General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Devin Singletary

Postby TheNuts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 am
TheNuts wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:19 pm

If Singletary is healthy, he will be the rb1 for the Bills, and it won't be particularly close
It’s always fascinating to me that guys get so invested emotionally in a player that they are willing to completely dismiss things that are happening right in front of them where everyone can see it.

From what we’re seeing right now, it’s looking like the BUF backfield could go either way and that there is a real possibility that this ends up being a 50/50 split. There’s also a real possibility that Moss is actually a better RB than Singletary - which is no knock on Singletary. He’s proven that he can produce in the NFL.

Ah, the fun of preseason speculation.
I'm not emotionally attached. It's sad that if someone says a player is going to be the main guy based purely off of info, that means he is now emotionally attached. It's fine. I got Singletary relatively cheap for a starter all over the place this year. I may go try to get him for even cheaper in the few spots I don't have him.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 am

TheNuts wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 am

If Singletary is healthy, he will be the rb1 for the Bills, and it won't be particularly close
It’s always fascinating to me that guys get so invested emotionally in a player that they are willing to completely dismiss things that are happening right in front of them where everyone can see it.

From what we’re seeing right now, it’s looking like the BUF backfield could go either way and that there is a real possibility that this ends up being a 50/50 split. There’s also a real possibility that Moss is actually a better RB than Singletary - which is no knock on Singletary. He’s proven that he can produce in the NFL.

I'm not emotionally attached. It's sad that if someone says a player is going to be the main guy based purely off of info, that means he is now emotionally attached. It's fine. I got Singletary relatively cheap for a starter all over the place this year. I may go try to get him for even cheaper in the few spots I don't have him.
If that is true, then I don’t understand your dismissing out of hand that Moss could have a significant impact on the BUF backfield workload, up to and including the possibility that he could end up being the lead back - especially given the feedback that we have seen coming out of BUF of how well he has been performing to date. Given that, there is no way to accurately assess how the workload between the two of them will shake out. You could be right, Singletary may run away with it. But it is quite possible that it could be an even split or even that Moss is the dominant RB there. There’s just no way to know right now.

So given that, unless you have some inside knowledge that no one other than the BUF coaching staff knows, I can only assume that your coming to a foregone conclusion that you have some kind of emotional tie - unless you just think all the reports out of BUF are lies, in which case I’d be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:48 am

It’s always fascinating to me that guys get so invested emotionally in a player ]that they are willing to completely dismiss things that are happening right in front of them where everyone can see it.

So you admit you have some emotional attachment.

Gotcha.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 am

There is a lot of Moss love in this thread for a guy who hasn’t done anything in even a preseason game. There is always a ton of hype on rookies in training camp. I would invest in the guy who has already flashed in the nfl and by all account worked his tail off this off season. All these posters got the guy moss in the 2nd or 3rd and now ting he’s a 3 down rb who is going to just take over the job? It’s certainly possible, but I think if that was the case he would be a mid-high round 1 rookie pick, which he isn’t. Seems like the emotional attachment is really the love for Moss.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:53 am

DJB wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:48 am

It’s always fascinating to me that guys get so invested emotionally in a player ]that they are willing to completely dismiss things that are happening right in front of them where everyone can see it.

So you admit you have some emotional attachment.

Gotcha.
I also own zero shares of mcaffery or Barkley yet i think they are both really good and will dominate the team carries. It doesn't mean i have an emotional connection. Pretty easy to grasp stuff here
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 am There is a lot of Moss love in this thread for a guy who hasn’t done anything in even a preseason game. There is always a ton of hype on rookies in training camp. I would invest in the guy who has already flashed in the nfl and by all account worked his tail off this off season. All these posters got the guy moss in the 2nd or 3rd and now ting he’s a 3 down rb who is going to just take over the job? It’s certainly possible, but I think if that was the case he would be a mid-high round 1 rookie pick, which he isn’t. Seems like the emotional attachment is really the love for Moss.
When was Singletary drafted last year?

I’ll reiterate my position (and full disclosure I am a Moss owner because I believe in the talent and drafted him at 1.13 - which is where I was targeting him before the NFL draft - rather than risk trading down and missing him) that Singletary has proven himself, but that reports out of BUF are indicating that Moss’ talent is transferring to the next level and that there is a rational basis for thinking that he’ll have a meaningful role this year. I’ll also freely acknowledge that I couldn’t begin to guess how the touches out of the backfield will be divided between the two. My issue is with those who simply dismiss Moss as being incapable of carving out a meaningful role.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:27 am

Love preseason. None of us have any idea how things will look once the season starts. Things we do know- buffalo had 456 carries last year with 156 going to singletary. Singletary looked like their best playmaker in 2019. Buf released Gore and had a shortage of RB. They drafted a guy in the 3rd to fill that need. Moss has limited practice time and 0 carries in the NFL.

Hard for me to imagine a situation where both players don't have opportunity with the 456 carries, but I prefer Singletary. If you expect either to be an RB1, you may be disappointed.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:31 am

Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC last season in 12 games 8 starts. He also had 24 receptions. It is silly to think he won't be a significant factor this season.

This could be a RBBC situation but Singletary is the safer play given he has shown he can be very effective in game situations and was gelling with Allen in the passing game. Singletary added 133 total yards in his playoff game hauling in 6 of 7 targets.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 am
thebeast wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 am There is a lot of Moss love in this thread for a guy who hasn’t done anything in even a preseason game. There is always a ton of hype on rookies in training camp. I would invest in the guy who has already flashed in the nfl and by all account worked his tail off this off season. All these posters got the guy moss in the 2nd or 3rd and now ting he’s a 3 down rb who is going to just take over the job? It’s certainly possible, but I think if that was the case he would be a mid-high round 1 rookie pick, which he isn’t. Seems like the emotional attachment is really the love for Moss.

I’ll reiterate my position (and full disclosure I am a Moss owner because I believe in the talent and drafted him at 1.13 - which is where I was targeting him before the NFL draft - rather than risk trading down and missing him) that Singletary has proven himself, but that reports out of BUF are indicating that Moss’ talent is transferring to the next level and that there is a rational basis for thinking that he’ll have a meaningful role this year. I’ll also freely acknowledge that I couldn’t begin to guess how the touches out of the backfield will be divided between the two. My issue is with those who simply dismiss Moss as being incapable of carving out a meaningful role.
I'm going to let Ice answer this for me, because he said it better than I could:
Ice wrote:Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC last season in 12 games 8 starts. He also had 24 receptions. It is silly to think he won't be a significant factor this season.

This could be a RBBC situation but Singletary is the safer play given he has shown he can be very effective in game situations and was gelling with Allen in the passing game. Singletary added 133 total yards in his playoff game hauling in 6 of 7 targets.
The reports you are hearing are based on practice, lots of it in shorts without contact, this means nothing. He may be great and he may split the workload or lead the backfield, but I wouldn't be making those projections based off of camp reports, especially not this pre-season. Singletary is by far the better bet at this point in time, you've seen him excel with the pads on in live gameplay.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:31 am Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC last season in 12 games 8 starts. He also had 24 receptions. It is silly to think he won't be a significant factor this season.

He was the Bills best player in that playoff game. 6 catches 76 yards plus 4.5 YPC. He's a factor, no doubt about it. Him and Moss will 50/50 split is my guess.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:17 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

I'm going to let Ice answer this for me, because he said it better than I could:
Ice wrote:Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC last season in 12 games 8 starts. He also had 24 receptions. It is silly to think he won't be a significant factor this season.

The reports you are hearing are based on practice, lots of it in shorts without contact, this means nothing. He may be great and he may split the workload or lead the backfield, but I wouldn't be making those projections based off of camp reports, especially not this pre-season. Singletary is by far the better bet at this point in time, you've seen him excel with the pads on in live gameplay.
I like Singletary and i agree he's probably the safer play...if you want to play it safe. But Moss has looked decent...even if it's in shorts you should take notice because Moss is WAY more physical when you put the pads on. But Moss has also showed he's solid in pass pro and he hs solid hands so they wont hesitate to put him in on passing downs. The main reason people think Moss will take GL carries is because he runs with power.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:45 pm

We are on day 10 of full contact padded practices. Recent reports are for full speed padded practices.

And no one that I have seen is stating that Singletary won’t play a significant role.

So far this year Moss has been better than Singletary at this point in time, by all the accounts out of camp. We have no idea how that carries through into the regular season, because Moss hasn’t been there yet while Singletary has. I’m just trying to put forth that it could be a real mistake to dismiss Moss because Singletary has a strong half of a season under his belt.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:45 pm

We are on day 10 of full contact padded practices. Recent reports are for full speed padded practices.

And no one that I have seen is stating that Singletary won’t play a significant role.

So far this year Moss has been better than Singletary at this point in time, by all the accounts out of camp. We have no idea how that carries through into the regular season, because Moss hasn’t been there yet while Singletary has. I’m just trying to put forth that it could be a real mistake to dismiss Moss because Singletary has a strong half of a season under his belt.
I think you should look more into what today’s nfl practices looks like. I don’t think many would characterize them as full speed. Practices these days are more about making sure players stay healthy, it just doesn’t come close to a game situation. I’m not going to argue about who could be what, my point is that I wouldn’t base my valuation of the situation on a beat writers report at this time. We’ll see what happens.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:26 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:45 pm

I think you should look more into what today’s nfl practices looks like. I don’t think many would characterize them as full speed. Practices these days are more about making sure players stay healthy, it just doesn’t come close to a game situation. I’m not going to argue about who could be what, my point is that I wouldn’t base my valuation of the situation on a beat writers report at this time. We’ll see what happens.
I guess that explains why there are so few injuries this year. And I barely listen to beat writers. They for the greater majority were journalism majors, not jocks. Most of them have no idea what they’re looking at but like to pretend they do.

But thanks for the advice.

Benchwarmer101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Benchwarmer101 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Moss has a higher floor game by game. But Moss is a very violent (slowish) runner. We’ve seen over and over that the guys who lower their shoulder typically just don’t last. He’s not elusive and tends more towards taking contact and dragging people with him. That won’t be as easy in the NFL. The Bills will limit his touches if they are smart. Game pace/weather will dictate who’s in but expect Moss to be dinged up a lot. That’s just the type of runner he is.
Team 1
12 team Superflex TE premium 23 roster 3 taxi 3 IR, 10 starters 1QB, 2-4RB, 3-6WR, 1-Superflex 1-4TE
2022 2.11, 3.11,
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Zach Wilson, Mills, Haskins,
RB: McCaffrey Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Dillon, E Mitchel, Jamal Williams, Darrel Williams, K Vaughn, L Perine
WR: D.J. Moore, Locket, Dionte Johnson, Jeudy, D Samuel, Edwards, Bateman, Harry, Mooney, DPJ, Osborn, D Brown
TE: Andrews, Jonu Smith, L Thomas, Harrison Bryant, Gray

Team 2
12 team Superflex TE premium .5 first downs 30 man roster 2 IR 10 starters 1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1TE 3 Flex 1 Superflex
QB Ryan, Tannehill, T Taylor, Lock,
RB Elliot, Mixon, James Robinson, Mostert, Fournette, McKinnon, Penny, Dallas, Pollard, Gainwell, Herbert,
WR Mclaurin, Marquis Brown, Thielen, Locket, Sutton, Boyd, Harry, Edwards, Myers, V Jefferson, Josh Palmer
TE Waller, Gaskins, Ertz, Tonyan, Shultz, Conklin