The Antonio Gibson Wager Thread --- WINNERS: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: The Antonio Gibson Wager Thread --- BETS ARE OPEN UNTIL 9/9 @ 8PM

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:15 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:58 am Time to call you out @DLF_Mikeh :lol:

If you really don't believe in an RB's talent top 10 is too much of a hedge in your favor. Given the age difference between Gibson and the possible RBs that could finish ahead of him (Saquon, CMC, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, Carson); If you really don't believe in his talent the threshold should be around 16, not 10. :nono:

And I'd easily put Gibson in the top 16 with the potential to finish top 5 (like all of these running backs could...). That would make him considerably more valuable than a lot of these age 25+ RBs
Hmm ok. I want to digest this reply and see what comes out the other end. :)

You're saying that the threshold should be far bigger than 10, because if I make this big post and then say he's more of an RB13, I'm not really making a bold proclamation, right?

That's totally fair, and I 100% agree with you. The problem is that Gibson wasn't my original pick, it was Akers, but the injury killed the thread and I spent weeks trying to figure out someone else to throw in. The best I could do is Gibson because I'm lower on him than the average. Not perfect, not even ideal, but it'll do.

It's just a fun little game in which I'm going to attempt to crush everyone on :lol:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:14 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:15 am
Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:58 am Time to call you out @DLF_Mikeh :lol:

If you really don't believe in an RB's talent top 10 is too much of a hedge in your favor. Given the age difference between Gibson and the possible RBs that could finish ahead of him (Saquon, CMC, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, Carson); If you really don't believe in his talent the threshold should be around 16, not 10. :nono:

And I'd easily put Gibson in the top 16 with the potential to finish top 5 (like all of these running backs could...). That would make him considerably more valuable than a lot of these age 25+ RBs
Hmm ok. I want to digest this reply and see what comes out the other end. :)

You're saying that the threshold should be far bigger than 10, because if I make this big post and then say he's more of an RB13, I'm not really making a bold proclamation, right?

That's totally fair, and I 100% agree with you. The problem is that Gibson wasn't my original pick, it was Akers, but the injury killed the thread and I spent weeks trying to figure out someone else to throw in. The best I could do is Gibson because I'm lower on him than the average. Not perfect, not even ideal, but it'll do.

It's just a fun little game in which I'm going to attempt to crush everyone on :lol:
Well, you certainly have skewed the odds well in your favor. Not that it matters - it’s a sig line bet and all in good fun. If there were something actually of value at stake, say money, only a fool would take the top 10 side straight up, even if they firmly believed they were on the right side. I’d guess the money line would probably land somewhere around +240 or so.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:37 am

TBH Swift would have been a good thread too. No one agrees on him and its truly 50/50 on wether he can even be a RB1. Gibson has a ton of hype, way too much if you ask me and i have him on my team.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:22 pm

No, and I’ll say RB 21 finish.

* Bold Extra Credit *
The amount of points that separates Gibson’s total vs a top 10 finish is GREATER than the amount of points that separates J. Patterson from Gibson’s total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: The Antonio Gibson Wager Thread --- BETS ARE OPEN UNTIL TODAY 9/9 @ 8PM

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:31 am

If everyone were to stay healthy and play the whole season, I'd guess RB21.

With injuries to account for, I'm going to guess RB18.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:31 am If everyone were to stay healthy and play the whole season, I'd guess RB21.

With injuries to account for, I'm going to guess RB18.

Mike, I love you and enjoy everything you do here, but 21?!?!?

im not planting my flag or anything, but 21, that's a complete fail for Gibson lol

you have to think a Ron Rivera RB will finish better than that.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:57 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 am Mike, I love you and enjoy everything you do here, but 21?!?!?

im not planting my flag or anything, but 21, that's a complete fail for Gibson lol

you have to think a Ron Rivera RB will finish better than that.
I think they are planning for a run at the playoffs. A 17 week schedule is brutal for one RB to endure. JD McKissic is more than capable on passing downs, and I think the emergence of Patterson is going to allow coaches to sub Gibson more frequently this season.

Washington's passing attack last year was on the low side of the league. Multiple subpar QBs and injured WRs -- including a season-long hobbling McLaurin -- made it so the offense was one-dimensional.

Gibson was fed more last year than I think he will be this year for those reasons mentioned above. Plus he's not a natural RB out of college, and RBs entering their sophomore season tend to have a slump. Add it all up, and I think everyone's expectations are far too high on this kid.

RB21 would be if everyone was healthy all year long. I think WFT will work to keep Gibson safe and injury free or else I'd go even lower.

So yeah, RB18.

EDIT: PLUS I forgot to mention that his turf toe was so bad he had off-season surgery, which was still bothering him as late as June or July. He claims it's not bothering him now, but I'm not as confident. An injury such as this should not linger this long.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 am

#18 to #21 :lol: :crazy:

He missed almost 3 games last year and was better than that.

Credibility or sanity is a real issue 8-) .... At some point, talent should enter into your valuation. You do know Rivera is the coach......right?

In all seriousness, at least you have a position so there is that :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:42 pm

Good Luck Everybody
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:46 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:42 pm Good Luck Everybody
:thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Antonio Gibson Wager Thread --- WAGERS LOCKED! GOOD LUCK!

Postby abloom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am

So RB25ish right now after week 1?
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:51 am

abloom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am So RB25ish right now after week 1?
And now he's 18.6 points through two games, a 9.3 average.

His week one usage was not what I expected with 23 touches, but his week two was with 13 rushes and 2 targets. JD McKissic makes that offense more dynamic than Gibson as we saw vs the Giants. They have more reliable pass-catchers now, and when Curtis Samuel comes back I think the air attack will be an even bigger priority. I also think the emergence of Patterson will eventually eat into Gibson's workload, but that'll take some time.

That said, Gibson could have easily had a touchdown in week one which would have put him into the 13th spot. That's kind of fluky that it didn't happen. His week two output, however, was not a fluke. I expect more production similar to week two than I do to week one.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 am

Disappointing, but too early to make the call yet. What makes this look worse than it really is is the lack of TDs.

Gibson has 180yds through two games. Over 17 games that's 1500+ combined RuRcv yds. Yardage wise, that is T10RB production. Not to mention the 4.8ypc so far this year would have placed Gibson 9th in that category for 2020 starting RBs. As the TDs start adding up, the fretting will recede.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 amGibson has 180yds through two games. Over 17 games that's 1500+ combined RuRcv yds. Yardage wise, that is T10RB production. Not to mention the 4.8ypc so far this year would have placed Gibson 9th in that category for 2020 starting RBs.
If the schedule was all Chargers/Giants from here on out, absolutely. :)

Bills coming up next, which is a defense I am very excited about. I wouldn't expect much here from Gibson, so of course he'll score two touchdowns. :dance:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:15 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 amGibson has 180yds through two games. Over 17 games that's 1500+ combined RuRcv yds. Yardage wise, that is T10RB production. Not to mention the 4.8ypc so far this year would have placed Gibson 9th in that category for 2020 starting RBs.
If the schedule was all Chargers/Giants from here on out, absolutely. :)

Bills coming up next, which is a defense I am very excited about. I wouldn't expect much here from Gibson, so of course he'll score two touchdowns. :dance:
Do you think the Chargers and Giants are bad run Ds?