Xavier Jones is this years James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Xavier Jones is this years James Robinson

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:34 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:49 am Might be more technical than intended, but don't agree Jones is "cheapest". Jake Funk and Raymond Calais are getting picked up in FCFS leagues, nevermind adds blocked for weekly waivers.
In my leagues, Calais was already rostered, and Funk was drafted. Jones was a free agent pickup.

I suppose I shouldn't have generalized though, since "cheapest" can differ from league to league.
He got picked up in my league yesterday (for free) at 12:56 PM EST after the Akers news hit. My league is 16 teams x 24 players (384 including team DSTs). Should everyone in my league be kicking ourselves for not having this guy rostered before the news? I'll admit I was yesterday years old when I first heard of Xavier Jones. :( That is why my signature shows you as the RB Guru. :lol:
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm Should everyone in my league be kicking ourselves for not having this guy rostered before the news? I'll admit I was yesterday years old when I first heard of Xavier Jones. :( That is why my signature shows you as the RB Guru. :lol:
Don't kick yourself too hard. This is a good reminder that situations like this will be coming thick-and-fast once we get into the season proper. This is just the first one. Your leaguemate did well to grab him for free, for sure. You could do worse for a camp flyer - we'll start to hear things in a week when Training Camp opens. But he's by no means this years Mike Davis or James Robinson... (yet)

I spent $31 of $100 FAAB on him, but our FAAB is set to renew on Week 1 of regular season, so it was monopoly money. Figured I might as well make sure I got him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:57 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:01 pm
Paul717 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm Should everyone in my league be kicking ourselves for not having this guy rostered before the news? I'll admit I was yesterday years old when I first heard of Xavier Jones. :( That is why my signature shows you as the RB Guru. :lol:
Don't kick yourself too hard. This is a good reminder that situations like this will be coming thick-and-fast once we get into the season proper. This is just the first one. Your leaguemate did well to grab him for free, for sure. You could do worse for a camp flyer - we'll start to hear things in a week when Training Camp opens. But he's by no means this years Mike Davis or James Robinson... (yet)

I spent $31 of $100 FAAB on him, but our FAAB is set to renew on Week 1 of regular season, so it was monopoly money. Figured I might as well make sure I got him.
I won him with 45% of my waiver money. The next closest bid was 10%. Unfortunately, he was already owned in several of my leagues before the Akers injury. Funk and Calais aren't owned.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

cold lazarus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cold lazarus » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm

this years James Robinson......Jake Funk

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 am

cold lazarus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm this years James Robinson......Jake Funk
You think LA is going to run that many draws and delays and just abandon any thought of a traditional rushing game? Because that’s where Funk made his bones as a Big 10 RB.

cold lazarus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cold lazarus » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:35 pm

you are right on how Funk was used. I was thinking more on how far Funk is down in pecking order as was Robinson was last year when I pick up Robinson. The analysis I have read makes a good case for Funk's ability. Plus I like his metrics.

cold lazarus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cold lazarus » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 am
cold lazarus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm this years James Robinson......Jake Funk
You think LA is going to run that many draws and delays and just abandon any thought of a traditional rushing game? Because that’s where Funk made his bones as a Big 10 RB.
you are right on how Funk was used. I was thinking more on how far Funk is down in pecking order as was Robinson was last year when I picked up Robinson. The analysis I have read makes a good case for Funk's ability. Plus I like his metrics.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:03 pm

cold lazarus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm
you are right on how Funk was used. I was thinking more on how far Funk is down in pecking order as was Robinson was last year when I picked up Robinson. The analysis I have read makes a good case for Funk's ability. Plus I like his metrics.
Well, as a 5th year senior he torched the 98th and 99th ranked run Ds in college football in a covid year, and did almost literally nothing else his entire college career. Someone on the staff fell in love with his measurables, because he sure doesn’t have any kind of meaningful football resume. He does have some ST chops, so he does have that going for him.

cold lazarus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cold lazarus » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:03 pm
cold lazarus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm

Well, as a 5th year senior he torched the 98th and 99th ranked run Ds in college football in a covid year, and did almost literally nothing else his entire college career. Someone on the staff fell in love with his measurables, because he sure doesn’t have any kind of meaningful football resume. He does have some ST chops, so he does have that going for him.
well, he did have two acl injuries in college. plus as you mentioned covid year. I give him a lot of credit for him to come back from those injuries and perform well in four games and then put up a great Pro day. There is a vid of three Rams draft staff that think very highly of him.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 am

I personally believe Gerrid Doaks will be this years James Robinson. The only person he really needs to beat out is Gaskin, and I think he can do that with relative ease.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:23 am

whodunnit wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 am I personally believe Gerrid Doaks will be this years James Robinson. The only person he really needs to beat out is Gaskin, and I think he can do that with relative ease.
I think miami likes Gaskin though. Unlike LF and Jax situation.

Miami has shown they will give anyone a chance though, so Doaks is a decent bet.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:01 am

whodunnit wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 am I personally believe Gerrid Doaks will be this years James Robinson. The only person he really needs to beat out is Gaskin, and I think he can do that with relative ease.
what about ahmed? it's not like a 7th round value give doaks any kind of weight.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:01 am
what about ahmed? it's not like a 7th round value give doaks any kind of weight.
Different types but mainly in my opinion if they were satisfied that Amed was a good option they wouldn't have drafted Doaks at all. Not that it makes Doaks a lock to be ahead of him on the depth chart but definitely think Doaks has the profile to be more of a Robinson repeat.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:48 pm

I honestly don't think there is a James Robinson this year. What he did doesn't happen too often.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:48 pm I honestly don't think there is a James Robinson this year. What he did doesn't happen too often.
This is my feeling every time there’s a “Who’s the Next [player who has an extremely rare breakout]” thread.

I have Jones where I have Henderson, and in another league where he was surprisingly a free pickup. He’s probably JAG, but given Henderson’s struggles staying healthy he’s worth the add.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF