Revisiting trades (and seeing there impact)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Nflnz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Revisiting trades (and seeing there impact)

Postby Nflnz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:25 am

I love looking at the history feature on sleeper and seeing old trades. This one really sums up dynasty for me - a couple of unlucky moves can really hurt! This one worked out ok for me - both involve Mixon.

Trade 1 April 2019

Gave: Mixon, Gio, John Brown, 2.01 (Darrell Henderson)
Got: Juju, Boyd, 1.10 (Fant)

Trade 2 Dec 2020

Gave: Sanders
Got: Mixon, 2.06 (Elijah Moore), 2022 1st (looks likely to be top 4)

Anyone else got something similar?

Getting that 2022 1st is key as the other player is now looking to tank but wants his 1st off me before he does so..I’m now back in trade talks!
Team1
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex R/W/T
QB: Dak, Stafford, Tannehill, Levis
RB: Taylor, Mixon, Etienne, Hall, White
WR: Chase, Lamb, Puka, M Williams, JSN, Juju, R Moore
TE: Kelce, Hock, Mcbride
2024 1st, 2ndx2, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2.
12 Team SF TE Prem
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4flex R/W/T, 1 SFlex Q/R/W/T
QB: A Rich, R Wilson, Geno, Zappe
RB: Roschon, Millar, Dobbins, Rivers
WR: London, Addison, Tank, M Wilson, Mingo, Tillman, Perry, Heath
TE: Kincaid, McBride, Gray
2024 1stx2, 2ndx2, 3rdx2, 4th, 5th

Team 3
12 Team SF TE Prem
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2flex R/W/T, 1 SFlex Q/R/W/T
QB: Hurts, Lawrence, Jimmy G, Young
RB: Etienne, Walker, CMC, Gainwell, Mattison, Gibson
WR: Higgins, Adams, London, Cooks, Hodgins, Landry, Doubs, Mims
TE: McBride, Okonkwo, Trautman, Bellinger
2024 1st, 2nd x2, 3rd x2, 4th, 5th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Revisiting trades (and seeing there impact)

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:03 am

June of 2020 I was offered Lamb+2021 1st for DJM. I was really torn because Lamb was all potential at that point and DJM was a fantasy favorite breakout choice. Also, I worried that 1st might be a late 1st and not do me much good. After a few days, I accepted the trade.

After the season ended, Lamb and DJM ended up about the same for ppr scoring, and Lamb looks like he will outperform DJM for a while. And that 2021 1st turned into Chase.

If Chase is as good as he's supposed to be, that trade could end up giving me two WR1s for the next 7-8 years.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:20 am

My most fortunate was from the 2018 offseason in a 12 team superflex league. I gave new 49ers lead RB Jerick McKinnon for 1.08 + 2.08. Those picks turned into Lamar Jackson and Mike Gesicki.

Another great turnout was in a 14 team start 2TE league last year. I gave Cooper Kupp, Jack Doyle and Trey Burton for Noah Fant, 1.11 and JJAW. 1.11 turned into Justin Jefferson.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

ausmith26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ausmith26 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:09 am

In 2018 I started hearing rumblings about the 2020 draft class being a bunch of studs. I offered up Josh Rosen and my 2020 2nd for Philip Rivers and his 2020 1st... This is a 1 QB league and he smash accepted. My 2nd ended up being 2.11 (Anthony Mcfarland) and the 1st was 1.03 which landed me CEH.

Then I was able to pair Rivers and a couple other scrap pieces for a 1st that I later traded for Kenny Golladay. So overall I moved Josh Rosen and Anthony Mcfarland for CEH and Kenny Golladay.

Being able to play CEH as my flex option has been nice. I didn't need him to be the stud everyone wanted him to be last year, but it will make me the clear cut favorite this year (and a few more to come) if he steps up.
12 Team-1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1 PK 1 D/ST (30 man offseason rosters. Cut to 20 by week 1 / 0.5 PPR)

2023 2nd Place

QB: P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB: Bij. Robinson, K. Williams, D. Henry, N. Chubb, A. Gibson, C. Edwards-Helaire, L. Fournette
WR: J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, M. Evans, D. Hopkins, B. Cooks, Z. Jones, T. Atwell, C. Austin III
TE: M. Andrews, C. Otton
PK: J. Tucker
D/ST: Streaming

Taxi:

2024 Picks: 1.01, 2.03, 3.07, 4.03
2025 Picks: 2nd, 4th
2026 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:10 am

It was Fall of 2018. Todd Gurley was the sexiest beast on the fantasy football scene, and I owned him. I was a Sammy Watkins strained muscle away from being 6-0. I was probably never going to lose another FF matchup.

Then this strolled in, and my life was never the same.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172562&hilit=Gurley

Three years later and I have left is a huge portion of What Could Have Been.....

(I should probably change the names of some of the posters involved for what turned out to be heinous takes on that trade. But what would be the fun in that?)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:53 am

After I drafted a rookie Mahomes at 3.1, I traded him a few months later straight up for Wentz. Yikes, but not yikes.

While Mahomes sat behind Alex smith, Wentz put up an MVP season and helped get me in the lead for my division.

Wentz then shredded his knee, and my Star RB at the time (David Johnson) also got knocked out for the season.

I then made a nice trade with the 2nd to worst team. I gave him Wentz and David Johnson. I got leveon bell, Conner (no value yet just a handcuff), and Matt Ryan. Although at the time, my leaguemates thought I got a bit hosed, Leveon helped me win the championship that year. $600. And by removing leveon and Matt Ryan from my trade partner’s lineup, he sank to the 1.1 zone and got Barkley the next year. Instead of Guice who went 1.2. Win-win.

AND....the year that Conner emerged, I traded him to a team who was going for the Championship. I gave him Conner and Ebron (monster year Ebron that is), I got Dalvin (torn ACL) and Cooper Kupp.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am

I’ve had two major trades that changed my team’s direction in the 3 years the league has been running.

After week 2 in 2019:

Sent: Fournette
Received: 2020 1.05 (Akers), 2020 2.05 (Gibson), 2020 3.05 (Mims), and Penny

Prior to week 1 last season:

Sent: Keenan, Deebo, Gerald Everett, 2021 2nd
Received: Swift

The Lenny trade was a huge success and could not have been better timed. Trading him allowed me to tank and also acquire JT and Jefferson with my own first two draft picks.

The Swift trade was universally mocked when I made and considered an extreme overpay, but I got my guy and it looks like the value is probably on the Swift side now as he’s a top 10 startup pick and Keenan + Deebo are round 4 or later guys.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 pm

Always had issues drafting good WRs and coming into 2017 had the worst WR group in my league. Starting WRs at the time were:
Julian Edelman, Tyler Boyd, Devante Parker, and Donte Moncrief. (for some bad reminiscing my bench WRs were Josh Docston, Braxton Miller, Malcolm Mitchell, Sammie Coates, and Bruce Ellington).

Via mostly trades I think I'm putting up one of the better WR lineups coming into 2021:

During the 2017 draft traded a 2018 2nd round pick for 3.01 to grab Kenny Golladay in a freefall.

During the 2017 season once I realized I wasn't making the playoffs, traded to a playoff contender:
Devonta Freeman and a 4th round pick for Steph Diggs and a 3rd round pick
Side note: got ridiculed quite a bit as Diggs had finished the past two seasons 47th and 30th (wound up 19th in 2017) at WR, and Freeman 1st and 6th (wound up 15th in 2017) at RB; but trusted my eyes and gut about Freeman declining (much more so then I had thought he would as it turned out) and Diggs looking like a baby AB out there to me despite not showing it in the stat columns. Got crapped on again when people were trying to buy low this past off-season and I said how I believed if anything his move to Buffalo was going to be a boon to his production.
Also passed on numerous offers for Boyd, believing they were lowballing his potential as a WR2.

During the 2018 off-season post KC release, prior to getting picked up by the Browns; traded Kareem Hunt and a 2020 5th for a 2020 1st and 2nd to a contender. His team falls off a cliff and those picks turn into 1.03, 2.03

During the 2020 draft, took Dobbins 1.03 but wasn't sold on Jeudy with my original 1.06. Traded 1.06 and 3.06 for 2.04 and 2021 1st and 2nd. Grabbed Pittman, Mims and Edwards at 2.03, 2.04 and 2.06. The trade partners team hit major injury bugs and had other high ceiling/low floor players who mainly all hit their floor. Wound up being 1.01 and 2.01

Later in the 2020 season wanted to consolidate my bench and finally sell high-ish on Parker (yes, I held onto him all those years lol). Traded Kirk, Parker, James White, and John Johnson (safety) for Tyler Lockett.

2021 draft used that guys 1.01 to take Chase. Was hoping E. Mitchell would also fall to me at 2.01, but didn't happen.

Now my WR group is: Diggs, Chase, Golladay, Lockett, Boyd, Pittman, Mims, M. Williams (LAC), and B. Edwards; without really losing too much from my RB room (Barkley, A. Jones, Mixon, Dobbins) and really the only one not coming via a trade of some sort was Boyd.

Lessons learned: sell high on RBs when appropriate, trust your gut to get (and sometimes get rid of) players you want (don't want), and finally stop assuming you know where you and other league members will finish before the season even starts when trading future picks. It should have some weight in the trade, but not nearly as much as it's often given.

Last thing, to show not all trades were winners; prior to the 2020 season I traded Duke Johnson and my 2021 1st for Mike Williams. I'm still holding out hope, but that's looking like a major loss right now. Pick turned into 1.05 and Javonte Williams.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:50 pm

The team that I posted above, I also took some lumps.

A few years ago in the rookie draft, Sony Michel went at 1.6. I traded Robert Woods and the 1.11 for Michel. Calvin Ridley went at 1.11 to my trade partner.