Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:30 am

I remember staying out of this thread as it seemed analytics based as if that is everything but the bottom line is he looked fantastic.

To all those that spent a late 1st on him or acquired him.......enjoy. He has a lot of upside especially on that team and is showing to be a legit weapon.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:39 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm He's looked really good. Interesting change of pace given that the majority of us and the fantasy community were very low on him
The FF community snobbery was in full effect with Toney. Most people thought they knew better. I mean, look a the original post here. As he said, not only him, but pretty much everybody "knew" he was "trash". He was routinely passed over for the likes of St Brown, Michael Carter etc etc etc.

As a result, he may end up being a huge value to those who ended up with him in the mid/late 2nd or later in some cases.
His profile is basically the poster child for red flags from an analytical aspect. Even his route success in college was statistically bad. So, all of this happening right now is extremely surprising.

I honestly can't think of a comparison for it.
Tyreek Hill ... Bad character, smaller size & hands , big corners will jam them at the line, not experienced @ route running, not disciplined enough , only good for manufactured touches & gadget plays ....Did we say BAD CHARACTER :think:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 am

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:39 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm

The FF community snobbery was in full effect with Toney. Most people thought they knew better. I mean, look a the original post here. As he said, not only him, but pretty much everybody "knew" he was "trash". He was routinely passed over for the likes of St Brown, Michael Carter etc etc etc.

As a result, he may end up being a huge value to those who ended up with him in the mid/late 2nd or later in some cases.
His profile is basically the poster child for red flags from an analytical aspect. Even his route success in college was statistically bad. So, all of this happening right now is extremely surprising.

I honestly can't think of a comparison for it.
Tyreek Hill ... Bad character, smaller size & hands , big corners will jam them at the line, not experienced @ route running, not disciplined enough , only good for manufactured touches & gadget plays ....Did we say BAD CHARACTER :think:
Probably the closest one. Hill had just one season in college because of those character concerns and dropped to the 5th round.

But, Toney went first round and I can't remember if there were ever character issues

nameless91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nameless91 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:02 pm
nameless91 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:55 pm Got him with the 3.02 in a 10 team league. Played him this week too because it's start 15 with PPFD and efficiency bonuses.
What is an efficiency bonus?
X amount of YAC, X Yards Per Attempt, Completion Percentage, Broken Tackles, etc. Toney scored me 34.6 points in that league

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am

They dumped headcase Beckham only to find a carbon copy. Have fun, I'd sell.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am They dumped headcase Beckham only to find a carbon copy. Have fun, I'd sell.
There’s no way I’d sell a Beckham carbon copy.

Headcase’s still score fantasy points.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Toney had all the talent in the world, but little of the skillset necessary to thrive. I think the thought was that it would take time for him to develop these skills, and perhaps that development wouldn't happen at all (plus he landed on NYG).

We're now looking at a guy who developed a great skillset in a few short months, who already had all the talent in the world. The question is... how hard of a worker will he be over time? Will he work hard to maintain his craft and therefore keep his value high over time (a-la Hopkins, Julio) or will he work just hard enough to make a paycheck and rely on his talent too much to thrive and fall off a cliff (OBJ, Dez Bryant).

That punch was stupid... and is a little insight into his mindset. So even though I own a share and am excited by what I've seen so far, I'm very cautious about it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:24 pm

..maybe TyFreak will invite him out for coffee and say, "Listen man ..."

o.O
@PlankMelody

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Looks like he's dealing with an ankle issue after yesterday's game. Probably something wrong with his cleats.

But seriously, the guy looks explosive, both physically and mentally. If he can keep his act together, he's probably got a high ceiling. But on the other hand, I wouldn't fault anyone for selling high if his value continues to increase. As was mentioned earlier, that punch was just stupid. He just seems like a bit of a volatile asset. Talented, but immature.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Watching him these last 2 games, I can honestly say he's been one of the most entertaining players to watch from the last several years. I don't say that lightly.

In the short game, he looks every bit like Tyreek. Obviously the jitterbug stuff is only a part of what makes Hill the best WR in the game (IMO he is), but Toney did stuff routinely yesterday and last week that made professional defenders look absolutely silly.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:23 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:29 pm Watching him these last 2 games, I can honestly say he's been one of the most entertaining players to watch from the last several years. I don't say that lightly.

In the short game, he looks every bit like Tyreek. Obviously the jitterbug stuff is only a part of what makes Hill the best WR in the game (IMO he is), but Toney did stuff routinely yesterday and last week that made professional defenders look absolutely silly.
And in the punching game too 🥊

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm

I’m very worried about his character issues, but if I traded away every NFL player with character issues then I’d be left with…

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm I’m very worried about his character issues, but if I traded away every NFL player with character issues then I’d be left with…
Tebow, Cousins, and Larry Fitzgerald :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:49 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm I’m very worried about his character issues, but if I traded away every NFL player with character issues then I’d be left with…
Tebow, Cousins, and Larry Fitzgerald :lol:
Not sure you can include cousins, his “you like that” felt very aggressive
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:16 pm

I’m old enough to remember Richie James going off for 9-180-1 when every skill player on his team was injured .

I’m actually mostly just jealous, I sold my one share before the season for Jonnu Smith in a TE premium. Felt good at the time figured There was no way Jason Garret would be able to unlock Toney. Still skeptical he stays on the field TBH