Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 pm

mild wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:27 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:09 pm It’s not that surprising. Toney was taken 20th overall in the NFL draft, he was a stud prospect.
By draft capital only, though - and to buy into that, you had to buy into the 2021 Giants and their braintrust. Congratulations to anyone that did that and swam against the tide, but I sure didn't hear many prominent voices being vocal about that in the preseason.

Aside from being selected high by Dave "I hate computers" Gettleman, his analytical profile did not suggest anything special:

Breakout age - 21.6 (24th percentile)
Market Share - best season was 17.8%, and he was under the regression line all 4 years
Dominator - 23.7% (30th percentile)

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/stat ... 45760?s=20

And again, by Matt Harmon's reception perception - his profile suggested a tackle-breaking Percy Harvin style gadget player, not a fully realised WR.

"13th percentile in success rate vs. man coverage and the 1st percentile against press"

To those that took him because they loved what they saw on film, believed in Dave Gettleman (and Urban Meyer?) selecting him in the 1st, and thought he could translate to the Pro game, congratulations. For me, I'm happy to miss and learn on a prospect like this - outliers happen, and no stats are perfect. But in the Dynasty game, we must work with what we have. This one appears a win for the film guys! Congrats to them. 8-)

(ps. I'm excited to see him matchup against Jalen Ramsey this week)
"All models are wrong, some are useful, and many are deadly". Just LOL at sticking to only these models when making decisions.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 am

Hope he's not hurt too bad. He clearly has it. This guy looks electric on an NFL football field.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:17 am

Dude is a highlight machine. He's routinely making NFL defenders look like Bambi out there. It's too bad his day got short.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 am

He's making it look easy. Very interesting to see what happens to his stock in the coming weeks/months.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Has the fire completely died out on Toney? Is he still nursing the ankle injury or are we just seeing the Giants doing Giants things again? I'm confused how he's not being featured.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:53 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm Has the fire completely died out on Toney? Is he still nursing the ankle injury or are we just seeing the Giants doing Giants things again? I'm confused how he's not being featured.
idk hard to trust anyone on the giants tbh
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:49 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm Has the fire completely died out on Toney? Is he still nursing the ankle injury or are we just seeing the Giants doing Giants things again? I'm confused how he's not being featured.
Ankle injuries for a player that relies on quick cuts and jukes to gain elite seperation usually spell trouble.

To be fair though, they weren't doing Giants things this week, they just had the week off... not that anyone probably noticed.

I will say that the news today about Gettleman has me quite excited for the future. If they got someone creative on offense to replace Garrett that ran modern principles, then the sky could be the limit for Saquon, Toney, etc...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:49 pm
Ankle injuries for a player that relies on quick cuts and jukes to gain elite seperation usually spell trouble.

To be fair though, they weren't doing Giants things this week, they just had the week off... not that anyone probably noticed.

I will say that the news today about Gettleman has me quite excited for the future. If they got someone creative on offense to replace Garrett that ran modern principles, then the sky could be the limit for Saquon, Toney, etc...
What news about Gettleman?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:19 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm What news about Gettleman?
The Athletic's Dan Duggan said barring "a dramatic second-half turnaround, the Giants will likely be in the market for a new general manager."
Another losing season will likely force the Giants' hand with Gettleman, whose fate has been tied to underachieving QB Daniel Jones since the team used the sixth overall pick in the 2019 draft to land Jones. Per Duggan, Jones in 2021 is 25th in completion percentage, 25th in passing yards per game, 25th in touchdown passes, 26th in yards per attempt, 24th in passer rating, 25th in QB rating, 25th in DVOA, and 23rd in EPA. By nearly every measure, he has been among the league's worst quarterbacks. More importantly for fantasy purposes, there could be "intrigue" this offseason in the potential replacement of offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, whose stale offense has barely improved from last year's disastrous performance. A creative OC could mean big things for Saquon Barkley, Kadarius Toney, Sterling Shepard, and the rest of the fantasy-relevant Giants in 2022.
Hold strong, Giants fans. 2021's primary mission is nearly complete.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm

That is encouraging, but I fear the recent decent play is going to pause the clock again.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:55 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm That is encouraging, but I fear the recent decent play is going to pause the clock again.
Personally, I'm ambivalent and not worried. Literally, until they give me a reason to care, I won't be following the Giants with any sense of care or stakes. I imagine there's a lot of Big Blue fans feeling this way by now.

I think with the cap sheet being what it is (mother of god, go have a look at it for 2022) and the team not looking anything close to a true SB contender - plus reasonably public frustrations from team legends like Eli Manning and Strachan at the coaching / playcalling - and the TRUE nail, which was the fans booing Mara at Eli's Ring of Honour halftime induction - that the odds are pretty good of them clearing house for major changes.

They know *something* has to change. That report was sourced from somewhere; the Athletic beat is extremely well connected. Like it says: "barring a dramatic turnaround".

No chance Dimes bails them out to that degree imo, even if he wanted to - and I'm sure he does. It's time for him to do the right thing and fulfil his Danny Dimes destiny; and take Gettleman down with this godforsaken ship.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:58 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:19 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm What news about Gettleman?
The Athletic's Dan Duggan said barring "a dramatic second-half turnaround, the Giants will likely be in the market for a new general manager."
Another losing season will likely force the Giants' hand with Gettleman, whose fate has been tied to underachieving QB Daniel Jones since the team used the sixth overall pick in the 2019 draft to land Jones. Per Duggan, Jones in 2021 is 25th in completion percentage, 25th in passing yards per game, 25th in touchdown passes, 26th in yards per attempt, 24th in passer rating, 25th in QB rating, 25th in DVOA, and 23rd in EPA. By nearly every measure, he has been among the league's worst quarterbacks. More importantly for fantasy purposes, there could be "intrigue" this offseason in the potential replacement of offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, whose stale offense has barely improved from last year's disastrous performance. A creative OC could mean big things for Saquon Barkley, Kadarius Toney, Sterling Shepard, and the rest of the fantasy-relevant Giants in 2022.
Hold strong, Giants fans. 2021's primary mission is nearly complete.
Need to clean house and hire Kellen Moore. There's a lot of talent to work with in NY, but obviously the roster needs some overhauling.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am

Worried about both he and E Moore and their durability. Toney even more so. Seems to get dinged up quite a bit from the off season into the season. Now Toney has COVID. It's just one thing after another. He's really talented when he's on the field.....which doesn't appear to be very often thus far.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am Worried about both he and E Moore and their durability. Toney even more so. Seems to get dinged up quite a bit from the off season into the season. Now Toney has COVID. It's just one thing after another. He's really talented when he's on the field.....which doesn't appear to be very often thus far.
Same.

I was excited after his first couple of games with the massive number of targets. I know he was the only healthy option at the time, but still. Feels like a solid hold this off-season. I hope there are big changes in New York as this team can't get much worse on offense.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am Worried about both he and E Moore and their durability. Toney even more so. Seems to get dinged up quite a bit from the off season into the season. Now Toney has COVID. It's just one thing after another. He's really talented when he's on the field.....which doesn't appear to be very often thus far.
I actually think both have a shot to be very good players for years to come.

They could be injury risks but it’s way too early to tell.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts