Mike Strachan...hype or real deal?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Mike Strachan...hype or real deal?

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:45 am

This guy is growing on me. I've heard alot of hype during training camp but today i saw what they are raving about. if this kid is available in your dynasty you might want to grab him. 7th round WR. To me he looks like the best WR on the team...better than Pittman? Is that crazy talk?

Here's todays catch
https://twitter.com/i/status/1426974057975713795

jgoodie24
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Mike Strachan...hype or real deal?

Postby jgoodie24 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:57 am

Saw that catch in real time. Definitely took note but I'm not rushing to pick him up......yet.
Riverside Van Dwellers - 2021 Champion
10 Team, 0.5 PPR:
starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K
12 bench, 4 IR, 3 Redshirts (2 yr limit)

QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Singletary, D. Swift, CEH, J. Cook, J. Warren, J. McKinnon
WR: C. Kupp, T. Higgins, K. Allen, DeVonta Smith, G. Davis, A-R St. Brown, A. Pierce
TE: T. Higbee, TJ Hockenson
K: T. Bass, B. Maher
D/ST: Pit, Ind, LAR
IR: Marquise Brown
Redshirt: D. Ridder, K. Williams

2023 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4x2
2024 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:05 pm

I think he is for real. Will take him some time get on the field witrh the 1's, but he is turning heads
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:09 pm

jgoodie24 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:57 am Saw that catch in real time. Definitely took note but I'm not rushing to pick him up......yet.
with all the training camp hype and then this today...you might not be able to wait long in a dynasty. He's been a top add for a few days now even before today.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:58 pm

He’s been getting pimped for a while by some of us. He’s been running some great routes and making some great catches against IND’s CB1s and against other CB1s in mutual practices.

IMO the word is going to get out to the general public pretty quickly here. I’m not sure you can afford to wait and hope no one else notices right now.

jgoodie24
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jgoodie24 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:09 pm
jgoodie24 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:57 am Saw that catch in real time. Definitely took note but I'm not rushing to pick him up......yet.
with all the training camp hype and then this today...you might not be able to wait long in a dynasty. He's been a top add for a few days now even before today.

Only reason I'm not running is because my league is nearing the end of our draft (we're late/slow). I had a number of guys I was looking at with my last pick but the only one left is X. Jones. However, Strachan may just get the nod.
Riverside Van Dwellers - 2021 Champion
10 Team, 0.5 PPR:
starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K
12 bench, 4 IR, 3 Redshirts (2 yr limit)

QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Singletary, D. Swift, CEH, J. Cook, J. Warren, J. McKinnon
WR: C. Kupp, T. Higgins, K. Allen, DeVonta Smith, G. Davis, A-R St. Brown, A. Pierce
TE: T. Higbee, TJ Hockenson
K: T. Bass, B. Maher
D/ST: Pit, Ind, LAR
IR: Marquise Brown
Redshirt: D. Ridder, K. Williams

2023 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4x2
2024 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:17 am

jgoodie24 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 am

Only reason I'm not running is because my league is nearing the end of our draft (we're late/slow). I had a number of guys I was looking at with my last pick but the only one left is X. Jones. However, Strachan may just get the nod.
I'd go with the RB over the WR. More path to touches and impact early on. Rams are top end offense, and Henderson isn't a bell cow back, and he also hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:17 am

I'd go with the RB over the WR. More path to touches and impact early on. Rams are top end offense, and Henderson isn't a bell cow back, and he also hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy.
This is a tough call IMO. I like both Jones and Strachan as long term acquisitions. Normally I’d agree with FF here because of positional scarcity and the apparent opportunity in LA, but then I watch Strachan going H2H with CB1s in practice and he looks like a seasoned vet. There are times he just abuses those guys and he’s made some dazzling catches. He’s got agility that big WRs don’t usually have. That makes me rethink it and it’s much a closer decision, IMO.

I’m having a struggle advocating one over the other.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:48 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:17 am

This is a tough call IMO. I like both Jones and Strachan as long term acquisitions. Normally I’d agree with FF here because of positional scarcity and the apparent opportunity in LA, but then I watch Strachan going H2H with CB1s in practice and he looks like a seasoned vet. There are times he just abuses those guys and he’s made some dazzling catches. He’s got agility that big WRs don’t usually have. That makes me rethink it and it’s much a closer decision, IMO.

I’m having a struggle advocating one over the other.
I think Strachan may be a guy you can get in season, when someone drops him for a guy who may be producing, and people are in re-draft mindsets. Even if they don't, in probability, Jones is way more likely to gain value by say, week 4, so you could then move him for Strachan plus, in theory.

Jones looks to be the RB2, which means he'll play. Strachan is a 24 year old, 7th round pick from a small school. He's got a real uphill battle to relevancy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:11 am

I wouldn't overthink it and strategize on when to time trading and picking up a guy. Decide who you think will be the better dynasty asset and get them.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:39 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:11 am I wouldn't overthink it and strategize on when to time trading and picking up a guy. Decide who you think will be the better dynasty asset and get them.
Agree with this.

The hard part is deciding who to cut to add a guy like Strachan. In my case, I'm considering cutting Christian Kirk, who is looking more and more like a guy who will never live up to his draft status and expectations.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 am

Looked him up on Sleeper and saw this update from yesterday's game:
Strachan was seen having an impressive training camp and backed it up with a strong showing Sunday. He's in the mix to win the fifth receiver role.
In the mix for 5th receiver? Lol. He's on my watchlist for sure, but is Sleeper downplaying his potential or is this thread overexaggerating it? (Or both)
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:31 am

This guy doesn't appear on any rankings website yet.

Where would you rank his value rank amongst this year's rookie WRs?

Josh Palmer?
Tutu Atwell?
Dez Fitzpatrick?
8 Team PPR 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, FLEX, 5 Bench

QB - Mahomes, Prescott, Carr
RB - R. Stevenson, A.Jones, A. Kamara, K. Herbert
WR - Adams, Diggs, Godwin, Hollywood , JuJu
TE - Kittle, Waller, Higbee
TAXI - Brian Robinson, J. Warren

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:32 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 am Looked him up on Sleeper and saw this update from yesterday's game:
Strachan was seen having an impressive training camp and backed it up with a strong showing Sunday. He's in the mix to win the fifth receiver role.
In the mix for 5th receiver? Lol. He's on my watchlist for sure, but is Sleeper downplaying his potential or is this thread overexaggerating it? (Or both)
I just think it means Pittman, Hilton, Pascal, and Campbell are all pretty much locked into roster spots on the final 53 man roster, and it’s open competition after that. At this point it’s looking like he is locking up a roster spot as well. And there’s no reason to think he can’t climb the depth chart in time.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:40 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:32 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 am Looked him up on Sleeper and saw this update from yesterday's game:
I just think it means Pittman, Hilton, Pascal, and Campbell are all pretty much locked into roster spots on the final 53 man roster, and it’s open competition after that. At this point it’s looking like he is locking up a roster spot as well. And there’s no reason to think he can’t climb the depth chart in time.
I can’t imagine him not locking up a spot at this rate. He’d likely get sniped if they try to stash him on the practice squad
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)