Who the hell is Robby Anderson & why should we care?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Robby Anderson

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Anderson had a nice 1,000+ yd season in 2020. Career year, 95 recs, reunited with Matt Rhule on a team with a terrible DEF i.e. Carolina will be passing a lot.

Robby was basically 1A to Dj Moore 1B. I know that will change in 2021 but how much?

I was offered the 2.02 in a 16-team superflex TE prem.

Other WRs: Amari Cooper, Aiyuk, D. Parker, N'Keal Harry, Henry Ruggs, D. Robinson, Auden Tate

I don't have a champ roster, but I can make the playoffs and win some money.

It's hard to imagine him being worth a 1st. Can I find a starting rookie WR at the 2.02 this year is the question?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Robby Anderson

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Why would it change? Panthers probably aren't bringing in another WR for a lot of money or high draft capital and Curtis Samuel may leave.

2.02 in a 16 team Superflex is basically the 2.06 in standard. I think that's more or less fair, but I think Anderson has a chance to better his numbers, especially if the Panthers land Deshaun Watson.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:45 pm

-Carolinas QB may change (and target preference)
-CMC will be back
-DJ Moore was the much more efficient WR and a better talent
-Without an extension, next year he's a free agent

Most rankings have Robby in the WR 40's. And many analysts 10 or even 20 spots lower than that.

Either Robby will continue to be one of those mercenary for hire WRs like Brandin Cooks who's consistently undervalued or this is his peak value and should be on the trading block? No?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:11 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:45 pm -Carolinas QB may change (and target preference)
-CMC will be back
-DJ Moore was the much more efficient WR and a better talent
-Without an extension, next year he's a free agent

Most rankings have Robby in the WR 40's. And many analysts 10 or even 20 spots lower than that.

Either Robby will continue to be one of those mercenary for hire WRs like Brandin Cooks who's consistently undervalued or this is his peak value and should be on the trading block? No?
I agree with most of this. Real question is, what is the 40th ranked WR going to get you?

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:45 pm

That's what I'm asking. The 2.02 is about as close to a 1st rounder as I'm going to get without actually being there.

In dynasty rookie rankings this puts me around WRs like: Seth Williams, Kadarius Toney, Tylan Wallace, Amon St Brown, Elijah Moore (or Terrace Marshall if I'm lucky)

I have a young dynasty team and Robby does fit my roster as a very startable WR3/4. I'm leaning towards just keeping him rostered.

Although I do think he just had his peak season and I usually try to sell players at this time. Its unfortunate but I think Robby's best year went unnoticed by the dynasty community and I won't get a "sell high" deal for him. Might as well just hold.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:01 pm

I really don’t see any issue with moving Anderson for the 18th overall and taking a swing with the pick. I don’t think Anderson is going to be looking at near the volume he did last year with CMC back and I think a QB upgrade could make for more targets for DJM as opposed to just chucking it up for Anderson and seeing what happens. Anderson did well last year, but I don’t see a rerun happening, just my opinion though.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:25 am

CMC will eat into Robby's targets but Samuel leaving may offset? Matt Rhule loves the guy. If he does see less work what's that entail 70 recs 800 yds? Thats still pretty serviceable for someone wanting to make the playoffs. He only scored 3 TDs this year not much room for regression.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 am

I've bought into anderson for "cheap" over the last few yrs... Been a solid addition but if your not winning....likely best to move on in most formats. Yours however really depends on starting requirements imo since you think your playing for some money and have unique settings.

For example..if robby is your wr 2...what do you look like at other positions?

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF

1/2 ppr for RB, 1 PPR for WR, 1.5 TE

I have Mixon, A. Gibson, and Kareem Hunt at RB. Tannehill, J. Hurts, Goff, Darnold at QB (trying to trade one) and the WRs I mentioned earlier.
Pure crap at TE.

I lost in the first round of the playoffs last year. I have a good shot at winning the division and winning a playoff game this year and at least making my entry fee back. Maybe even further.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:14 pm

I don't know why everyone assumed the return of CMC dooms Anderson, Davis and CMC combined for 77 receptions last season. If CMC resumes his bell cow role and catches 80-85 passes thats not many more than the RB random combined for this past season. Add in the fact Samuel is a RFA and had 70 receptions himself last season that will likely be moving on from the Panthers and I don't see a reason why Anderson cant repeat his performance last season. His coach likes him, he is talented and they will be coming from behind a lot and passing often.

He screams buy for me at the cost of a 2nd rounder but if I was in a rebuild or retool I wouldn't hesitate to move him for any 1st rounder or a combo of a player like Gabe Davis/Mooney and a 2nd.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:54 pm

I agree with you Kings. I suppose I am confused by the current dynasty rankings of Robby Anderson.

Is it his contract uncertainty? You gotta think Matt Rhule does everything to keep him there.

He had mild success under fantasy reaper Adam Gase, and outright success in his 1st year in a new offense. That can be challenging even for elite WRs to do.

I don't see Robby being bad by any sense in 2021. He may be one of the most undervalued guys in fantasy at this point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Robbie Anderson Extension: 2 years/14.75 per

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Reports of the Panthers and Anderson being close to an extension are circulating. How do you feel about this for DJM and Marshall?

Seems it's done, now.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Robbie Anderson Extension?

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm

I don't think it's bad. Marshall is a rookie, so by the time he's ready to breakout, Anderson could be a cut candidate or he'll have already passed him up.

Love Marshall's price. Still going around late 1st/early 2nd. Value is there. Buy/draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm I don't think it's bad. Marshall is a rookie, so by the time he's ready to breakout, Anderson could be a cut candidate or he'll have already passed him up.

Love Marshall's price. Still going around late 1st/early 2nd. Value is there. Buy/draft.
Most teams run 3 WR sets as a base formation these days, so it's certainly not a big deal like it would have been 15 years ago. I think this affects Marshall a bit for next year, but by year 3, DJM may be out the door as a FA, so I agree, he'd only be 23 at that point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:08 am

Don't love it for DJM to be honest. I am increasingly wanting him to get out of Carolina.