Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Back in January I stated Kadarius Toney looked like a stud, and there was a Clueless Ranter on this forum that responded to my statement with, and I quote "intellectually destitute and not worth conversing with".

The same Clueless Ranter at the time was very curious and interest in Tamorrian Terry.

Sometimes yo can't make this sh..up...

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:42 pm

What a day for Toney! He sure looks good with average and bad QBs.

I hope the Giants draft a QB early next year, and get more than a game with a healthy Saquon.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:42 pm What a day for Toney! He sure looks good with average and bad QBs.

I hope the Giants draft a QB early next year, and get more than a game with a healthy Saquon.
Probably would have gone over 200 had he not been ejected, still about 6 and a half to play when he left.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm

He's looked really good. Interesting change of pace given that the majority of us and the fantasy community were very low on him

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm He's looked really good. Interesting change of pace given that the majority of us and the fantasy community were very low on him
The FF community snobbery was in full effect with Toney. Most people thought they knew better. I mean, look a the original post here. As he said, not only him, but pretty much everybody "knew" he was "trash". He was routinely passed over for the likes of St Brown, Michael Carter etc etc etc.

As a result, he may end up being a huge value to those who ended up with him in the mid/late 2nd or later in some cases.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm He's looked really good. Interesting change of pace given that the majority of us and the fantasy community were very low on him
The FF community snobbery was in full effect with Toney. Most people thought they knew better. I mean, look a the original post here. As he said, not only him, but pretty much everybody "knew" he was "trash". He was routinely passed over for the likes of St Brown, Michael Carter etc etc etc.

As a result, he may end up being a huge value to those who ended up with him in the mid/late 2nd or later in some cases.
His profile is basically the poster child for red flags from an analytical aspect. Even his route success in college was statistically bad. So, all of this happening right now is extremely surprising.

I honestly can't think of a comparison for it.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm

His profile is basically the poster child for red flags from an analytical aspect. Even his route success in college was statistically bad. So, all of this happening right now is extremely surprising.

I honestly can't think of a comparison for it.
When I watched Toney, he looked like a stud to me. When I read a college review by a respected college analyst, it stated he got open at will in college. But then I read this route success article about him, and you'd think he is a trash player. Something doesn't seem to add up about his analysis as a college player.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:29 pm

He's lightning in a bottle short field and most people overlooked that. Draft capital usually always rules. That said I think he's what NYG desperately needs right now. An offensive weapon. Who knows what that situation is like next week, year, etc. Let's see if he gets consistent opportunity now. I remember plenty of weapons in NYG coming and going.

nameless91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nameless91 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Got him with the 3.02 in a 10 team league. Played him this week too because it's start 15 with PPFD and efficiency bonuses.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:02 pm

nameless91 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:55 pm Got him with the 3.02 in a 10 team league. Played him this week too because it's start 15 with PPFD and efficiency bonuses.
What is an efficiency bonus?

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:24 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:51 am
PR0v3 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:20 am Not sure why I’m seeing Tyreek comps, he looks much more similar to a Michael Thomas/Keenan Allen type to me. It’s fairly evident he has the potential to be a target hog in the short/intermediate as it’s near impossible to keep up with his first step, and I don’t see great long speed with him either. I don’t see the “gadget guy” in him, I see a guy who is going to command a heavy volume of level 1/2 targets and be a PPR machine. He’s going to make a killing on slant routes and YAC, he’s gaining heaps separation before he’s even five yards downfield.
I see what you see. He's like a mixture between Keenan Allen and Dante Hall for me. If his route running improves, this kid could be quite amazing in time. Watching him with the ball in his hands is absolutely stunning.
I take back my Allen/MT comps, the athleticism he showed today was next level. Not sure there is a direct comparison, he is a very unique talent.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:35 pm

The best part about Toney is all of my winning teams getting him for cheap at the backend of the 2nd. TYVM sheeples

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:46 pm

It's cool to see them creating plays for him. He was a HS QB, and the had a run play and pass play today too (whick Booker dropped). You may get the odd TD pass from him to help your FF score at some point. Here's all his catches, and carries/pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuD4z9FltWE

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 am

He was stopped at the one yard line twice. And defenders routinely took the wrong angle on him, underestimating his speed. It was fun to watch that clip.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:07 am

I was wrong on him. Looks great. I am a gator fan so saw a decent amount of him in college.