General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:34 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:19 am What isn't a red flag for this guy:

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/14 ... 91840?s=20
Meh, tons of players voice frustrations publicly after a loss. Not ideal, and show a bit of lack of maturity. Not a good look for sure, though. He should be focused on what he can do to get more involved, after missing so much time. Can't imagine a guy like Judge likes it much, because of how he coaches.(See below) He said a few things to voice his frustration, and followed it up with this. “Early on, I really just expect to really contribute as much as I can to the team,” he said. “There is not a really definite answer, I guess you could say. You’ve just got to go with the flow, I guess.”

I don't think it's really a major issue. No more than Dobbins liking the tweet saying he shouldn't have been playing in the pre-season.

"safety Jabrill Peppers expressed frustration in his Week 1 role. During Thursday’s loss, wide receiver Kenny Golladay was seen yelling at quarterback Daniel Jones on the sideline late in the game."

I think Joe Judge is a bad HC. Reminds me a lot of another former NE guy, Patricia. Finds ways to lose games. His attitude for a guy who has never been a HC doesn't rub players well, either, it seems. Running laps on drops, etc. I don't think he has control of that locker room. Not dismissing the attitude of Toney, but it doesn't seem like he's the only guy with issues.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:38 am

Yeah I think we see a lot of capable OC and DC coming out of New England - but not many of them seem like they can become successful Head Coaches.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/new ... 4lmcrk85pw

Anyways agree - not an ideal look for Toney - but long term it wont affect him as long as he can develop and work on his game. He'll (hopefully) learn how to better find outlets for his frustrations.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:01 am

The Giants offense looked great late. Some of these guys must be the ultimate "me" receivers, looking for touches, not worried about team success. The game was lost on a Slayton drop/defensive jump that forced the re-kick. I can't imagine why Golladay and nobody Kadarius Toney are spouting off at the mouth when Daniel Jones just had one of the best games of his career and they put up 29 points. And I am by no means a Daniel Jones fan.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:14 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:01 am The Giants offense looked great late. Some of these guys must be the ultimate "me" receivers, looking for touches, not worried about team success. The game was lost on a Slayton drop/defensive jump that forced the re-kick. I can't imagine why Golladay and nobody Kadarius Toney are spouting off at the mouth when Daniel Jones just had one of the best games of his career and they put up 29 points. And I am by no means a Daniel Jones fan.
My thoughts exactly. Daniel Jones played well and deserved to win that game. It seemed that Golladay's and Toney's issues were that other WRs were racking up the yardage and not them. It's mind-boggling that they would voice frustration in that situation coming from a rookie and 1st year FA who both missed big chunks of the offseason and training camp with injuries.

There will be even more mouths to feed once Engram is back so Golladay/Toney better get used to 8 targets between them per game.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 am

drobes wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:14 am
jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:01 am The Giants offense looked great late. Some of these guys must be the ultimate "me" receivers, looking for touches, not worried about team success. The game was lost on a Slayton drop/defensive jump that forced the re-kick. I can't imagine why Golladay and nobody Kadarius Toney are spouting off at the mouth when Daniel Jones just had one of the best games of his career and they put up 29 points. And I am by no means a Daniel Jones fan.
My thoughts exactly. Daniel Jones played well and deserved to win that game. It seemed that Golladay's and Toney's issues were that other WRs were racking up the yardage and not them. It's mind-boggling that they would voice frustration in that situation coming from a rookie and 1st year FA who both missed big chunks of the offseason and training camp with injuries.

There will be even more mouths to feed once Engram is back so Golladay/Toney better get used to 8 targets between them per game.
Especially considering Kenny G dropped a perfect pass right in his hands that would have been a first down.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am

Btw Golladay was yelling at Jason Garrett on the sideline, not Jones. Just to make sure anyone interested is fully informed on that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:33 am

dondickenson wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am Btw Golladay was yelling at Jason Garrett on the sideline, not Jones. Just to make sure anyone interested is fully informed on that.
Good to know. Regardless, you need to catch the ball when it's right in your hands, or keep your mouth shut, IMO.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am

I see both sides here. Toney can be frustrated and he was a 1st round pick. You'd think they would try and use him...

But this is immature as well. If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be playing ahead of the other WR?

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:37 am

Without reading through any of this, I'm going to let everybody know who doesn't know - Toney is trash and a wasted pick by the Giants (As was Daniel Jones)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am I see both sides here. Toney can be frustrated and he was a 1st round pick. You'd think they would try and use him...

But this is immature as well. If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be playing ahead of the other WR?
I have a difficult time seeing Toney’s side. He’s been a PITA since draft day, always something wrong. He’s acting like a stereotypical entitled punk. You earn your time on the field and your targets - no one owes him anything because of his draft pedigree or that he was a BMOC last year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:34 pm

6/78 today against a very solid D.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Looked filthy in space today
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:17 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 pm Looked filthy in space today
A sign of life! I'll have to find the video.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Here’s him on 3rd and 18.

https://twitter.com/snygiants/status/14 ... 39427?s=21

This was also filthy:

https://twitter.com/talkingiants/status ... 64292?s=21

You just don’t see a lot of guys move like this. Exactly what the giants drafted him to do and it’s great to see him be involved.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:15 pm

This guy has 100 reception potential in the future, he’s completely uncoverable in the short area.

Slant boi 2.0.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x