Devin Singletary - Ready to Blast Off!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Devin Singletary - Ready to Blast Off!!

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:12 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 am There he goes 👀
YEP!

And Moss got three touches, promptly fumbled, hasn't touched the ball since. It's like even he wants Singletary to be the main guy.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Next Gen stat of the game: Bills RB Devin Singletary reached a speed of 20.29 mph on his 46-yard TD run.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:25 am

I’ll be honest, I wrote singletary off as mainly a roster clogger.

The last 4 weeks of the regular season he really dominated the backfield, and If that continues, I think he can be a major FF RB next year. I’ve noticed basically no discussion about this, despite him seemingly finally firmly overtaking Moss.

Anyone have any hope he’s still the bell cow next year?
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:09 am

SteelLake wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:25 am I’ll be honest, I wrote singletary off as mainly a roster clogger.

The last 4 weeks of the regular season he really dominated the backfield, and If that continues, I think he can be a major FF RB next year. I’ve noticed basically no discussion about this, despite him seemingly finally firmly overtaking Moss.

Anyone have any hope he’s still the bell cow next year?
As someone who cut him in a keeper league the offseason following the 2020 season, and who drafted him in two 2021 redraft leagues, I maintain minimum anticipation he will be a RB2 in 2022. I'm not even considering him to be a RB1.

Singletary has looked very good these past four weeks (and carried me to one non-playoff bowl championship), but honestly I saw the exact same from him in one or two-game spurts the previous two seasons. I don't think it's a problem with him - I think it is entirely based on how the coaches use him. When they give him ~18+ touches a game, he looks like a solid fantasy RB2. When the coaches put him in a RBBC, Singletary is barely a flex player.

Based on how this coaching staff has utilized Singletary across three complete seasons, I have very little faith they will pencil him in as a 20-touch RB going into 2022.

If I had him rostered I'd probably hold. If I didn't have him, I wouldn't be in a hurry to spend a lot to acquire him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:36 am

Hes a solid, likely cheap, RB2/RB3. Unfortunately, we've likely seen his ceiling due to the system in Buffalo, barring a major change of scheme. Hes not someone I could trust as an RB1 or really even my RB2.

He looks fantastic when they give him volume. That's been the case for three years now. He is one of the best play makers and its evident when watching Bills games.. But between their usage of Allen in short yardage/goal line situations and their desire to include a power back like Moss as an RBBC will limit his upside.

Who knows, maybe they continue this new trend of featuring him into the playoffs and then dont bring in anyone else in the offseason.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:15 am

He looks the same as he always has. He’s always been an affective running back who has always looked pretty good. The difference is now he’s getting the touches. It’s important to remember that for most running back’s it’s all about touches. There are very few special guys who are going to be able to be successful with 10 to 15 touches a game.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 am

I have the 1.06 and 2.05 this year. Singletary wasn’t retained. Is he worth either of those picks? I could use help at RB.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:10 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 am I have the 1.06 and 2.05 this year. Singletary wasn’t retained. Is he worth either of those picks? I could use help at RB.
The 2.05 would be about right.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:12 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:10 am
j4pac wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 am I have the 1.06 and 2.05 this year. Singletary wasn’t retained. Is he worth either of those picks? I could use help at RB.
The 2.05 would be about right.
Depending on what other vets are floating around 2.5 sounds good

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:56 am

1.6 def! ;)

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:42 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:56 am 1.6 def! ;)
Where would you slot Singletary compared to the rookies? Is he comparable to James Cook? Between Cook and the next tier? Or is he equivalent to the slew of other 2nd round rookie RBs that are pretty much dart throws

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:53 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:42 am
Where would you slot Singletary compared to the rookies? Is he comparable to James Cook? Between Cook and the next tier? Or is he equivalent to the slew of other 2nd round rookie RBs that are pretty much dart throws
James cook currently goes as a late 1st, early 2nd. I'm not paying the price there for cook, but that's where he goes. I'd have him with Spiller, White and Pierce in the next tier of hopefuls.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:06 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:53 am
j4pac wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:42 am
James cook currently goes as a late 1st, early 2nd. I'm not paying the price there for cook, but that's where he goes. I'd have him with Spiller, White and Pierce in the next tier of hopefuls.
I can’t help but to agree. I considered Cook at 1.06 but just can’t do it. He has OK talent but he’s nothing special. He is undersized, which I wouldn’t care about if he did more on tape. I don’t care if McCaffrey is a similar size…Cook isn’t McCaffrey. I also wonder if the landing spot is overblown. Allen looks down field or takes off…he doesn’t dump off much. Maybe that’ll change once Cook is there but I’m skeptical. I think it’s much more likely that Cook is McKissic than McCaffrey…and that is a 2nd round pick. I’d still take him above the other round 2 RBs. I’m not a huge Singletary fan…but he is clearly their RB1 right now and has proven he can play in the league…unlikely the rookies. I think that Singletary is my pick at 2.05 if he’s there, but I’m sure others are also considering him. I’ll save 1.06 for a good WR (Olave, Wilson, Williams…whatever falls) though it’s not a need

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:19 am

Singletary is in the last year of his contract and is on very thin ice in Buffalo. He has been fortunate that the Bills haven't found his replacement but they are looking hard and think they found him in Cook.

I would not be spending a draft pick on him before the 3rd round. He isn't clearly anything but a FA next season.

The Bills are looking to a run a high octane fast offense. Singletary is not that. He plays hard and will make a decent backup next season for a team not named Buffalo. The odds the Bills resign him are below 5% IMO. They spend in other areas and draft RB's.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:37 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:19 am Singletary is in the last year of his contract and is on very thin ice in Buffalo. He has been fortunate that the Bills haven't found his replacement but they are looking hard and think they found him in Cook.

I would not be spending a draft pick on him before the 3rd round. He isn't clearly anything but a FA next season.

The Bills are looking to a run a high octane fast offense. Singletary is not that. He plays hard and will make a decent backup next season for a team not named Buffalo. The odds the Bills resign him are below 5% IMO. They spend in other areas and draft RB's.
I agree, Singletary will be gone next season. But a mid to late 2nd is the price it costs to get the starting RB on a decent offense, even for one year rental. I'm not suggesting buying him in a rebuild, but Singletary is good depth for a playoff team that will likely get no benefit out of the rest of the mid to late 2nd dart throws in this class either.