General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:08 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:33 am For lack of a better analogy here I'm going to use a tire reference. If a tire gets a nail stuck into it causing a flat you pull the nail and plug it. The tire still has the same amount of tread on it as it wasn't on the ground running during that time. There's less bruising, dings, etc allowing Barkley's body to heal up. Albeit his body is still aging and breaking down from time, but not as fast as if he were to be taking those hits.
A cut on his hand is comparable to a nail in a tire. An ACL is pouring gasoline on the tire, setting it on fire, and letting it burn long enough to warp the rubber.
I disagree on the ACL equating to a warped tire. The recovery rate for torn ACL is very high, whereas nobody is driving on a warped rubber tire.
You're not living in the right area then. I see it plenty :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Barkley isn't even close to an auto start. I honestly wonder if he'll even sniff his first 2 years of production again. I think we've seen the high water mark. The last 2 years really derailed the trajectory of his career, and the team is a mess. Wasted prime.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:37 pm Barkley isn't even close to an auto start. I honestly wonder if he'll even sniff his first 2 years of production again. I think we've seen the high water mark. The last 2 years really derailed the trajectory of his career, and the team is a mess. Wasted prime.
Maybe, but this year is awfully reminiscent of Dalvin Cook's post-ACL year and a lot of people thought it meant he was done as well.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:49 pm

He will forever be one of the biggest what ifs imo. What if he was able to stay healthy, and what if he didn't go to a dumpster fire to start his career?

If I'm not mistaken this is how McFadden's career kicked off eh? He tore up the CFB at Arkansas then couldn't stay healthy in a terrible team and eventually settled into a nice mid to low RB2 range to finish out his career eh?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:06 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:46 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:37 pm Barkley isn't even close to an auto start. I honestly wonder if he'll even sniff his first 2 years of production again. I think we've seen the high water mark. The last 2 years really derailed the trajectory of his career, and the team is a mess. Wasted prime.
Maybe, but this year is awfully reminiscent of Dalvin Cook's post-ACL year and a lot of people thought it meant he was done as well.
Yeah, but Dalvin had a better team, and was 22 when it happened. Barkley has not only had the ACL, but 2 ankle injuries, too. I just think the LT 2.0 dream is dead. Maybe he can be a top 3 back again, but a yearly league winner, that most people envisioned when he was going top 5 in startups as a rookie, and the generational player he was supposed to be, it's not happening.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:56 am

2 lost years in a row is brutal.

I hesitate to say he's finished because of the talent level, though I think his dynasty value has already peaked and he'll never reach that level again even if he has another RB1 season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:56 am 2 lost years in a row is brutal.

I hesitate to say he's finished because of the talent level, though I think his dynasty value has already peaked and he'll never reach that level again even if he has another RB1 season.
Yeah I mean, BEST case scenario, he posts an RB1 year next season and is still a top 10 dynasty RB. But then going into 2023 he will be 26. 2nd contract. Injury prone label still attached... if that's a strong RB class, I'd be hard pressed to put Barkley in the top 10 dynasty RB. And I own him. Maybe his 2nd contract will be on a different team and his talent meets a situation that isn't complete doodoo. Maybe he can shake the injury prone label too but by then, it will be too late.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:33 am

I agree.

I don't see the burst any longer. I don't see angry determined runs either. Fearless was Williams last night for Denver. When was the last time anyone saw Barkley run like that?
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:13 am

CMC and Barkley went 1-2 in my starup with Zeke going 4th. Gotta love life in the NFL.

EDIT: Cook went 2, Taylor 3, Zeke 4, Barkley 5.

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Maybe the Giants get an amazing offensive line in free agency, trade for Rodgers or Wilson, and Barkley goes back to a top 5 RB.

Just posting this in case any league mates see this and want to accept any of the trades with me trying to move Barkley.

As of now, I can't get a 1 for him but... he's healthy so there's that.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

nameless91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nameless91 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:24 pm

NWABCS wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:24 pm Maybe the Giants get an amazing offensive line in free agency, trade for Rodgers or Wilson, and Barkley goes back to a top 5 RB.

Just posting this in case any league mates see this and want to accept any of the trades with me trying to move Barkley.

As of now, I can't get a 1 for him but... he's healthy so there's that.
I acquired him for a single first a few weeks ago (10 team SF). I'm not super high on him anymore but I thought a single first was a no brainer. Now I'm struggling to flip as well at the deadline. Hopefully we see him return to form and 100% healthy next year.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Now is not the time to be selling. If you can, wait til the start of next season if you're intent on it.

I think I'll be waiting to see a few games in 2022. We know he has the talent.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:30 pm Now is not the time to be selling. If you can, wait til the start of next season if you're intent on it.

Had*

He might never be the same after an ACL year and a never ending ankle issue
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:57 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:30 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:30 pm Now is not the time to be selling. If you can, wait til the start of next season if you're intent on it.

Had*

He has very low mileage. I'd agree if he were older.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:57 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Had*

He has very low mileage. I'd agree if he were older.
Mileage has nothing to do with ACL recovery or soft tissue scarring, though. We just don't know how his body will respond. So far, he hasn't looked the same. Maybe next year he will. It can take 2 years for guys to get back. The real issue is, his prime has already been wasted. Barkley will be 25 next season, coming off 2 years of nothing.