What year are your dynasty leagues in?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What year are your dynasty leagues in?

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:19 am

I am in multiple league with members of a now defunct fantasy football forum. Never met any of them, but I am guessing I have been playing with the same group of core owners since about 2010
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:39 pm

I've only ever been in 2 dyno-type league.

1st one:
Entering year 9. 7 of 10 original owners. (2 replacements are entering their 4th year and 1 entering his 7th year0

2nd one:
Entering year 7. 12 of 13 original owers (one team co-owned). New owner entering year 3.

Why I think they work:

1. Strong commissioner (I'm commish of 1, so biased :) )

2. A mix of "friend's league" and not. Both put together with core base of people who are friends and join FF, but additional owners / replacements have been people other's know, but strong preference towards "who will get really into a more intense form of FF, rather than just casually inviting a good friend).

3. Text / Discord threads that have a lot of league chatter... I think adds to enjoyment and keeps everyone engaged
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:07 pm

Major_Loser wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:31 pm We are in year 14, every offseason we bring up changes to the rules and Vote on them, but the biggest driver of the longevity is everyone's propensity for trading. We are REALLY active due to that alone.
Going into year 5
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Approaching a decade. We've lost 6 or 7 members throughout the years. The core group of guys has been playing for about 15 years together starting with redraft.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:09 pm

It’s easy (sometimes, anyways) to keep local friends leagues goin. Sig league has been on since... 95ish? Went from redraft, to one keeper, two keeper, IDP, back to TD, got rid of kicker and D, and now SF and 15 keeper (not technically full dyno, but plays close enough) so, seen all the changes.

Number one thing for longevity other than already being friends, is a good strong, fair commish. By far, imo. League I commish, can guarantee will run as long as I want it to, pretty much. I bail on leagues after year one if I don’t see a good commish.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:49 pm

The guys I grew up with started our league in 1987 while I was in my last year of college. I graduated from college the next year and one of the owners dropped out so I took over. I had the 1.04 that year and passed on Randall Cunningham to take Bernie kosar🙄. Big mistake but I had no idea what I was doing. I dived head first into it after that year and have learned a lot along the way since then. We still have 8/10 original owners and it’s been a fun ride over the years to watch the ebb and flow of not only fantasy ownership but also life’s trials and tribulations for all of us. It’s gotten to the point now where sons have taken either their fathers team over in one case or one owners son has taken ownership of the other vacated team. We started this league as teens and now some of us are grandfathers today.

It’s been a great tool to keep us all together and I’m immensely grateful for this particular league keeping us all together and the various memories it’s provided all of us in different ways over the years. Thank you so much to all my co-owners for the last 34 years the experience has been irreplaceable
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Our Dynasty War Zone League is 11 years in and we had a bunch of us go the the draft in Dallas and Nashville. Awesome time! Great time enjoying football with the league mates.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:01 pm

1. Year 11: 11/12 originals, new guy is in his 9th season
2. Year 7: 9/12 originals, new guys are in their 3rd season
3. Year 5: 5/12 originals and there have been more than 7 new teams, as some teams have been orphaned twice.
4. Year 4: 8/12 originals new guys are in their 3rd and 1st years
5. Year 3: 12/14 originals, two new teams this year.

Sustaining leagues have different challenges depending on if it’s a home-league or not.

With home leagues, you’re not likely to run into somebody who just tires of dynasty than you are in a league where everybody who is playing just needed another dynasty league. There’s not much you can do there. On the other hand, people are less likely to quit these leagues because their teams lose money, which is nice.

In any case though, the key to longevity is just picking the right owners up front. It’s tempting to fill a startup as quickly as possible so you can scratch that startup itch, but being patient and screening every player to make sure they’re in for the long hall is worth it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 am

Finfansteve wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:49 pm The guys I grew up with started our league in 1987 while I was in my last year of college. I graduated from college the next year and one of the owners dropped out so I took over. I had the 1.04 that year and passed on Randall Cunningham to take Bernie kosar🙄. Big mistake but I had no idea what I was doing. I dived head first into it after that year and have learned a lot along the way since then. We still have 8/10 original owners and it’s been a fun ride over the years to watch the ebb and flow of not only fantasy ownership but also life’s trials and tribulations for all of us. It’s gotten to the point now where sons have taken either their fathers team over in one case or one owners son has taken ownership of the other vacated team. We started this league as teens and now some of us are grandfathers today.

It’s been a great tool to keep us all together and I’m immensely grateful for this particular league keeping us all together and the various memories it’s provided all of us in different ways over the years. Thank you so much to all my co-owners for the last 34 years the experience has been irreplaceable
Perhaps my favorite post in the few months/years I’ve been on dlf forums here. Love it.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:22 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 am
Finfansteve wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:49 pm The guys I grew up with started our league in 1987 while I was in my last year of college. I graduated from college the next year and one of the owners dropped out so I took over. I had the 1.04 that year and passed on Randall Cunningham to take Bernie kosar🙄. Big mistake but I had no idea what I was doing. I dived head first into it after that year and have learned a lot along the way since then. We still have 8/10 original owners and it’s been a fun ride over the years to watch the ebb and flow of not only fantasy ownership but also life’s trials and tribulations for all of us. It’s gotten to the point now where sons have taken either their fathers team over in one case or one owners son has taken ownership of the other vacated team. We started this league as teens and now some of us are grandfathers today.

Perhaps my favorite post in the few months/years I’ve been on dlf forums here. Love it.
I agree, awesome stuff. Thanks Finfansteve

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:54 pm

OkOk wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:22 pm
honcho55 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 am

I agree, awesome stuff. Thanks Finfansteve
Thanks guys. It’s been a wild 34 years and I hope it goes another 34!
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sehon4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm

This is the 18th year for us.

DRAFT CENTRAL
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

2020 -
Grimlock
2019 -
Run CMC (Tuna's Revenge)
2018 -
Grimlock
2017 -
Satan's Badasses
2016 -
Satan's Badasses
2015 -
Dallas Buffalos (AP Sqd)
2014 -
Nickyjo Jets
2013 -
Hollywood Hammerheads
2012 -
Miller's Marvels
2011 -
RainDogs
2010 -
Tuna's Revenge
2009 -
The Cleveland Steamers
2008 -
DevilDogs
2007 -
The Cleveland Steamers
2006 -
Miller's Marvels
2005 -
Box Munchers
2004 -
The Moose Knuckles

Champion game scores:
Diehard Players Dynasty History:

Hall of Fame-Past Super Bowl Champs:
2004- The Cleveland Steamers defeated Jersey Eagles 126-46
2005- Box Munchers defeated Stewie Griffen's 171-128
2006- Miller's Marvels defeated Satan's Badasses 117-105
2007- The Cleveland Steamers defeated Box Munchers 127-107
2008- Devil Dogs defeated Jersey Eagles 114-101
2009- The Cleveland Steamers defeated Dallas Buffalos 105-102
2010- Tuna's Revenge defeated Dallas Buffalos 122-74
2011- Raindogs defeated The Cleveland Steamers 132-95
2012- Miller's Marvels defeat Raindogs 88-85
2013- Hollywood Hamerheads (formerly Cleveland Steamers) defeated Satan Badasses 108-107
2014- Nickyjo Jets (formerly Raindogs) defeated Dallas Buffalos 82-74
2015- Dallas Buffalos defeated Grimlock 148-77
2016-Satan's Badasses defeated Blackbirds 136-126
2017-Satan's Badasses defeated Blackbirds 148-87
2018- Grimlock defeated Dallas Buffalos 124-123
2019- Run CMC (Tuna Revenge) defeated Jersey Eagles 124-81
2020- Grimlock defeated Dallas Buffalos 150-149
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:58 pm

Normally I don’t give a **** when someone brings up their own personal league and team experience as a topic is being discussed. I’m really enjoying this thread top to bottom. Thanks for sharing guys.

:cringeswhilehopingthatdoesn’tpissOCRoff:

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am

Similar story to Finsfansteve. Our commish started a redrafter in 1987. We would gather at a sports bar that had a boxing ring, with tables in the middle. He would reserve the boxing ring on a Sunday afternoon, close to the start of the NFL season. Way before the internet, so everyone would have those FF magazines that were written sometime in June. I used to get the weekly Sporting News paper, to try and keep up with training camp news, and of course watch Sports Center. TD only league, with bonus for distance, and the commish would scour the Monday paper and figure out the scoring. Had to call him to give him your lineup, find out your opponents lineup, and final scoring. Early 90's he started a dynasty league to go along with the redrafter, but I wasn't too interested at the time. In 96 or 97 he convinced me to take over a team that lost it's owner. Now, two original owner's son's have taken over teams as has my son. Our commish passed away this week after all these years, he was 86. I remember thinking back when we started how old he was, but now I am older than he was when we started. I am now the commish, and have big shoes to fill, but everyone agreed, including his daughter, that he would want the league to continue. He was very proud about how old our league is.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:04 am

RCogburn wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am Similar story to Finsfansteve. Our commish started a redrafter in 1987. We would gather at a sports bar that had a boxing ring, with tables in the middle. He would reserve the boxing ring on a Sunday afternoon, close to the start of the NFL season. Way before the internet, so everyone would have those FF magazines that were written sometime in June. I used to get the weekly Sporting News paper, to try and keep up with training camp news, and of course watch Sports Center. TD only league, with bonus for distance, and the commish would scour the Monday paper and figure out the scoring. Had to call him to give him your lineup, find out your opponents lineup, and final scoring. Early 90's he started a dynasty league to go along with the redrafter, but I wasn't too interested at the time. In 96 or 97 he convinced me to take over a team that lost it's owner. Now, two original owner's son's have taken over teams as has my son. Our commish passed away this week after all these years, he was 86. I remember thinking back when we started how old he was, but now I am older than he was when we started. I am now the commish, and have big shoes to fill, but everyone agreed, including his daughter, that he would want the league to continue. He was very proud about how old our league is.
Love it :thumbup: thanks for that.