"Everyone is stupid except me" - Homer Simpson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: "Everyone is stupid except me" - Homer Simpson

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:28 am

AB goes out like an absolute king. Leading WR on his team. 1000 yards, double digit Tds. He then promptly retires and we say goodbye to a fantasy football legend who sadly missed two years of his prime.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:18 pm

I actually think Ronald Jones has a good year. He looked the better runner vs Fournette last year, prior to his injury late in the year. He's just not valued, and I think he runs for 1100 plus yards (was on pace for that in 16 last year) and catches 30-35 passes. Give him 10 total TD's. TB is going to be leading a lot of games, which is good for Rojo. I think he could be a high end RB2 this year, after being a mid RB2 with time missed last year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:18 pm I actually think Ronald Jones has a good year. He looked the better runner vs Fournette last year, prior to his injury late in the year. He's just not valued, and I think he runs for 1100 plus yards (was on pace for that in 16 last year) and catches 30-35 passes. Give him 10 total TD's. TB is going to be leading a lot of games, which is good for Rojo. I think he could be a high end RB2 this year, after being a mid RB2 with time missed last year.
Gio has a chance to crash this rb room into too much timeshare.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:00 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:18 pm I actually think Ronald Jones has a good year. He looked the better runner vs Fournette last year, prior to his injury late in the year. He's just not valued, and I think he runs for 1100 plus yards (was on pace for that in 16 last year) and catches 30-35 passes. Give him 10 total TD's. TB is going to be leading a lot of games, which is good for Rojo. I think he could be a high end RB2 this year, after being a mid RB2 with time missed last year.
I think Gio affects LF much more. Gio would be a James white type back. Rojo isn't the 3rd down back, he's their early down back. Doesn't really affect him IMO.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:00 pm
I think Gio affects LF much more. Gio would be a James white type back. Rojo isn't the 3rd down back, he's their early down back. Doesn't really affect him IMO.
My hot take is that either Jones or Fournette gets traded, or maaaybe Fournette gets cut.

It doesn’t make sense for them to carry four RBs who don’t play special teams. Maybe Vaughn dedicates himself to excelling as a special-teamer, which would eliminate this problem, because I sort of doubt he’s the odd man out given his contract. Gio is the best 3rd down guy by a lot. Jones and Fournette’s roles overlap.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:03 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:00 pm

My hot take is that either Jones or Fournette gets traded, or maaaybe Fournette gets cut.

It doesn’t make sense for them to carry four RBs who don’t play special teams. Maybe Vaughn dedicates himself to excelling as a special-teamer, which would eliminate this problem, because I sort of doubt he’s the odd man out given his contract. Gio is the best 3rd down guy by a lot. Jones and Fournette’s roles overlap.
Jones was easily the better runner last year. They used Lenny as a 3rd down back, but if Gio looks better, maybe he takes it. I think Rojo is their best early down back quite easily. I think Lenny's vax status hurts him, but I certainly don't see them cutting either Rojo or Fournette as it stands. Especially with a 17th game and the expectation of 3 or 4 more after that. With the added game, they are both capable of being early down backs, but Jones is clearly better in that role. However Fournette can be fine on third downs, and step in on early downs when necessary. Gio can't do the early down work, and Vaughn isn't trusted at anything. I think Vaughn is the the most likely to be odd man out, if Gio makes the team.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm

I’d be surprised if gio doesn’t make the team

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:48 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm I’d be surprised if gio doesn’t make the team
I personally think he will, and Vaughn will not, or be game day inactive. Rojo and Gio don't overlap at all, but Fournette and Gio do.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:48 pm
Valhalla wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm I’d be surprised if gio doesn’t make the team
I personally think he will, and Vaughn will not, or be game day inactive. Rojo and Gio don't overlap at all, but Fournette and Gio do.
Is Fournette a good 3rd down back…or was it just that Rojo is such a bad 3rd down back that Fournette got it all?

I didn’t really think of Fournette as a good receiving back but I could have a false perception.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:54 pm
Is Fournette a good 3rd down back…or was it just that Rojo is such a bad 3rd down back that Fournette got it all?

I didn’t really think of Fournette as a good receiving back but I could have a false perception.
I don't think he's that great, either. But he's better than Rojo, for sure. I think Fournette has the most to lose if Gio makes the team. Rojo is the better early down back, and though Fournette will get touches there, if Gio asserts himself as the better 3rd down back, and can pass protect and gain Brady's trust, Fournette will lose significant touches.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:57 pm

I don't think he's that great, either. But he's better than Rojo, for sure. I think Fournette has the most to lose if Gio makes the team. Rojo is the better early down back, and though Fournette will get touches there, if Gio asserts himself as the better 3rd down back, and can pass protect and gain Brady's trust, Fournette will lose significant touches.
This is why I’m suggesting it’s possible that Fournette gets traded. Sure, I agree- the most likely outcome is that they just keep all four guys and Fournette is insurance for Jones and Bernard, and the backfield is a mess.

I suspect that given how limited Fournette’s role could be, that he’s be more valuable to another team than he is to Tampa. If they’re forced to cut/trade one of these guys, I suspect trading Fournette will be more palatable than cutting Vaughn.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:17 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm

This is why I’m suggesting it’s possible that Fournette gets traded. Sure, I agree- the most likely outcome is that they just keep all four guys and Fournette is insurance for Jones and Bernard, and the backfield is a mess.

I suspect that given how limited Fournette’s role could be, that he’s be more valuable to another team than he is to Tampa. If they’re forced to cut/trade one of these guys, I suspect trading Fournette will be more palatable than cutting Vaughn.
I honestly think it's up to Brady as much as anyone at this point. If he doesn't trust Vaughn, he may be the odd man out. I just don't see why they would sign Fournette if they didn't want him back, and of course, would anybody trade anything for him? Maybe a late conditional pick perhaps. Would actually be good for Vaughn, to get a chance somewhere else IMO.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:17 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm

I honestly think it's up to Brady as much as anyone at this point. If he doesn't trust Vaughn, he may be the odd man out. I just don't see why they would sign Fournette if they didn't want him back, and of course, would anybody trade anything for him? Maybe a late conditional pick perhaps. Would actually be good for Vaughn, to get a chance somewhere else IMO.
I think this is probably accurate.