there in front of him . We're going for the ride instead of the bump up on the "frequent flyer" program

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:10 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:48 am

Sounds like a fellow bitter J. Rob GM but maybe it is possible that Urbane Meyer can humble himself and realize his team is better off serving youth (and the better player) if he wants to not be the laughing stock of the NFL coaching fraternity.

Playing the younger guys can give you an out in that you "are in a rebuild" so we suffer some lumps that will payoff in the long run. Kinda hard to sell that on a guy on his last legs as a NFL rb .

Shanny is all in WIN NOW mode as he filters in some youth that can enhance the greater potential of his offense. If you can out produce the higher paid / drafted guy(s) in practice or even better in the game he doesn't care how that makes the front look or feel.

Meyer is essentially both so he is taking the heat & rightly so. Unless his ego is that out of control he will adapt. He doesn't have the luxury of coddling his former college athletes. He already faced enough needless grief over the failed Tebow favoritism debacle.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:48 am

I mean yes to an extent but mostly based on last years result for two reasons:

1) I sold too early. Once the news broke of his getting the opportunity to start week 1 I shopped him to every team who I thought wouldn’t make the playoffs. Ended up getting what would become the 2.4 which is nice. But I know if I held onto him a few more weeks I could have easily gotten a 1st from a competitor

2) I could have desperately used him myself as a competitor. My RB room was destroyed. Barkley gone for season, Sanders almost the same, and Zeke a shell of himself with dalton and crew running the show. With JRob I would have finished better than my eventual 5th but I wanted to take the quick flip and run. Obviously I didn’t realize i would be decimated at RB and thought JRob would be a middling RB2 at best.

I get that this is dynasty and we should be focusing on the long term but at the end of the day I want to win and if you’re constantly trading win now pieces for value you are hurting your chance at winning to be better in the future. But that only works if you actually draft well and to an extent get lucky with injuries and value retention (I’m looking at you MThom). My 2.4 turned into Marshall Jr so it’s to be seen how this ends up for me long term but I know I lost out short term.

Even after all that I was put in the same scenario and made the same decision. Granted I feel more justified this time knowing how shanshan tends to use his RBs I’m not confident in any one guy long term there.

I also own Tyson and want to flip him but that’s because I believe jk and gus will be the 1-2 punch when they’re healthy next year.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:10 am

Not sure its too wise to be advocating to trade starting or even potential starting running backs during the season if you are close to being a contender. Injuries change the scope so quickly and unpredicably. The upside is a startable weekly rb, the sunk cost if it doen't work out is negligable. For rebuilding rosters, he certainly could be a sell. But, like stated above, JRob was a similar case.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 am

Id absolutely be looking to sell unless I was a very strong competitor. Sermon and Hasty will get incorporated at some point. Wilson, who Shanahan really likes, will be available in a few weeks. Sure you could hold out and maybe get a 1st like you could have with JRob, but even then everything went absolutely perfect for JRob and i'm not sure if you could get a 1st for him today.

Again, the caveat is if you are a strong competitor. If paying a 2nd(by not taking a 2nd for Mitchell) gets you the depth to win a championship this year, it's worth it every time.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:10 am Not sure its too wise to be advocating to trade starting or even potential starting running backs during the season if you are close to being a contender. Injuries change the scope so quickly and unpredicably. The upside is a startable weekly rb, the sunk cost if it doen't work out is negligable. For rebuilding rosters, he certainly could be a sell. But, like stated above, JRob was a similar case.
It really depends on your situation.

If you are in a situation where you need Mitchell to contend, then you are probably keeping him.

If you don't, it's worthwhile to explore the market and see if RB needy teams are hungry enough to give you an asset.

49ers RBs have been extremely volatile, so it's worth keeping that in mind.