Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:04 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 pm I'm starting to get lite Zach Wilson vibes from Matt Corral

Want to see how he handles the SEC slate but he might be my guy from the QB slate

Like Willis but he is rather landing spot development

Howell can be a good QB in real life but he's not necessarily the type of guy I'm shooting for in fantasy
Not sure that's a good thing right now. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:00 am Breece with 22/100/2, but still not the gawdy numbers I was expecting after last year. 4.0 YPC through 3 games, too. Haven't seen the games, wondering how bad the OL is.
FWIW, the two 1-yd TD runs brought down his YPC :think:

And I stand corrected - Monty was a 3rd Rd pick, not 2nd.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:45 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:49 am nothing to add, but love this about this site. So many people with knowledge of players in mainstream media and beyond.
Same. I barely follow college at all. I'll do some amateur film review of top prospects (usually all round 1 players and some day 2 RB) once they declare and then I'll go through more thoroughly once the draft concludes.

That said, I always notice some other players, especially at the big schools in future classes. Breece Hall being one and the 2 OSU WR in Olave and Wilson both stood out to me as well. Hall looked like a very good runner and is performing well so far it seems. He's got good cuts and some subtle burst. Does anyone else think he runs upright too much? I'm not saying he has to get low and welcome contact but this caught my attention and wanted to ask

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm

More I look at it more I believe hate for the 2022 class is just from laziness because the top players don't go to the same top few schools

Treylon Burks at Alabama would be getting a half step below Chase level hype and DK comparisons

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:41 pm

I remember last season about now thinking there would be 2 top RBs in 2021(Najee and Etienne) and 2-3 day 2 RBs. Pretty accurate. I sold my likely late 1sts where I had them and needed RB, and was happy with that decision.

Any guesses now how many day 2 and better RBs there are likely to be in 2022? Probably no 1st rounders, right?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:16 pm

dondickenson wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:41 pm I remember last season about now thinking there would be 2 top RBs in 2021(Najee and Etienne) and 2-3 day 2 RBs. Pretty accurate. I sold my likely late 1sts where I had them and needed RB, and was happy with that decision.

Any guesses now how many day 2 and better RBs there are likely to be in 2022? Probably no 1st rounders, right?
Me personally I see like 6 RBs going in the first two days

Keep in mind though that some of these are are NOT RBs you want to be chasing for fantasy (think Darrynton Evans going to Tennessee or Lynn Bowden to the Raiders as the 11 RBs that went in 2020's first two days)

Spiller would be my fringe 1st/2nd rounder with Hall and Charbonnet as other 2nd rounders

Harder to say after that but I think Kyren Williams is in the late 2nd/3rd round range with another couple 3rd rounders likely to emerge (Kenneth Walker, Zonovan Knight, Jerrion Ealy are some candidates to keep an eye on)

Right now personally I like Spiller and Charbonnet a lot and am cool (think they're fine and properly rated but not going out of my way to target them) on Hall and Williams.

Some intriguing things about the others but I don't think their draft capital is as locked in as the others so hesitant to make clear judgements

Also need to wait to see Graham Barfield's yards created metric come out (I love the process and take it into account) as well as Lance Zeirlein's film grades (RB is a film based position and I am not a particularly good film scout--Zerilein's grades if you look years past have been damn good in identifying good RBs--including some that even the NFL missed like Jordan Howard)

Athletic testing for RBs is also pretty significant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:00 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:16 pm
dondickenson wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:41 pm I remember last season about now thinking there would be 2 top RBs in 2021(Najee and Etienne) and 2-3 day 2 RBs. Pretty accurate. I sold my likely late 1sts where I had them and needed RB, and was happy with that decision.

Me personally I see like 6 RBs going in the first two days

Keep in mind though that some of these are are NOT RBs you want to be chasing for fantasy (think Darrynton Evans going to Tennessee or Lynn Bowden to the Raiders as the 11 RBs that went in 2020's first two days)

Spiller would be my fringe 1st/2nd rounder with Hall and Charbonnet as other 2nd rounders

Harder to say after that but I think Kyren Williams is in the late 2nd/3rd round range with another couple 3rd rounders likely to emerge (Kenneth Walker, Zonovan Knight, Jerrion Ealy are some candidates to keep an eye on)

Right now personally I like Spiller and Charbonnet a lot and am cool (think they're fine and properly rated but not going out of my way to target them) on Hall and Williams.

Some intriguing things about the others but I don't think their draft capital is as locked in as the others so hesitant to make clear judgements

Also need to wait to see Graham Barfield's yards created metric come out (I love the process and take it into account) as well as Lance Zeirlein's film grades (RB is a film based position and I am not a particularly good film scout--Zerilein's grades if you look years past have been damn good in identifying good RBs--including some that even the NFL missed like Jordan Howard)

Athletic testing for RBs is also pretty significant
I like Breece more than Spiller. I don't think there is any first round RB next year, personally.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm More I look at it more I believe hate for the 2022 class is just from laziness because the top players don't go to the same top few schools

Treylon Burks at Alabama would be getting a half step below Chase level hype and DK comparisons
Burks was always a top candidate for WR1 in this class. He was the WR1 in this class last year by guys like Ray Garvin. The class is still pretty weak.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm More I look at it more I believe hate for the 2022 class is just from laziness because the top players don't go to the same top few schools

Burks was always a top candidate for WR1 in this class. He was the WR1 in this class last year by guys like Ray Garvin. The class is still pretty weak.
Burks is not a Chase level prospect because he doesn’t have those kind of stats( he’s also not playing with Burrow). He is definitely a DK Metcalf- type prospect, raw true freak athlete. This reciever class is going to be really deep.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:37 am

For me the big story of today is how Matt Corral looks against Alabama. He is really poised to be the number one pick in the draft this year if he continues on his trajectory. That’s a big if because he’s going to be playing a really tough schedule going forward.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 am

There's always value in a draft no matter how weak it looks on paper. This class doesn't look nearly as strong as the last few, but it's guaranteed that there will be at least a few hits.

WR always seems like the default strength of classes these days, but this doesn't look like an elite group so far.

2023 seems to be the class to load up for.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 am

There's always value in a draft no matter how weak it looks on paper. This class doesn't look nearly as strong as the last few, but it's guaranteed that there will be at least a few hits.

WR always seems like the default strength of classes these days, but this doesn't look like an elite group so far.

2023 seems to be the class to load up for.
Agree to disagree

Looks very similar to 2021 to me (ie not strong but not weak)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:28 am

Nanananananana wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:35 am

Burks is not a Chase level prospect because he doesn’t have those kind of stats( he’s also not playing with Burrow). He is definitely a DK Metcalf- type prospect, raw true freak athlete. This reciever class is going to be really deep.
I agree which is why I mean if he was at Alabama he'd be getting obscene hype catching passes from Mac Jones and Bryce Young

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:30 am

I'm saying he would be (rightfully) seen as one of the best prospects of the last few years if he was playing on Alabama catching passes from Mac Jones, Tua and Bryce Young

Drake London too

It's "weak" in the sense that the top guys don't go to the schools people want them to go to IMO

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:34 am

No interest in Spiller. Every time I watch him I wonder why people think that he’ll even be drafted in the first three rounds. Pretty much a poor mans David Montgomery.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave