General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm More I look at it more I believe hate for the 2022 class is just from laziness because the top players don't go to the same top few schools

Treylon Burks at Alabama would be getting a half step below Chase level hype and DK comparisons
There's always value in a draft no matter how weak it looks on paper. This class doesn't look nearly as strong as the last few, but it's guaranteed that there will be at least a few hits.

WR always seems like the default strength of classes these days, but this doesn't look like an elite group so far.

2023 seems to be the class to load up for.
Agree to disagree

Looks very similar to 2021 to me (ie not strong but not weak)
Chase, Smith, and Waddle all went Top 10. I don't see three Top 10 WRs here. Is the best prospect even as good as Bateman?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:44 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am

There's always value in a draft no matter how weak it looks on paper. This class doesn't look nearly as strong as the last few, but it's guaranteed that there will be at least a few hits.

WR always seems like the default strength of classes these days, but this doesn't look like an elite group so far.

Agree to disagree

Chase, Smith, and Waddle all went Top 10. I don't see three Top 10 WRs here. Is the best prospect even as good as Bateman?
True there is no Chase

I grant that. No Pitts either

I'd rather have a couple WRs than Smith and Waddle personally

I guess I just never saw it with those guys

Early to say draft capital but I can see a couple go top 15ish

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:54 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:30 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm More I look at it more I believe hate for the 2022 class is just from laziness because the top players don't go to the same top few schools

Treylon Burks at Alabama would be getting a half step below Chase level hype and DK comparisons
Burks was always a top candidate for WR1 in this class. He was the WR1 in this class last year by guys like Ray Garvin. The class is still pretty weak.
I'm saying he would be (rightfully) seen as one of the best prospects of the last few years if he was playing on Alabama catching passes from Mac Jones, Tua and Bryce Young

Drake London too

It's "weak" in the sense that the top guys don't go to the schools people want them to go to IMO
I think it's more that it lacks depth, and the top RB's aren't as good a prospect as we've had the last few classes. 2020 at least. I thought last years RB class was terrible. QB class is really weak, too, and I am assuming at this stage of the game most play SF. Not sure there is an elite prospect at any position, either. FWIW, I was not huge on the 2021 class, myself, and felt some of the QB's, despite the draft capital, were over rated.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am

Burks was always a top candidate for WR1 in this class. He was the WR1 in this class last year by guys like Ray Garvin. The class is still pretty weak.
I'm saying he would be (rightfully) seen as one of the best prospects of the last few years if he was playing on Alabama catching passes from Mac Jones, Tua and Bryce Young

Drake London too

It's "weak" in the sense that the top guys don't go to the schools people want them to go to IMO
I think it's more that it lacks depth, and the top RB's aren't as good a prospect as we've had the last few classes. 2020 at least. I thought last years RB class was terrible. QB class is really weak, too, and I am assuming at this stage of the game most play SF. Not sure there is an elite prospect at any position, either. FWIW, I was not huge on the 2021 class, myself, and felt some of the QB's, despite the draft capital, were over rated.
Agreed. There's not really a big selling point for this class. WR might be fine, but no elite prospect. RB is meh. TE is meh, though I like Wydermyer. QB doesn't look promising, though Corral is raising his stock.

The player I was most excited about, George Pickens, hasn't even played yet.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:54 am

Drake London too

Agreed. There's not really a big selling point for this class. WR might be fine, but no elite prospect. RB is meh. TE is meh, though I like Wydermyer. QB doesn't look promising, though Corral is raising his stock.

The player I was most excited about, George Pickens, hasn't even played yet.
Don't think he will, either. I know he wants to, but he tore his ACL in March. I am not sure it would be wise for him to return inside 9 months. I think it would hurt him more than anything. He should probably declare, seeing as the class is fairly weak. I'd imagine even with the lost year he'd be a 2nd round pick.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Got some nice WRs.

Treylon Burks, David Bell are prospects on the level of DJ Moore and Rashod Bateman.

Garrett Wilson is probably around a Calvin Ridley level prospect.

Havent seen enough from these other receivers but I’m already sold on those 3 likely being 1st/early 2nd round picks.

RBs are shaping up to be better than 2021, as well. Hall, Spiller, Charbonnet all have elite upside depending on how they test… and there is a lot more depth at the position with late day 2 prospects — Borghi, Verdell + whoever emerges.

QB is a wasteland… Malik, Strong, Howell, Rattler, Corrall are interesting.. but I have no strong convictions in any of them being surefire NFL starters.

Might be a good class to lob 2nd round dart throws at QB.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:30 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:46 pm Got some nice WRs.

Treylon Burks, David Bell are prospects on the level of DJ Moore and Rashod Bateman.

Garrett Wilson is probably around a Calvin Ridley level prospect.

Havent seen enough from these other receivers but I’m already sold on those 3 likely being 1st/early 2nd round picks.

RBs are shaping up to be better than 2021, as well. Hall, Spiller, Charbonnet all have elite upside depending on how they test… and there is a lot more depth at the position with late day 2 prospects — Borghi, Verdell + whoever emerges.

QB is a wasteland… Malik, Strong, Howell, Rattler, Corrall are interesting.. but I have no strong convictions in any of them being surefire NFL starters.

Might be a good class to lob 2nd round dart throws at QB.
Don't see it with Borghi. I am not sure about Spiller, either. A lot seem to like him, but I find it really difficult to get into him. Not sure if it's the fact it's the visual of his legs looking rather long and akward, but there is just something lacking when I watch him play. I'm not saying he's bad, just have trouble seeing a guy bordering on a first round pick as some suggest. Kenneth Walker looks the part as a runner, but they never throw him passes. He made a decent hands catch for a TD a few weeks back, but is it the offenses he's been in, or do they know something we don't, that he has trouble with the ball in the air? He'll have to show that at the combine and pro day for sure, because in today's NFL, that's what teams are looking for, as well as the ability to take hand offs.

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:45 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am

Agree to disagree

Smiths and Waddles profiles were average even with top 10 capital.

Burks, London, Bell and Wilson > Smith and Waddle assuming second round capital or better IMO.

Probably even Ross to be honest (and Pickens if he declares).

RB does look weak but Hall and Charbonnet look as good a prospects as Williams last year. Spiller has the production and size.

Not much of a film guy but Jashuan Corbin looks like he has some juice at 6” 215 pounds, he’s having a good year (Senior but that doesn’t matter as much for RB). Walker as well.

It’s not that bad IMO.

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Wandale Robinson and Jalen Cropper both having productive years as juniors, BMI is going to be an issue if your into that kind of thing but the numbers are good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Another big day on the ground for Walker with no receptions. :think:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 pm

Just heard this stat- Sam Howell with 82 career passing TDs at UNC. Only four QBs in conference history have 80 or more- Taj Boyd, Philip Rivers, Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:48 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 pm Just heard this stat- Sam Howell with 82 career passing TDs at UNC. Only four QBs in conference history have 80 or more- Taj Boyd, Philip Rivers, Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence.
People in the dynasty community seem to have written him off as the next Baker but I think he’s much more dynamic. Best QB in next year’s draft IMO, maybe people are just not ready for a Korean QB :)

He’s averaging 57 yards rushing this year.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:04 am

wasn't the year of mahomes and deshaun supposed to be a bad year at Qb?
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Dynos wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:04 am wasn't the year of mahomes and deshaun supposed to be a bad year at Qb?
Yep it was considered a bad QB class (Mahomes was rated a late 1st/early 2nd type until the week of the draft) with everyone looking ahead to 2018's elite talents of Darnold and Rosen lol

Yet time and time again no one seems to learn that we aren't very good at predicting the strength of classes

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:45 am

Predictions have proven to be predictions