2021 Injury Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2021 Injury Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:07 pm

dondickenson wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm Incredibly bizarre statement to not pay a 1st for CMC when he is probably worth 3x1st+ still
2 1sts maybe now after this latest injury

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:13 pm

dondickenson wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm Incredibly bizarre statement to not pay a 1st for CMC when he is probably worth 3x1st+ still
Time will tell.

It's not that I don't think CMC is one of the top 3 RBs when healthy. It's that I'm not putting on rose-colored glasses to convince myself that he is ever going to be healthy for an entire season.

The reality is no CMC owner is going to sell him right now for a single 1st. My point is, if I'm going to have to pay three 1sts for CMC, I'd rather pay two 1sts for Cook/Kamara, or one 1st and a good starter for DHenry. Or hell, I'd rather pay three 1sts for Najee. I no longer trust CMC.

I predict more injuries to CMC, this year, next year, until his production declines, and then he retires.

https://thescorecrow.com/2018/11/08/ham ... different/
According to this, a Grade3 Hamstring injury requires a minimum of 8+ weeks of recovery. I haven't heard what grade CMC has, but because he will have missed over 6 weeks before he's eligible, I feel comfortable assuming it's not a 1 and probably not a 2. If it was a grade 2, CMC could return as early as 4 weeks which would be next week, and Carolina would have no reason to put him on IR. The fact that they put him on IR indicates they do not expect him to return within 5 weeks of the injury - which to me indicates a grade 3, which could possibly/likely extend into/through the fantasy playoffs.

A similar injury cost Fournette 8 games in 2018. A grade 3 is a very serious matter for a RB. Combine that with CMC's injury history and I'm happy to spend my 1st elsewhere.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:08 am CMC to IR. Clearly the Panthers are clueless. Another lost season is looming. Glad I acquired him after his big year. LOL.
That's what's really standing out to me. They have developed a rather troubling record with misevaluations of player health, and making players play through things / being aggressive with timelines.

They ran Cam Newton into the ground. Luke Kuechley hung them up rather than continue sacrificing his body for this team. There are others that are slipping my mind right now, but I feel like every year we're talking about another player that the Panthers mis-managed on the health front.

To come back to CMC, I mean - anyone putting the "touch count" for the last three years alongside a picture of the man could have known that it might not be the greatest idea. His future in the league is to play the Darren Sproles role as he ages. They should probably start spotting him with a proper bruiser. Touch count and HOF stat accumulation be damned... think of your health Christian!

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 pm

His high usage the previous years seem to be catching up with him now. I hope he returns back to his dominant self because he’s fun to watch.

Sorry to take this off topic but is Derrick Henry just a unicorn?? Part of me wants to believe he is and then the other side says we will be talking about him in a week or two in this thread. His usage is unreal and has been for the past two seasons.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Kareem Hunt has a calf injury. Obviously a bad one, if he had to be carted off, but it is NOT an achilles injury. That is very good news for his future outlook, career wise.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:56 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:08 am CMC to IR. Clearly the Panthers are clueless. Another lost season is looming. Glad I acquired him after his big year. LOL.
That's what's really standing out to me. They have developed a rather troubling record with misevaluations of player health, and making players play through things / being aggressive with timelines.

They ran Cam Newton into the ground. Luke Kuechley hung them up rather than continue sacrificing his body for this team. There are others that are slipping my mind right now, but I feel like every year we're talking about another player that the Panthers mis-managed on the health front.

To come back to CMC, I mean - anyone putting the "touch count" for the last three years alongside a picture of the man could have known that it might not be the greatest idea. His future in the league is to play the Darren Sproles role as he ages. They should probably start spotting him with a proper bruiser. Touch count and HOF stat accumulation be damned... think of your health Christian!
Yeah, Sproles is a good comp. I figured he could be a Danny Woodhead type in his late 20's, early 30's. COP/3rd down back that still catches 80 plus passes a year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm Kareem Hunt has a calf injury. Obviously a bad one, if he had to be carted off, but it is NOT an achilles injury. That is very good news for his future outlook, career wise.
Sounds like he's missing at least 3 weeks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:11 pm

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1450174815307014145

Colts injury news—  it's a significant foot injury for wideout Parris Campbell and he'll miss some time. "Hate it for him," coach Frank Reich says.

TY Hilton "was doing fine today" but the team will see where he's at in 48 hours before knowing for sure his status for Sunday.

Could be season-ending for Campbell, but Colts haven't decided on that just yet. Expect the team to place him on IR soon.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm

I dropped Campbell in my league earlier this year. I decided to let him be a landmine on someone else's roster. I don't regret that decision. Bummer for Campbell the person though, his body really doesn't want him to play on Sunday....

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:56 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm I dropped Campbell in my league earlier this year. I decided to let him be a landmine on someone else's roster. I don't regret that decision. Bummer for Campbell the person though, his body really doesn't want him to play on Sunday....
Sounding like Marquise Lee

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:56 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm I dropped Campbell in my league earlier this year. I decided to let him be a landmine on someone else's roster. I don't regret that decision. Bummer for Campbell the person though, his body really doesn't want him to play on Sunday....
Sounding like Marquise Lee
Good comp. Arreleous Benn comes to mind as well

Pyro_6138
Starter
Starter

Postby Pyro_6138 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:12 pm

JOK doubtful with a high ankle sprain now. I'm running out of linebackers :wall:
10 team .5pt PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, 4DL, 4LB, 4DB

QB- Josh Allen, Garoppalo, Wentz, Pickett
RB- Swift, Josh Jacobs, CEH, Breece, Penny, Pacheco, Josh Kelley, Drake, Keontay Ingram, Hubbard
WR- Godwin, DJM, Cooks, Aiyuk Jeudy, Juju, Reynolds, Pickens,
TE- Andrews, Ertz, Jordan
DL- Leonard Williams, Payne, Ojulari, Franklin-Myers, Tuitt, Greenard,
LB- Shaq Thompson, Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, JOK, Kirksey, Oweh, Ernest Jones, Kyzir White
DB - Jessie Bates, Micah Hyde, Jalen Thompson, Quandre Diggs, Moehrig, Kareem Jackson, Gardner-Johnson

10 Team 4 Keepers IDP, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2WR/TE, 2IDP Flex, 2DL, 3LB 2DB

QB - Mayfield, Carr, Zach Wilson
RB - Chubb, Najee Harris, Ronald Jones, Michel
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Claypool, Pittman, Sutton, Chase, Rondale Moore
TE - Kittle, Higbee
DL/ LB - Bosa, Shaq Barrett, Reddick, Chubb, Jabril Peppers, Landry, Jaelan Phillips
DB - Byard, Bates, Horn

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Fantasy Pros- Campbell's injury is a potential season-ender. The 24-year-old has struggled with injuries throughout his brief NFL career. He can be dropped in all fantasy formats.

Ouch.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm Fantasy Pros- Campbell's injury is a potential season-ender. The 24-year-old has struggled with injuries throughout his brief NFL career. He can be dropped in all fantasy formats.

Ouch.
Man he's been so disappointing. I offloaded all shares a year ago or so, but this is still a shame. He has the potential bbut it just doesn't matter for some players

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm Fantasy Pros- Campbell's injury is a potential season-ender. The 24-year-old has struggled with injuries throughout his brief NFL career. He can be dropped in all fantasy formats.

Ouch.
Man he's been so disappointing. I offloaded all shares a year ago or so, but this is still a shame. He has the potential bbut it just doesn't matter for some players
Talent is just one part of the equation. All the interrelated factors that go into dynasty projections make it so tough.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06