Julio,Ridley,Pitts,AJ Brown,Henry..

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Julio,Ridley,Pitts,AJ Brown,Henry..

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:51 am

NFL wise this is a good trade for the Titans.

Fantasy
Slight downgrade for Henry, Jones and Brown. Target share distribution will be altered some as will red zone opportunities. Henry's touches will drop some and they should anyway. He should be a bit more efficient but production will drop.

Upgrade for Tannehill given his weapons just improved a ton.

ATL
Ryan's numbers should dip some losing Julio. Ridley's production may actually drop as he will be facing DB1's going forward.

Pitt's could be in line for ROY as he will be targeted early and often.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:02 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am Why are people falling over themselves to discount Pitts? Sure, if Pitts is less than rookie Evan Engram, his owners are going to be disappointed. But if he puts up 700+ yards, he's still not going to be cheaper than an early 1st. and if he puts up 900+ yards at barely 21, he'll be untouchable. Do people really see him not getting upwards of 110 targets? Or do they think the "TE" next to his name is going to make him wildly inefficient getting those targets?
I think there's as much an argument for Pitts at 1.01 as Chase or Harris in PPR/1QB. If you're a contending team that traded for the pick but doesn't have one of the big 3, it's fine to take him. Sure, the expectation was built in that Julio would leave, and his price reflected that. But now it's official and the early career risk has gone down significantly.
Pitts is being hyped so hard, that unless he turns in Kelce numbers right away, his value will take a dive(owners will be disappointed and those who are not and possibly avoided will say "told you so"
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am

BradyT wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:02 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am Why are people falling over themselves to discount Pitts? Sure, if Pitts is less than rookie Evan Engram, his owners are going to be disappointed. But if he puts up 700+ yards, he's still not going to be cheaper than an early 1st. and if he puts up 900+ yards at barely 21, he'll be untouchable. Do people really see him not getting upwards of 110 targets? Or do they think the "TE" next to his name is going to make him wildly inefficient getting those targets?
I think there's as much an argument for Pitts at 1.01 as Chase or Harris in PPR/1QB. If you're a contending team that traded for the pick but doesn't have one of the big 3, it's fine to take him. Sure, the expectation was built in that Julio would leave, and his price reflected that. But now it's official and the early career risk has gone down significantly.
Pitts is being hyped so hard, that unless he turns in Kelce numbers right away, his value will take a dive(owners will be disappointed and those who are not and possibly avoided will say "told you so"
I try not to make decisions based on fear is someone else saying "I told you so" but I disagree with your 1st statement. He's going to maintain value as long as he hits Engram numbers. The narrative will be "this guy just had the best rookie season for a TE in the modern era and he couldn't even legally drink until halfway through the season". And engram numbers are something he can fall backwards into with the competition for targets there.
I actually think Chase has as much if not more risk of disappointing his owners year 1.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:14 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am
I try not to make decisions based on fear is someone else saying "I told you so" but I disagree with your 1st statement. He's going to maintain value as long as he hits Engram numbers. The narrative will be "this guy just had the best rookie season for a TE in the modern era and he couldn't even legally drink until halfway through the season". And engram numbers are something he can fall backwards into with the competition for targets there.
I actually think Chase has as much if not more risk of disappointing his owners year 1.
Most people expect more than Evan Engram numbers though, *right away* And if numbers dont meet this expectations, perceived value usually goes down. In other words, value goes down, because they dont wanna pay that Price anymore

As for top3 drafted WRs or RBs, most people are willing to wait longer.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

BradyT wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:14 am
Most people expect more than Evan Engram numbers though, *right away* And if numbers dont meet this expectations, perceived value usually goes down. In other words, value goes down, because they dont wanna pay that Price anymore

Nobody that invests a top 4 pick on Pitts is going to sell low after 1 year. His percieved value may go down to those owners who didn't believe he was worth the top pick, but not for his owners.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

Nobody that invests a top 4 pick on Pitts is going to sell low after 1 year. His percieved value may go down to those owners who didn't believe he was worth the top pick, but not for his owners.

A few weeksago, right after I drafted Pitts, I made the following deal:

Gave: Pitts, Kenneth Murray(2pt per tackle), 1.10

Got: Jonathan Taylor, 2.03

Theres no was I'd get that done if Pitts underperforms
Taking full advantage of bis current hype
Last edited by BradyT on Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

Pitt's will easily line up more as a WR than at TE. Sooner than later he will start getting more Calvin Johnson comparisons than Engram or Kelce/Waller comparisons.

He is easily the best non QB prospect in this class. Bust potential is practically zero percent.

Height: 6’5 5/8” ELITE
Hand size: 10’ 5/8” ELITE
Arm: 33 4/8” ELITE
Wingspan: 83 3/8” ELITE
40-yard dash: 4.44 ELITE

Pick out which back 7 defensive players can even cover this guy. My take is you will be lucky to find 4 or 5 that can hang with him some of the time.

Pitts is so unique teams will be forced to adjust to try to scheme him effectively. He is a future stud. He is already a great athlete and college player; Wait until the play book becomes second nature.

I get people want to claim it's hype with Pitts but in reality it's obvious talent recognition by virtually every scout, coach, and GM on the planet.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:04 pm

BradyT wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am

Hey, I definitely won't argue with selling right now, but I feel his value is "safer" than a guy like Chase. Based on the historic 2020 rookie WR class (including Jefferson) Chase is going to feel like a disappointment unless he's a 1000 yard and is startable right out of the gate. I think Pitts will still feel like a rising star if he hits something like 750-800 yards and 5+ TDs (as long as a couple of those are GIF-able monster plays that show his upside and will get shared around twitter and reddit ad nauseum next offseason). Those are still top 6 TE numbers, and with 120ish targets and his prospect profile, that's more like a median estimate than his ceiling this year.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:05 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

Pitt's will easily line up more as a WR than at TE. Sooner than later he will start getting more Calvin Johnson comparisons than Engram or Kelce/Waller comparisons.

He is easily the best non QB prospect in this class. Bust potential is practically zero percent.

Pick out which back 7 defensive players can even cover this guy. My take is you will be lucky to find 4 or 5 that can hang with him some of the time.

Pitts is so unique teams will be forced to adjust to try to scheme him effectively. He is a future stud. He is already a great athlete and college player; Wait until the play book becomes second nature.

I get people want to claim it's hype with Pitts but in reality it's obvious talent recognition by virtually every scout, coach, and GM on the planet.
comparing him to Calvin Johnson doesnt help much either...unless you wanna push his current hype and value even more, because you wanna sell him....

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:08 pm

And..zero percent of him busting...how many times have we heard this before?....

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:09 pm

BradyT wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:05 pm comparing him to Calvin Johnson doesnt help much either...unless you wanna push his current hype and value even more, because you wanna sell him....
Pretty sure that was a prediction that he will get compared to Calvin Johnson, not a comparison to Calvin Johnson (although that's a much better comp than OJ Howard or Eric Ebron, which also gets used).

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm

This is certainly not selling low. My point is nobody is going to be selling Pitts "low"
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Dont get me wrong. Pitts is an exciting player to me too. With huge stud potential. But I rather invest in him once he has proven he is close to what is made out of him right now. While also cashing in on his current value..like I did when I got Jonathan Taylor(see above)
Sell at the right timè, which is right now. And then possibly buy again at the right time..which is certainly not now(again, got JT..)

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:32 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm

Yes, wrote something about it but somehow deleted it myself.

Pitts owners will definately not be selling low. So will not Najee and Chase owners. But I think possible buyers will be more likely to pay the asking price ( or close to that) for the top WR and/or RB than Pitts in case they all underperform. In other words, I think the price and value taq will be more stable for Najee and Chase than Pitts in case they underperform

This is certainly not selling low. My point is nobody is going to be selling Pitts "low"

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

Height: 6’6
Hand size: 11 inches
Arm length: 34 inches
Wingspan: 83 inches
40-yard dash: 4.65

Would you take player B based off your ELITE attributes?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th